Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CPU and Cores information
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat CPU and Cores information Post 302990428 by piccolinomax on Thursday 26th of January 2017 08:56:12 AM
Old 01-26-2017
Code:
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 15
model           : 4
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
stepping        : 9
cpu MHz         : 3000.246
cache size      : 1024 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 5
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm nx lm
bogomips        : 5989.99

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags for output data as required by forum rules!

Last edited by RudiC; 01-26-2017 at 10:21 AM.. Reason: Added CODE tags.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CPU Usage Information

how would I list the high end of CPU utilization for the previous hours of the day. I don't need to know the averages. I'm wanting to know the high and low, etc. for what ever time interval that is avaliable? Thank you. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubs0729
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is there a way to make bash [or another shell] use all CPU cores to execute a single script?

I wrote a very simple script that matches combinations of alphabetic characters (1-5). I want to use it to test CPU speeds of different hardware/platforms. The problem is that on multi-core/processor systems, only one CPU is being utilized to execute the script. Is there a way to change that?... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: ph0enix
16 Replies

3. Red Hat

Lost CPU CORES

Hey all, dmidecode | grep -i CPU Socket Designation: CPU 0 Version: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5530 @ 2.40GHz Socket Designation: CPU 1 Version: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5530 @ 2.40GHz cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep -i cpu cpu family : 6... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmokros
24 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to run two unix/linux programs on two different cpu cores

Hi folks, I want to know how to run two unix programs on two different cpu cores on a 2-core or 4-core or 8-core CPU machine? Extending this how would i run four and eight unix programs on 4-core and 8-core machine respectively? If this can be done, how to know which program is assigned to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
1 Replies

5. Solaris

CPU/processor/cores in M4000

Hi Gurus Can someone help me in explaining the below outputs . psrinfo -p 4 /usr/sbin/psrinfo -pv The physical processor has 4 virtual processors (0-3) SPARC64-VI (portid 1024 impl 0x6 ver 0x93 clock 2150 MHz) The physical processor has 4 virtual processors (8-11) SPARC64-VI... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ningy
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Numbers-of-cpu-cores-in-Solaris-10

Hello All, How do I find the number of CPU's, virtual processors in solaris 10? Thank you Sunil Kumar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: msgforsunil
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Questions regarding CPU cores vs rctl limit

Hi, I am trying to gather cpu core details and used this script - Solaris & Scripting: Script - Find cpu - model / type / count / core / thread / speed - Solaris Sparc For auuditing purpose, we want to know how many cores are being used by Oracle, because oracle license will be charged on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cpu information

hi unix expert is there any program in terminal to show cpu and ram information? and usage of this? Many thanks samad (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdossamad2003
3 Replies
dappprof(1m)							   USER COMMANDS						      dappprof(1m)

NAME
dappprof - profile user and lib function usage. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
dappprof [-acehoTU] [-u lib] { -p PID | command } DESCRIPTION
dappprof prints details on user and library call times for processes as a summary style aggragation. By default the user fuctions are traced, options can be used to trace library activity. Output can include function counts, elapsed times and on cpu times. The elapsed times are interesting, to help identify functions that take some time to complete (during which the process may have slept). CPU time helps us identify syscalls that are consuming CPU cycles to run. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. OPTIONS
-a print all data -c print function counts -e print elapsed times, ns -o print CPU times, ns -T print totals -p PID examine this PID -u lib trace this library instead -U trace all library and user functions EXAMPLES
run and examine the "df -h" command, # dappprof df -h print elapsed times, on-cpu times and counts for "df -h", # dappprof -ceo df -h print elapsed times for PID 1871, # dappprof -p 1871 print all data for PID 1871, # dappprof -ap 1871 FIELDS
CALL Function call name ELAPSED Total elapsed time, nanoseconds CPU Total on-cpu time, nanoseconds COUNT Number of occurrences DOCUMENTATION
See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
dappprof will sample until Ctrl-C is hit. AUTHOR
Brendan Gregg [Sydney, Australia] SEE ALSO
dapptrace(1M), dtrace(1M), apptrace(1) version 1.10 May 14, 2005 dappprof(1m)