Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: My first Script
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions My first Script Post 302990877 by Sonny_103024 on Thursday 2nd of February 2017 05:10:49 AM
Old 02-02-2017
Thanks RudiC.. got it and is working now..Smilie
This User Gave Thanks to Sonny_103024 For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
nissetup(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      nissetup(1M)

NAME
nissetup - initialize a NIS+ domain SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/nis/nissetup [-Y] [domain] DESCRIPTION
nissetup is a shell script that sets up a NIS+ domain to service clients that wish to store system administration information in a domain named domain. This domain should already exist prior to executing this command. See nismkdir(1) and nisinit(1M). A NIS+ domain consists of a NIS+ directory and its subdirectories: org_dir and groups_dir. org_dir stores system administration informa- tion and groups_dir stores information for group access control. nissetup creates the subdirectories org_dir and groups_dir in domain. Both subdirectories will be replicated on the same servers as the parent domain. After the subdirectories are created, nissetup creates the default tables that NIS+ serves. These are auto_master, auto_home, bootparams, cred, ethers, group, hosts, mail_aliases, netmasks, networks, passwd, protocols, rpc, services, and timezone. The nissetup script uses the nistbladm(1) command to create these tables. The script can be easily customized to add site specific tables that are created at setup time. This command is normally executed just once per domain. While this command creates the default tables, it does not initialize them with data. This is accomplished with the nisaddent(1M) command. It is easier to use the nisserver(1M) script to create subdirectories and the default tables. OPTIONS
-Y Specify that the domain will be served as both a NIS+ domain as well as an NIS domain using the backward compatibility flag. This will set up the domain to be less secure by making all the system tables readable by unauthenticated clients as well. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnisu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nis+(1), nismkdir(1), nistbladm(1), nisaddent(1M), nisinit(1M) nisserver(1M), attributes(5) NOTES
NIS+ might not be supported in future releases of the SolarisTM Operating Environment. Tools to aid the migration from NIS+ to LDAP are available in the Solaris 9 operating environment. For more information, visit http://www.sun.com/directory/nisplus/transition.html. SunOS 5.10 13 Dec 2001 nissetup(1M)