Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can i move folders and its content if folder is older than 1,5 days and keep subdirs in bash? Post 302990491 by ZerO13 on Friday 27th of January 2017 05:18:01 AM
Old 01-27-2017
How can i move folders and its content if folder is older than 1,5 days and keep subdirs in bash?

Hello all,
do you know any way i can i move folders and its content if folder is older than 1,5 days in bash?

I tried:
Code:
find /home/xyz/DATA/* -type d -ctime +1.5  -exec mv "{}" /home/xyz/move_data_here/ \;

All i got was that Files from DATA /home/xyz/DATA/* ended messed up in /home/xyz/move_data_here/ , i need to keep folders

example hot it should works, so like i move

Code:
/home/xyz/DATA/subdir/subsubdir/files.rar

into
Code:
/home/xyz/move_data_here/subdir/subsubdir/files.rar

THX!

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!

Last edited by RudiC; 01-27-2017 at 06:23 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete files and folders older than 3 days

find /basedirectory -type f -mtime +3 >> /tmp/tempfile find /basedirectory -type d -mtime +3 >> /tmp/tempfile mailx -s "List of removed files and folders" myemail@domain.com < /tmp/te mpfile rm /tmp/tempfile find /basedirectory -type f -mtime +3 -exec rm {} \; find /basedirectory -type d... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete folders older than 30 days

Dear all, i use incremental backup my data with .zip to my hard drive. what i need is i don't want the old .zip file older than 30 days. how to write a shell script automatically remove my external hard disc zip backup folders older than 30 days? Regards, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joneggk
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all files but not folders to a new folder

Hi, I have a sub directory with a number of files and folders. What i want is a subdirectory with just folders and not files for cleanliness sake. So I want to move the files into the new folder but keep the folders in the same place. Move all files (but not folders) to new folder. I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hopper_no1
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

move files older than 2 days to another folder

Hi I am facing problem in using this command, mv `find /export/june/PURGEDATA*.txt -mtime +2 -exec ls {} \;` june/archive/ mv: Insufficient arguments (1) Usage: mv f1 f2 mv f1 ... fn d1 mv d1 d2 Thank you in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishwakar
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List files older that 7 days in a dir, excluding all subdirs

Hi, I would like to list all files, older than 7 days, in a directory, but exclude all subdirectories in the find command. If I use find . -type f -mtime +7 all files in the subdirs are also included. How can I exclude them? Regards, JW (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwbijl
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HPUX move files older than 30 days

Hello, I have a script which finds files in a directory that are older than 30 days and moves them to the specified directory. The problem is I don't know why it works the way it does? Code: find . -name '*.sql' ! -mtime -30 -exec mv '{}' /dataload/archivelogs \; I was under the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pure_jax
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete files in a folder older than 2 days

hi i need a script to delete the files older than 2 days... if my input is say in a folder versions A_14122012.txt A_15122012.txt A_16122012.txt A_17122012.txt i want my output to be A_16122012.txt A_17122012.txt thanks in advance hemanth saikumar. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to move the files older than x days with similar directory structure?

Hello, I need to move all the files inside /XYZ (has multi-depth sub directories) that are older than 14 days to/ABC directory but with retaining the SAME directory structure. for example: /XYZ/1/2/3/A/b.txt should be moved as /ABC/1/2/3/A/b.txt I know about find /XYZ -type f -mtime +14... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compress folders older than x days

hello everyone. in /opt/abc every night there is a new folder created. in that folder there is aseries of files created for that day. i would like to run a script every Sunday night at 02:00 to compress each file separately (preserving its name) who is older than 2 days. i have found this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atux
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move multiple files 4rm Source to different target folders based on a series num in the file content

Dear Experts my scenario is as follows... I have one source folder "Source" and 2 target folders "Target_123456" & "Target_789101". I have 2 series of files. 123456 series and 789101 series. Each series has got 3 types of fiels "Debit", "Refund", "Claims". All files are getting... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani333
17 Replies
NEW(1)                                                               [nmh-1.5]                                                              NEW(1)

NAME
new - report on folders with new messages fnext - set current folder to next folder with new messages fprev - set current folder to previous folder with new messages unseen - scan new messages in all folders with new messages SYNOPSIS
new [sequences] [-mode mode] [-folders foldersfile] [-version] [-help] fnext is equivalent to new -mode fnext fprev is equivalent to new -mode fprev unseen is equivalent to new -mode unseen DESCRIPTION
New in its default mode produces a one-line-per-folder listing of all folders containing messages in the listed sequences or in the sequences listed in the profile entry "Unseen-Sequence". Each line contains the folder, the number of messages in the desired sequences, and the message lists from the .mh_sequences file. For example: foo 11.* 40-50 bar 380. 760-772 824-828 total 391. The `*' on foo indicates that it is the current folder. The last line shows the total number of messages in the desired sequences. New crawls the folder hierarchy recursively to find all folders, and prints them in lexicographic order. Override this behavior by provid- ing foldersfile containing the pre-sorted list of folders new should check, one per line. In fnext and fprev modes, new instead changes to the next or previous matching folder, respectively. In unseen mode, new executes scan sequences for each matching folder. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Unseen-Sequence: The name of the unseen message sequence SEE ALSO
scan(1), mh-format(5) HISTORY
Based on Luke Mewburn's new (http://www.mewburn.net/luke/src/new). MH.6.8 11 June 2012 NEW(1)