Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ksh case statement issue
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ksh case statement issue Post 302990889 by rdrtx1 on Thursday 2nd of February 2017 10:12:56 AM
Old 02-02-2017
Code:
1) print "Running option 1: $file\n"; { nohup ${BASE}/run_test ${file} > /dev/null 2>&1 ; } & ; _RC=$? ; [[ $_RC -ne 0 ]] && exit 1";";";

This User Gave Thanks to rdrtx1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

case statement

Hi all, is it possible to create a 'dynamic' case statement. ie select option in `ls` do case satement depending on results of the above `ls` done I hope I have explained this ok! Thanks Helen (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bab00shka
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

case statement

Hi all, I think i'm asking a sqtupid question here.. i'm using case sttament, what is the syntax or symbol for "or"? I thought was || here a quick sample of my case statment echo "Would you like to update your detail ?" read response case $response in ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: c00kie88
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

CASE statement

Hi, I am writing a bash shell script. My script has a few user defined parameters. When the script runs the first thing it does is make sure that these parameters are valid. One of the parameters is called YEAR. A valid input for YEAR can be 1997-2000. One way I have come up with to ensure... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msb65
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh case statement

I am trying to write a ksh script using the case statement to select certain directories to remove. The directories that I am looking for are in the following format 2008-10-10. I want to exclude all other files/directories that contain anything other the 4 digit year,a dash, 2 digit month, a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgilc
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

case statement in UNIX scripting (ksh)

Hi, I have a script like below : #!/bin/ksh echo "Do you want to export all docs ?" read alld echo "Do you want to export template or report only " read temr case && ] #arguments ;; case && ] #arguments ;; case && ] #arguments ;; (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with case statement

I am writing a script to pull diskspace information from our servers. Here is the script that I wrote: #!/bin/ksh for host in `cat /oper/hosts/esc.misc` do ssh -q -o ConnectTimeout=10 operator@$host df -h|grep "/dev/" |egrep '8%|9%|100%' | awk '{print H " " "at " $5 " with " $4 "... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkruck
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh "case" statement question

Hi I have the following case statement: case $larg in *_* ) a=${larg%_*}; b=${larg#*_}; ;; *^* ) a=${larg%^*}; b=${larg#*^}; ;; esac I cannot figure out what *_* and *^* stand for... Also what a=${larg%_*}; b=${larg#*_}; and a=${larg%^*}; b=${larg#*^}; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case statement

Hello, The standard case statement :- case "$1" in "IE0263") commands;; "IE0264") commands;; esac is it possible to have :- case "$1" in "IE0263" OR "IE0878") commands;; "IE0264") commands;; esac Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmahal
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using an array with a case statement in KSH

Hi, I'm really new ro shell scripting (actually any kind of programming) and am pretty sure I'm making a pretty basic error here but I can't for the life of me figure it out. What I'm trying to do is get an array working with a case statement in a KSH script. The code is as follows: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SReilly
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with while/case statement.

Hi, In my script I have while loop with case statement its working fine, I have added two more arguments as input to script. So i have addedd 2 cases in the existing case statement. -a and -d are newly added blocks. Am passing the arguments for the same as below. test.sh -s NY -t N -f... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shieksir
4 Replies
NOHUP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  NOHUP(1)

NAME
nohup -- invoke a utility immune to hangups SYNOPSIS
nohup [--] utility [arguments] DESCRIPTION
The nohup utility invokes utility with its arguments and at this time sets the signal SIGHUP to be ignored. If the standard output is a ter- minal, the standard output is appended to the file nohup.out in the current directory. If standard error is a terminal, it is directed to the same place as the standard output. Some shells may provide a builtin nohup command which is similar or identical to this utility. Consult the builtin(1) manual page. ENVIRONMENT
The following variables are utilized by nohup: HOME If the output file nohup.out cannot be created in the current directory, the nohup utility uses the directory named by HOME to create the file. PATH Used to locate the requested utility if the name contains no '/' characters. EXIT STATUS
The nohup utility exits with one of the following values: 126 The utility was found, but could not be invoked. 127 The utility could not be found or an error occurred in nohup. Otherwise, the exit status of nohup will be that of utility. SEE ALSO
builtin(1), csh(1), signal(3) STANDARDS
The nohup utility is expected to be IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') compatible. BUGS
Two or more instances of nohup can append to the same file, which makes for a confusing output. BSD
July 19, 2001 BSD