Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy and paste text inside a xml file Post 302990533 by Tapiocapioca on Friday 27th of January 2017 04:39:59 PM
Old 01-27-2017
Copy and paste text inside a xml file

I have a really big XML file. I need copy the value of one tag inside another one tag. I try to publish one example.

Code:
  <channel update="i" site="merge-xmltv" site_id="" xmltv_id="Rai 1">Rai 1</channel>
  <channel update="i" site="merge-xmltv" site_id="" xmltv_id="Rai 1 +2HD">Rai 1 +2HD</channel>
  <channel update="i" site="merge-xmltv" site_id="" xmltv_id="Rai 1 +1HD">Rai 1 +1HD</channel>
  <channel update="i" site="merge-xmltv" site_id="" xmltv_id="Rai 2">Rai 2</channel>
  <channel update="i" site="merge-xmltv" site_id="" xmltv_id="Rai 2 +2HD">Rai 2 +2HD</channel>
  <channel update="i" site="merge-xmltv" site_id="" xmltv_id="Rai 2 +1HD">Rai 2 +1HD</channel>

I need this file will be:

Code:
  <channel update="i" site="merge-xmltv" site_id="Rai 1" xmltv_id="Rai 1">Rai 1</channel>
  <channel update="i" site="merge-xmltv" site_id="Rai 1 +2HD" xmltv_id="Rai 1 +2HD">Rai 1 +2HD</channel>
  <channel update="i" site="merge-xmltv" site_id="Rai 1 +1HD" xmltv_id="Rai 1 +1HD">Rai 1 +1HD</channel>
  <channel update="i" site="merge-xmltv" site_id="Rai 2" xmltv_id="Rai 2">Rai 2</channel>
  <channel update="i" site="merge-xmltv" site_id="Rai 2 +2HD" xmltv_id="Rai 2 +2HD">Rai 2 +2HD</channel>
  <channel update="i" site="merge-xmltv" site_id="Rai 2 +1HD" xmltv_id="Rai 2 +1HD">Rai 2 +1HD</channel>

I tried to use the command sed

Code:
sed -i 's/\(.*xmltv_id="\)\(.*\)\(">.*site_id="\)\(**\)\(" xmltv_id.*\)/\1\2\3\2\5/' WebGrab++.config.xml

but something is wrong...

I am using cygwin and perl is not really supported, thank you if someone can help me!

Last edited by vgersh99; 01-27-2017 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: fixed code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace a text inside a file based on a xml key

<c-param> <param-name>Number</param-name> <param-value>22</param-value> <description>my house number</description> </c-param> <c-param> <param-name>Address</param-name> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reldb
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy/Paste text as commands in AIX

Hello, I'm absolutely new to this world... but I've a problem with a terminal connected via PuTTY (or Termlite) to an AIX 5.1 application. The problem: I need to paste from clipboard a text containing both input text strings and special keys as ESC, Arrows and so on, to execute in the AIX... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniele11
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Copy and paste text from a word document into a txt file in vi

Hello, Can anybody please tell me how we can copy and paste text from a word document into a text file that we are editing in vi? Is it possible to do that while we are editing the text file in vi in insert mode? Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
3 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

copy files inside a text file

Hi Guys , I am new to this and Hi to all ,Need your help I am trying to copy Files which are inside file.txt The files inside file.txt are inthe below order file1.log file2.log file3.log ....... I want to copy these files to an output Directory , Please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hc17972
1 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

copy files inside a text file

Hi Guys , I am new to this and Hi to all ,Need your help I am trying to copy Files which are inside file.txt The files inside file.txt are inthe below order file1.log file2.log file3.log ....... I want to copy these files to an output Directory , Please help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hc17972
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop through text file > Copy Folder > Edit XML files in bulk?

