Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers A file or directory in the path does not exist Post 302990441 by Dark0Prince on Thursday 26th of January 2017 11:19:28 AM
Old 01-26-2017
Yes the error is FATAL ERROR: 0781-161 Argument rom1.txt is not an accessible file.
My AIX version is 5300-10-01-0921

Code:
grep PS8 /etc/qconfig

>shows
Code:
PS8:

When i type
Code:
 lpstat -w

>shows
Code:
lpstat: Not a recognized flag: w

then shows all the usage commands for lpstat

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!

---------- Post updated at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous update was at 08:02 AM ----------

wow just wow .txt or .TXT makes a difference FML

Last edited by RudiC; 01-26-2017 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check if directory/file exist using c/c++

Hi there,, how to check if directory/file exist using c/c++ under unix/linux? I can use access() under Window MFC. Thanks. Steven (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: steven88
1 Replies

2. Programming

how to check if directory/file exist using c/c++

Hi there, how to check if directory/file exist using c/c++ under linux/unix. Thanks. Steven (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steven88
2 Replies

3. AIX

AIX cp error: "A file or directory in the path does not exist"

Hello fellow UNIX fans, I'm running AIX 4.3 and getting an error message “cp: /a/file2.db: A file or directory in the path does not exist” when I run the following command: cp /b/file.db /a/file2.db It stops every time about 95% of the way through the copy process at 1,073,741,312 bits. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jackson123
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find if file exist in directory using *

Hi, I know how to use the test command ( ...) to find a single given name file. However, I have a case in which I have a directory with one file and one sub-directory. I know that the file starts with "fub". The command doesn't work if i call the file "fub*" as it doesn't understand I meant a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buj
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve directory path from full file path through sh

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt which has contents in the form of full path file names i.e. $home> vi abcd.txt /a/b/c/r1.txt /q/w/e/r2.txt /z/x/c/r3.txt Now I want to retrieve only the directory path name for each row i.e /a/b/c/ /q/w/e/ How to get the same through shell script?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check file exist in a directory or not

HI folks, can any one tell me how to check whether the file is existed in a directory or not . let me tell you my requirement : if the file is existed i should display a one message or else i have to send a mail .. i have the mail logic .. but I'm failed to check file existence .. please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravan008
5 Replies

7. Linux

Create a dummy file even if the path is not exist

hi, i want to create a dummy file even if the path to that file is not exist as follows. suppose, in my working directory 2 files are there. and i create one more file which is exist as follows # pwd /home/satya # ls file1.txt file2.txt # echo dummy > /home/satya/file3.txt # ls... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snreddy_gopu
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find + move if destination path does not exist

hi frnds, please help ... what will happen with below command if destination path does not exist on the system.... find /var/adm/cft* -mtime +1 -exec mv {} /global/ \ in unix its remove all my files from the system from soruce file ... how is it possbile (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find if a directory exist from a list of the path

Hello, i want to script on sh to check from a path if the directory exist and isn't empty. I explain: path is : /aaa/bbb/ccc/ccc_name/ddd/ Where the cccc_name is in a list, so i think it's $1 My command find -name /aaa/bbb/ccc/$1/ddd/ didn't work because my $1 is the same and not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steiner
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Relative path to Absolute path, without changing directory to the file location.

Hello, I am creating a file with all the source folders included in my git branch, when i grep for the used source, i found source included as relative path instead of absolute path, how can convert relative path to absolute path without changing directory to that folder and using readlink -f ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
4 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)