Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers A file or directory in the path does not exist Post 302990437 by Dark0Prince on Thursday 26th of January 2017 09:43:40 AM
Old 01-26-2017
A file or directory in the path does not exist

I'm brand new to AIX and I looked up how to print this file and it was working but now I'm not able to do it all of a sudden. the file name is rom1.txt so this is what i wrote in the command line and I know I'm in the right directory. In bold is what I seem to be messing up with.

Code:
prod @ root /pcdial/abq> (I'm in this directory)
prod @ root /pcdial/abq>/usr/bin/lp -d PS8 rom1.txt

Last edited by rbatte1; 01-26-2017 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: Converted to use CODE tags instead of FONT & Bold tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check if directory/file exist using c/c++

Hi there,, how to check if directory/file exist using c/c++ under unix/linux? I can use access() under Window MFC. Thanks. Steven (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: steven88
1 Replies

2. Programming

how to check if directory/file exist using c/c++

Hi there, how to check if directory/file exist using c/c++ under linux/unix. Thanks. Steven (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steven88
2 Replies

3. AIX

AIX cp error: "A file or directory in the path does not exist"

Hello fellow UNIX fans, I'm running AIX 4.3 and getting an error message “cp: /a/file2.db: A file or directory in the path does not exist” when I run the following command: cp /b/file.db /a/file2.db It stops every time about 95% of the way through the copy process at 1,073,741,312 bits. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jackson123
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to find if file exist in directory using *

Hi, I know how to use the test command ( ...) to find a single given name file. However, I have a case in which I have a directory with one file and one sub-directory. I know that the file starts with "fub". The command doesn't work if i call the file "fub*" as it doesn't understand I meant a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buj
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve directory path from full file path through sh

Hi, I have a file abcd.txt which has contents in the form of full path file names i.e. $home> vi abcd.txt /a/b/c/r1.txt /q/w/e/r2.txt /z/x/c/r3.txt Now I want to retrieve only the directory path name for each row i.e /a/b/c/ /q/w/e/ How to get the same through shell script?... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: royzlife
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check file exist in a directory or not

HI folks, can any one tell me how to check whether the file is existed in a directory or not . let me tell you my requirement : if the file is existed i should display a one message or else i have to send a mail .. i have the mail logic .. but I'm failed to check file existence .. please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravan008
5 Replies

7. Linux

Create a dummy file even if the path is not exist

hi, i want to create a dummy file even if the path to that file is not exist as follows. suppose, in my working directory 2 files are there. and i create one more file which is exist as follows # pwd /home/satya # ls file1.txt file2.txt # echo dummy > /home/satya/file3.txt # ls... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snreddy_gopu
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find + move if destination path does not exist

hi frnds, please help ... what will happen with below command if destination path does not exist on the system.... find /var/adm/cft* -mtime +1 -exec mv {} /global/ \ in unix its remove all my files from the system from soruce file ... how is it possbile (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dodasajan
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find if a directory exist from a list of the path

Hello, i want to script on sh to check from a path if the directory exist and isn't empty. I explain: path is : /aaa/bbb/ccc/ccc_name/ddd/ Where the cccc_name is in a list, so i think it's $1 My command find -name /aaa/bbb/ccc/$1/ddd/ didn't work because my $1 is the same and not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steiner
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Relative path to Absolute path, without changing directory to the file location.

Hello, I am creating a file with all the source folders included in my git branch, when i grep for the used source, i found source included as relative path instead of absolute path, how can convert relative path to absolute path without changing directory to that folder and using readlink -f ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
4 Replies
PAWD(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAWD(1)

NAME
pawd - print automounter working directory SYNOPSIS
pawd [ path ... ] DESCRIPTION
pawd is used to print the current working directory, adjusted to reflect proper paths that can be reused to go through the automounter for the shortest possible path. In particular, the path printed back does not include any of Amd's local mount points. Using them is unsafe, because Amd may unmount managed file systems from the mount points, and thus including them in paths may not always find the files within. Without any arguments, pawd will print the automounter adjusted current working directory. With any number of arguments, it will print the adjusted path of each one of the arguments. SEE ALSO
pwd(1). amd(8), amq(8), ``am-utils'' info(1) entry. Linux NFS and Automounter Administration by Erez Zadok, ISBN 0-7821-2739-8, (Sybex, 2001). http://www.am-utils.org Amd - The 4.4 BSD Automounter AUTHORS
Erez Zadok <ezk@cs.sunysb.edu>, Computer Science Department, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, New York, USA. Other authors and contributors to am-utils are listed in the AUTHORS file distributed with am-utils. 6 Jan 1998 PAWD(1)