Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installing perl5.14 failed
Operating Systems Linux Installing perl5.14 failed Post 302990887 by drl on Thursday 2nd of February 2017 08:59:08 AM
Old 02-02-2017
Hi.

It looked like back in 2012 in thread Shared-library error you did have a subscription, and you knew how to use yum.

I think your options now are:
  1. Install packages from the installation media, keeping in mind that they may be old.
  2. Try to create a local repository, see 8.4.6. Creating a Yum Repository
  3. Use CentOS.
  4. Try to install CentOS repostories in your RHEL system, some guidance might be helpful from Installing CentOS packages on Red Hat Enterprise Linux - Michael Cutler's personal website -- but in the past few years CentOS was folded into RedHat, so I don't know whether this is still possible.
  5. Wait or search for other answers here or on the net.
For some more discussion along this line wait for other responses here, and/or see rhel6 - Do I need a RHEL subscription to install packages? - Server Fault

The most on-point comment that I found if you stay with an unregistered system is The wasted time would cost a lot more than the subscription!

Good luck ... cheers, drl

Last edited by drl; 02-02-2017 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: Edit 1: Correct typo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

one question of perl5

I'm a chinese.I want to change the number $103,456 to chinese >" Ê°ÍòÁãÈþǪËÁ°ÛÎéʰ½" user perl5! > That always talk me it have errors" >syntax error at uper line 25, near "If" >syntax error at uper line 29, near "$chg(" >Execution of uper aborted due to compilation errors." >it's seem that it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ybz3721
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sh script to traul through /usr/lib/perl5 ...

Hey, Im trying to create a script to create a dir-tree of pod converted to html. so far this is the script: #!/bin/sh cd /usr/lib/perl5 for d in ./* ; do # is it a dir? if ; then # yes! get the basename cd $d ; dir=`basename $d` for f in ./* ; do ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emcb
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problems installing perl5

Hi!! I have problems installing perl5 in a Tru64 4.0F enviroment, and i need it to install OpenSSL and OpenSSH to establis a SFTP... I'm installing perl 5.8.8 but an error occurr during make test, i ran ./perl harness and the result is the problem is on op/filetest.t I didn't know what to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: irasela
0 Replies

4. Linux

Installing Firefox and now ended up installing latest glibc

Hi all, I wanted to install the latest version of firefox 2 but it seems when I attempt to install it, it seems to be saying it is looking for c libraries version 2.3? I believe I currently have an older version of the c libraries. I am currently running Sun's JDS Linux 2003. My Mozilla web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
1 Replies

5. AIX

SFTP Failed---Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0

Hi, While I am trying SFTP my machine to another unix machine , it was working fine till 10 min back. But now i am getting the below error "Request for subsystem 'sftp' failed on channel 0" Could you please someone help me to solve or analyise the root cause... Cheers:b:, Mahiban (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahiban
0 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Re Installing windows XP after installing KUBUNTU

Hi I have dual operating system i.e Win XP and KUBUNTU. Now my windows XP is corrupted and i want to reinstall Win XP. So i just want to know Shall i have to reinstall Linux also or i can only reinstall win xp without affecting linux installation. Thanks Sarbjit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Authentication failed !

Hey since this morning I(nonrrot user) am not able to log into my system with my username. I am using redhat linux kernel release 2.6.9-5.ELsmp. I aslo found the folowing output for chkconfig command: # chkconfig --list|grep ldap ldap 0: off 1: off 2: off 3: off 4: off 5: off... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok.g
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Cygwin X Server error: xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display

Hi, i got the following error when i tried to access the cygwin x server from a windows XP PC. "xdmcp fatal error session failed session 23 failed for display" Alternatively, when i tried to access the same Cygwin X Server from another windows XP PC which is on a different LAN... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HarishKumarM
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Wrong ELF data format: ELFDATA2MSB at /usr/perl5/5.8.4/lib/i86pc-solaris-64int/DynaLoader.pm

We are trying to install our project on solaris 10 x86 machine. we are getting the following error. Can't load '/u01/apps/WatchMark/FlexPM//R39FOA1/sw/perl/lib/auto/DBI/DBI.so' for module DBI: ld.so.1: perl: fatal: /u01/apps/WatchMark/FlexPM//R39FOA1/sw/perl/lib/auto/DBI/DBI.so: wrong ELF data... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jagandadi
3 Replies

10. Red Hat

Installing OPENSSH 6.2P2 on RHEL 4, 64B failed

make: Leaving directory `/u01/openssh-6.2p2/openbsd-compat' gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wuninitialized -Wsign-compare -Wformat-security -fno-strict-aliasing -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fno-builtin-memset -std=gnu99 -I. -I. -DSSHDIR=\"/usr/local/etc\" - D_PATH_SSH_PROGRAM=\"/usr/local/bin/ssh\"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scao
0 Replies
PMINST(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						PMINST(1p)

NAME
pminst - find modules whose names match this pattern SYNOPSIS
pminst [-s] [-l] [pattern] DESCRIPTION
Without argumnets, show the names of all installed modules. Given a pattern, show all module names that match it. The -l flag will show the full pathname. The -s flag will separate the base directory from @INC from the module portion itself. EXAMPLES
$ pminst (lists all installed modules) $ pminst Carp CGI::Carp Carp $ pminst ^IO:: IO::Socket::INET IO::Socket::UNIX IO::Select IO::Socket IO::Poll IO::Handle IO::Pipe IO::Seekable IO::Dir IO::File $ pminst '(?i)io' IO::Socket::INET IO::Socket::UNIX IO::Select IO::Socket IO::Poll IO::Handle IO::Pipe IO::Seekable IO::Dir IO::File IO Pod::Functions The -s flag provides output with the directory separated by a space: $ pminst -s | sort +1 (lists all modules, sorted by name, but with where they came from) $ oldperl -S pminst -s IO /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 IO::File /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 IO::Handle /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 IO::Pipe /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 IO::Seekable /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 IO::Select /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 IO::Socket /usr/lib/perl5/i386-linux/5.00404 IO /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl LWP::IO /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl LWP::TkIO /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl Tk::HTML::IO /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl Tk::IO /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl IO::Stringy /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl IO::Wrap /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl IO::ScalarArray /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl IO::Scalar /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl IO::Lines /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl IO::WrapTie /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl IO::AtomicFile The -l flag gives full paths: $ filsperl -S pminst -l Thread /usr/local/filsperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux-thread/Thread/Queue.pm /usr/local/filsperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux-thread/Thread/Semaphore.pm /usr/local/filsperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux-thread/Thread/Signal.pm /usr/local/filsperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux-thread/Thread/Specific.pm /usr/local/filsperl/lib/5.00554/i686-linux-thread/Thread.pm AUTHORS and COPYRIGHTS Copyright (C) 1999 Tom Christiansen. Copyright (C) 2006-2008 Mark Leighton Fisher. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of either: (a) the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 1, or (at your option) any later version, or (b) the Perl "Artistic License". (This is the Perl 5 licensing scheme.) Please note this is a change from the original pmtools-1.00 (still available on CPAN), as pmtools-1.00 were licensed only under the Perl "Artistic License". perl v5.10.1 2010-02-22 PMINST(1p)