Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Unable to rmlvcopy on jfs2log rootvg Post 302990796 by jaapar on Wednesday 1st of February 2017 04:44:18 AM
Old 02-01-2017
Hi Robin,

I believe the disk is not yet completely faulted but perhaps it is unable to access some sectors which in my opinion already failing.

The burning question is if I may remove the jfs2log on rootvg and recreate it without downtime.Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Cloned Rootvg

New Question: The purpose of an alternate disk install is in my opinion to have a ready-to-use-backup and i've read that it is possible to install filesets or software on the cloned disk for testing purposal while the normal system is still running. The question is: how do you tell AIX (5.2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvanelshocht
5 Replies

2. AIX

mirror rootvg

Hello I have a question I have a box with Aix 5.3 with rootvg on mirror. I deleted a filesystem and I create a new one to install some software but when I type lsvg -l rootvg all my filesystems has mirror unless the new one. My question is I can mirror this fs only ??? or I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
9 Replies

3. AIX

Anyone know how to access rootvg?

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue with an AIX system here. I have no experience with system administration of IBM stuff. Our local admin is ... um ... not available at this time. I found something online that said enter service mode - How the heck do I do that??? Why is IBM stuff lack proper... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

4. AIX

extendvg and rootvg

When attempting to extend rootvg to a new physical disk I received the following message: 0516-1162 extendvg: Warning, The Physical Partition Size of 64 requires the creation of 1093 partitions for hdisk5. The limitation for volume group rootvg is 1016 physical partitions... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
4 Replies

5. AIX

mirroring rootvg

I would like to konw wheather below steps are sufficient for mirroring rootvg. extendvg rootvg hdisk1 mirrorvg rootvg bootlist -m normal hdisk0 hdisk1 bosboot -ad hdisk0 bosboot -ad hdisk1 or anything needs to be added. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
7 Replies

6. AIX

rootvg mirrored

I want to increase the size of /tmp by 1GB I know that the command is chfs -a size=+1G /tmp But the rootvg is mirrored and when I do a lsvg -p rootvg, I could see 2 disks. Will there be any impact if I increase the size of /tmp when the rootvg is mirrored ? Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

7. AIX

Convert rootvg to scalable

hello everyone, I have an AIX6.1 machine and i want to convert the rootvg to scalable format because i need to increase the size of specific file systems and i cannot do it with its current state. I know that in order to perform this operation the volume group must be varied off so is there a way... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
5 Replies

8. AIX

Reducing / on rootvg

The root filesystem was mirrored, someone/something stopped mirroring, and increased / and /home to ridiculous values (/ got increased to 102gb and its only using 4.3gb, so 98gb is free). Can I reduce the / (/dev/hd4) filesytem down WITHOUT corrupting the the OS? I would do a: chfs -a size=10g... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

AIX - mirror a jfs2log

Hi everybody, I have a little problem with my AIX 6.1, PowerHA 6.1 LVM mirroring. I accidentally created logical volume cpsabcd2lv with external jfs2log loglv00 in the same volume group cpsdata2vg. Then I mirrored LV cpsabcd2lv on the second LUN in VG cpsdata2vg. My journal is unmirrored and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Necronomic
0 Replies
extendfs_vxfs(1M)														 extendfs_vxfs(1M)

NAME
extendfs_vxfs: extendfs - extend VxFS file system size SYNOPSIS
size] special DESCRIPTION
If the VxFS file system image created on special does not use all of the available space, increases the capacity of a VxFS file system by updating the file system structure to include the extra space. special specifies the device special file of either a logical volume or a disk partition. If special refers to a mounted file system, you must unmount special before running (see mount(1M)). The Version 5 disk layout supports file systems up to 32 terabytes. The size to which a Version 5 disk layout file system can be increased depends on the file system block size: o 1024 bytes 4,294,967,039 sectors (4 TB) o 2048 bytes 8,589,934,078 sectors (8 TB) o 4096 bytes 17,179,868,156 sectors (16 TB) o 8192 bytes 34,359,736,312 sectors (32 TB) The Version 6 disk layout supports file systems up to 256 terabytes. The size to which a Version 6 disk layout file system can be increased depends on the file system block size: o 1024 bytes 34,359,736,312 sectors (32 TB) o 2048 bytes 68,719,472,624 sectors (64 TB) o 4096 bytes 137,438,945,248 sectors (128 TB) o 8192 bytes 274,877,890,496 sectors (256 TB) The maximum file system size supported is 2 terabytes. For a file system's size to be increased to 32 terabytes or greater, the file sys- tem must be on a 64-bit kernel operating system and must reside on a VERITAS Volume Manager volume. If the file system resides on a volume set, will fail. Use the fsvoladm(1M) command to extend a multi-volume file system. When the file system size is grown with the extendfs command, the intent log size is not automatically increased. Options recognizes the following options: Specify the VxFS file system type. Query special to determine the size. The file system is not extended. Specify the number of blocks to add to the file system. If size is omitted, the maximum possible size is used. Specify verbose mode, which displays the resulting size of file system along with output of the newly sized file system. Without there is no output. Operands recognizes the following operand: special The device special file of either a logical volume or a disk partition. If special refers to a mounted file system, you must unmount special before running (see mount(1M)). EXAMPLES
This example shows how to increase the capacity of a file system created on a logical volume. SEE ALSO
extendfs(1M), lvextend(1M), mkfs(1M), mount(1M), umount(1M), fs_vxfs(4). extendfs_vxfs(1M)