Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Unable to rmlvcopy on jfs2log rootvg Post 302990706 by jaapar on Tuesday 31st of January 2017 03:25:23 AM
Old 01-31-2017
I forgot to add, the server has a disk failure and I am trying to remove the mirror on the failed disk via unmirrorvg, rmlvcopy but failed only at the loglv since the state was already "stale", syncvg also failed tu make the loglv sync.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Cloned Rootvg

New Question: The purpose of an alternate disk install is in my opinion to have a ready-to-use-backup and i've read that it is possible to install filesets or software on the cloned disk for testing purposal while the normal system is still running. The question is: how do you tell AIX (5.2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvanelshocht
5 Replies

2. AIX

mirror rootvg

Hello I have a question I have a box with Aix 5.3 with rootvg on mirror. I deleted a filesystem and I create a new one to install some software but when I type lsvg -l rootvg all my filesystems has mirror unless the new one. My question is I can mirror this fs only ??? or I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
9 Replies

3. AIX

Anyone know how to access rootvg?

I'm trying to troubleshoot an issue with an AIX system here. I have no experience with system administration of IBM stuff. Our local admin is ... um ... not available at this time. I found something online that said enter service mode - How the heck do I do that??? Why is IBM stuff lack proper... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

4. AIX

extendvg and rootvg

When attempting to extend rootvg to a new physical disk I received the following message: 0516-1162 extendvg: Warning, The Physical Partition Size of 64 requires the creation of 1093 partitions for hdisk5. The limitation for volume group rootvg is 1016 physical partitions... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jyoung
4 Replies

5. AIX

mirroring rootvg

I would like to konw wheather below steps are sufficient for mirroring rootvg. extendvg rootvg hdisk1 mirrorvg rootvg bootlist -m normal hdisk0 hdisk1 bosboot -ad hdisk0 bosboot -ad hdisk1 or anything needs to be added. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
7 Replies

6. AIX

rootvg mirrored

I want to increase the size of /tmp by 1GB I know that the command is chfs -a size=+1G /tmp But the rootvg is mirrored and when I do a lsvg -p rootvg, I could see 2 disks. Will there be any impact if I increase the size of /tmp when the rootvg is mirrored ? Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
1 Replies

7. AIX

Convert rootvg to scalable

hello everyone, I have an AIX6.1 machine and i want to convert the rootvg to scalable format because i need to increase the size of specific file systems and i cannot do it with its current state. I know that in order to perform this operation the volume group must be varied off so is there a way... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
5 Replies

8. AIX

Reducing / on rootvg

The root filesystem was mirrored, someone/something stopped mirroring, and increased / and /home to ridiculous values (/ got increased to 102gb and its only using 4.3gb, so 98gb is free). Can I reduce the / (/dev/hd4) filesytem down WITHOUT corrupting the the OS? I would do a: chfs -a size=10g... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

AIX - mirror a jfs2log

Hi everybody, I have a little problem with my AIX 6.1, PowerHA 6.1 LVM mirroring. I accidentally created logical volume cpsabcd2lv with external jfs2log loglv00 in the same volume group cpsdata2vg. Then I mirrored LV cpsabcd2lv on the second LUN in VG cpsdata2vg. My journal is unmirrored and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Necronomic
0 Replies
LVCONVERT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      LVCONVERT(8)

NAME
lvconvert - convert a logical volume from linear to mirror or snapshot SYNOPSIS
lvconvert -m|--mirrors Mirrors [--mirrorlog {disk|core}] [--corelog] [-R|--regionsize MirrorLogRegionSize] [-A|--alloc AllocationPolicy] [-b|--background] [-i|--interval Seconds] [-h|-?|--help] [-v|--verbose] [--version] LogicalVolume[Path] [PhysicalVolume[Path]...] lvconvert -s|--snapshot [-c|--chunksize ChunkSize] [-h|-?|--help] [-v|--verbose] [-Z|--zero y|n] [--version] OriginalLogicalVolume[Path] SnapshotLogicalVolume[Path] DESCRIPTION
lvconvert will change a linear logical volume to a mirror logical volume or to a snapshot of linear volume and vice versa. It is also used to add and remove disk logs from mirror devices. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. Exactly one of --mirrors or --snapshot arguments required. -m, --mirrors Mirrors Specifies the degree of the mirror you wish to create. For example, "-m 1" would convert the original logical volume to a mirror volume with 2-sides; that is, a linear volume plus one copy. --mirrorlog {disk|core} Specifies the type of log to use. The default is disk, which is persistent and requires a small amount of storage space, usually on a separate device from the data being mirrored. Core may be useful for short-lived mirrors: It means the mirror is regenerated by copying the data from the first device again every time the device is activated - perhaps, for example, after every reboot. --corelog The optional argument "--corelog" is the same as specifying "--mirrorlog core". -R, --regionsize MirrorLogRegionSize A mirror is divided into regions of this size (in MB), and the mirror log uses this granularity to track which regions are in sync. -b, --background Run the daemon in the background. -i, --interval Seconds Report progress as a percentage at regular intervals. -s, --snapshot Create a snapshot from existing logical volume using another existing logical volume as its origin. -c, --chunksize ChunkSize Power of 2 chunk size for the snapshot logical volume between 4k and 512k. -Z, --zero y|n Controls zeroing of the first KB of data in the snapshot. If the volume is read-only the snapshot will not be zeroed. Examples "lvconvert -m1 vg00/lvol1" converts the linear logical volume "vg00/lvol1" to a two-way mirror logical volume. "lvconvert --mirrorlog core vg00/lvol1" converts a mirror with a disk log to a mirror with an in-memory log. "lvconvert --mirrorlog disk vg00/lvol1" converts a mirror with an in-memory log to a mirror with a disk log. "lvconvert -m0 vg00/lvol1" converts a mirror logical volume to a linear logical volume. "lvconvert -s vg00/lvol1 vg00/lvol2" converts logical volume "vg00/lvol2" to snapshot of original volume "vg00/lvol1" SEE ALSO
lvm(8), vgcreate(8), lvremove(8), lvrename(8), lvextend(8), lvreduce(8), lvdisplay(8), lvscan(8) Red Hat, Inc LVM TOOLS 2.02.44-cvs (02-17-09) LVCONVERT(8)