I have a text file which contains lines in this format - it contains 105 lines in total, but I'm just putting 4 here to keep it short: 58571,east_ppl_ppla_por 58788,east_pcy_hd_por 58704,east_pcy_ga_por 58697,east_pcy_pcybs_por It's called id_key.txt I have a sample folder called... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: biscuitcreek
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy and Paste Columns in a Tab-Limited Text file

I have this text file with a very large number of columns (10,000+) and I want to move the first column to the position of the six column so that the text file looks like this: Before cutting and pasting ID Family Mother Father Trait Phenotype aaa bbb ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace text inside XML file based on condition

Hi All, I want to change the name as SEQ_13 ie., <Property Name="Name">SEQ_13</Property> when the Stage Type is PxSequentialFile ie., <Property Name="StageType">PxSequentialFile</Property> :wall: Input.XML <Main> <Record Identifier="V0S13" Type="CustomStage" Readonly="0">... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmsekhar
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash copy and paste text in file from one position to another

Hi I have a text file with lines beginning with 71303, 71403, 71602, I need to copy the 10 digit text at position 30 on lines beginning with 71303 (5500011446) to position 99 on every line beginning with 71602 (see example below), There may be many 71303 lines but I need the text copying to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firefox2k2
2 Replies

10. Programming

How to write in other language in text/xml file by reading english text/xml file using C++?

Hello Team, I have 2 files.one contains english text and another contains Japanese. so i have to read english text and replace the text with Japanesh text in third file. Basically, I need a help to write japanese language in text/xml file.I heard wstring does this.Not sure how do i write... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
2 Replies
DOM(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  DOM(3pm)

NAME
XML::Generator::DOM - XML::Generator subclass for producing DOM trees instead of strings. SYNOPSIS
use XML::Generator::DOM; my $dg = XML::Generator::DOM->new(); my $doc = $dg->xml($dg->xmlcmnt("Test document."), $dg->foo({'baz' => 'bam'}, 42)); print $doc->toString; yields: <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?> <!--Test document--> <foo baz="bam">42</foo> DESCRIPTION
XML::Generator::DOM subclasses XML::Generator in order to produce DOM trees instead of strings (see XML::Generator and XML::DOM). This module is still experimental and its semantics might change. Essentially, tag methods return XML::DOM::DocumentFragment objects, constructed either from a DOM document passed into the constructor or a default document that XML::Generator::DOM will automatically construct. Calling the xml() method will return this automatically constructed document and cause a fresh one to be constructed for future tag method calls. If you passed in your own document, you may not call the xml() method. Below, we just note the remaining differences in semantics between XML::Generator methods and XML::Generator::DOM methods. CONSTRUCTOR
These configuration options are accepted but have no effect on the semantics of the returned object: escape, pretty, conformance and empty. TAG METHODS
Subsequently, tag method semantics are somewhat different for this module compared to XML::Generator. The primary difference is that tag method return XML::DOM::DocumentFragment objects. Namespace and attribute processing remains the same, but remaining arguments to tag methods must either be text or other XML::DOM::DocumentFragment objects. No escape processing, syntax checking, or output control is done; this is all left up to XML::DOM. SPECIAL TAGS
All special tags are available by default with XML::Generator::DOM; you don't need to use 'conformance' => 'strict'. xmlpi(@args) Arguments will simply be concatenated and passed as the data to the XML::DOM::ProcessingInstruction object that is returned. xmlcmnt Escaping of '--' is done by XML::DOM::Comment, which replaces both hyphens with '&#45;'. An XML::DOM::Comment object is returned. xmldecl Returns an XML::DOM::XMLDecl object. Respects 'version', 'encoding' and 'dtd' settings in the object. xmldecl Returns an XML::DOM::DocumentType object. xmlcdata Returns an XML::DOM::CDATASection object. xml As described above, xml() can only be used when dom_document was not set in the object. The automatically created document will have its XML Declaration set and the arguments to xml() will be appended to it. Then a new DOM document is automatically generated and the old one is returned. This is the only way to get a DOM document from this module. perl v5.12.4 2004-03-23 DOM(3pm)