Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications How to Monitor Tomcat App Server? Post 302990367 by Corona688 on Wednesday 25th of January 2017 11:19:40 AM
Old 01-25-2017
How to test whether a running daemon is capable of responding to queries, without actually making a query? That's a catch-22.

"Hung" isn't a state like sleep or running. It's the ability of the software itself to respond.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TomCat access in an Remote Linux Server

Hi all, I Installed Tomcat in an remote linux server (/usr/tomcat)and start service, using ./startup.sh (and tried with ./catalina.sh too). //----------------------------------------------------------------// # ./startup.sh Using CATALINA_BASE: /usr/tomcat/apache-tomcat-6.0.16/ Using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gothama
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to restart the tomcat server

hi, I need a command that restart the tomcat server. for example for restart the tomcat i am using following command, /etc/init.d/tomcat restart ..but sometimes is not working...might be i want to use java code access this peace of script. like using the grep and ps commands can i use?... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankar reddy
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

can I use tomcat server for my chatting application?

Hello, I have a socket programming code to do chatting(both server and client). But this is limited to a single machines with multi users. But my target is to perform chat operation on multiple IP addresses in a given LAN in college. Can you please tell me if I can use TOMCAT as my server to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
3 Replies

4. Solaris

what is the difference between http & Tomcat web server

I do not know the difference between the apache-http and the apche-Tomcat.Is they are differentiated on their version or on their features.:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayaprakash
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Trouble getting consistent PID of tomcat server from ps

Hello all, I am working on a script to automate the process of restarting some tomcat servers. The versions of tomcat are pretty old and it often happens that they don't shut down gracefully and the PID needs to be manually killed. I am having a bear of a time getting a consistent PID from ps... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dkaplowitz
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference weblogic server/webserver/app server

Hi All, I am getting confused with the terms below. All I know is an application can be installed on a server. But I see the following terms used in a company. All of them are installed on same Unix box. Could you please help me out in layman terms as to what these exactly means. (PS: I don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
1 Replies

7. Programming

Need a little help in running jsp pages(Tomcat server).

Hi, I have installed following software on my linux machine. Is there anything else required to run jsp pages on linux machine? Please Help Here are some details that might be helpful. # lsb_release -a LSB Version: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Configure app server to view server files

Hi, We have a OEL6.1 installed on our server. We want developers to view there application logs generated on the server, but doesn't really want to give them access to server machine. Can someone please suggest how can we configure apache/httpd to create a url which will show all files in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shrshah64
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Script monitor website wth default tomcat script

Hi all, on our application server we have the following script that monitor the status of the website, my problem here is that i have edite the retries from 3 to 5, and the timewait to 120 second, so the script should check 5 times every 2 minutes, and if the fifth check fails it must restart... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Building an apache-tomcat server

Hi, I have been assigned a task to build a server with these requirements : > has multiple tomcats running under the same apache. > tomcat & jdk has to be binded with apache. > latest openssl with all necesarry "mod" to bind with apache & tomcat. I am fairly new to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies
XACOBEO(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       XACOBEO(1p)

NAME
xacobeo - Graphical interface for running XPath queries. SYNOPSIS
xacobeo [OPTION]... [file [xpath]] Options: -h, --help brief help message -v, --version display the version of Xacobeo, XML::LibXML and libxml2 that are used and exit --html parse the input file as an HTML document Where file is a XML document and xpath a XPath query. OPTIONS
--help Print a brief help message and exits. --html Parse the file in the command line using the HTML parser. DESCRIPTION
This program provides a simple graphical user interface (GUI) for executing XPath queries and seeing their results. The GUI tries to provide all the elements that are needed in order to write, test and execute XPath queries without too many troubles. It displays the Document Object Model (DOM) and the namespaces used. The program registers the namespaces automatically and each element is displayed with its associated namespaces. All is performed with the idea of being able of running an XPath query as soon as possible without having to fight with the document's namespaces and by seeing automatically under which namespace each element is. This program is not an XML editor, at least not at this point, it's meant to be used for constructing and executing XPath queries. RATIONALE
The main idea behind this application is to provide a simple way for building XPath queries that will be latter integrated in to a program or XSLT transformation paths. Therefore, this program goal is to load an XML document and to display it as an XML parser sees it. Thus each node element is prefixed with its namespace. IMPLEMENTATION
This program uses XML::LibXML (libxml2) for all XML manipulations and Gtk2 for the graphical interface. LIMITATIONS
For the moment, the program focuses only on XPath and doesn't allow the XML document to be edited. AUTHOR
Emmanuel Rodriguez <potyl@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2008,2009 by Emmanuel Rodriguez. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.8 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-16 XACOBEO(1p)