Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help on simple shell script
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help on simple shell script Post 302990322 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 24th of January 2017 07:01:05 PM
Old 01-24-2017
The command for directory usage - du -
Code:
 du -s --block-size G  /fullpath/to/Backup_NVR

Gives the size in GB.
Code:
# get size of directory
sz=$(du -s --block-size G  /fullpath/to/Backup_NVR | awk '{print int($0)}')
if [ $sz -ge 3 ] ; then  # too big delete older files
   find /path/to/Backup_NVR -type f -mmin +60 -exec rm {} \;
fi

This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I need of a simple shell script

Hi, I need of a simple shell script to launch a perl script. The complet path of the script is: /export/home/x2693/project/v02/appliancemanagement.pl (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in a simple shell script

Hi All I have requirement to write a shell script which would look for the userid which is logged in , and once the User id is found i would delete certain lines from a parameter file .. here is what iam using a=ps -o user | grep -v user | uniq then using an if condition and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav1982
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple shell - how to get a parameter typed in a shell script

Hi, I am new to unix and using linux 7.2. I would like to create a script that would make it easyer for me to run my java programms. At the moment I have to type java myJavaprogram I am trying to write a script that will allow me to type something like this "myscript myJavaprogram" or maybe... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmitulescu
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Shell Script

Hello Friends, I am writing a shell script which will grab a file if it exists and copies it to another folder and will append with current date. I have written but gives me error, plz help: -------------------------------------------- #!/usr/bin/sh source=/home/dev4rice/naveen/test1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganesh123
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me with simple shell script.

Hello forum members, I have to redirect a output of command into a text file inside a script file but iam getting an errors.so please see below script and suggest me for corrections. #!/bin/ksh read IP_ADD echo nslookup $IP_ADD 2>&1| tee log1.txt cat /amex/gcst/siva/Testr/log1.txt... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with very simple Shell Script

Write a shell that receives as parameters two folder names. Copies the second folder as subfolder into the first one. Only folders and files with the '.txt' extension will be copied. Detect and avoid recursive copy. This is what I have to do and I don't know where to start. In fact, I started... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharpsh07er
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with simple Shell Script

Hi , I am in need of simple shell script that has one input file containing some words Input file 1 : ****ALEX***JOHN*******VIRGIL***** CHRITINE*****FAISAL*****DON***** ****ALEX***JOHN*******VIRGIL***** CHRITINE*****FAISAL*****DON***** ****ALEX***JOHN*******VIRGIL*****... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanjuna
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Shell Script? Someone help?

Write a shell script which adds up 10 numbers entered by the user and displays the result to the screen. You must use the read command to obtain the numbers from the user. Im a nooby noob (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxNubBrah
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Shell Script! Almost Done!

Hello, I am creating a shell script and I am almost done. I have certain things I want done in the shell but don't know how to finish it properly. Here is what I am aiming to do. I am aiming to have a shell that takes at least 3 parameters. The first two are the two words to replace (the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShellsNewb
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on simple shell script

Hello, I need to create one very simple shell script that checks if the first character of the file ./pump.txt is 0 and in that case gives a message. If the first character is instead 1, it does give a different message. I have written: irr= head -c 1 ./pump.txt if ]; then echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcaccount
4 Replies
mlocate.db(5)							File Formats Manual						     mlocate.db(5)

NAME
mlocate.db - a mlocate database DESCRIPTION
A mlocate database starts with a file header: 8 bytes for a magic number ("mlocate" like a C literal), 4 bytes for the configuration block size in big endian, 1 byte for file format version (0), 1 byte for the "require visibility" flag (0 or 1), 2 bytes padding, and a NUL-terminated path name of the root of the database. The header is followed by a configuration block, included to ensure databases are not reused if some configuration changes could affect their contents. The size of the configuration block in bytes is stored in the file header. The configuration block is a sequence of vari- able assignments, ordered by variable name. Each variable assignment consists of a NUL-terminated variable name and an ordered list of NUL-terminated values. The value list is terminated by one more NUL character. The ordering used is defined by the strcmp () function. Currently defined variables are: prune_bind_mounts A single entry, the value of PRUNE_BIND_MOUNTS; one of the strings 0 or 1. prunefs The value of PRUNEFS, each entry is converted to uppercase. prunepaths The value of PRUNEPATHS. The rest of the file until EOF describes directories and their contents. Each directory starts with a header: 8 bytes for directory time (seconds) in big endian, 4 bytes for directory time (nanoseconds) in big endian (0 if unknown, less than 1,000,000,000), 4 bytes padding, and a NUL-terminated path name of the the directory. Directory contents, a sequence of file entries sorted by name, follow. Directory time is the maximum of st_ctime and st_mtime of the directory. updatedb(8) uses the original data if the directory time in the database and in the file system match exactly. Directory time equal to 0 always causes rescanning of the directory: this is necessary to handle directories which were being updated while building the database. Each file entry starts with a single byte, marking its type: 0 A non-directory file. Followed by a NUL-terminated file (not path) name. 1 A subdirectory. Followed by a NUL-terminated file (not path) name. 2 Marks the end of the current directory. locate(1) only reports file entries, directory names are not reported because they are reported as an entry in their parent directory. The only exception is the root directory of the database, which is stored in the file header. AUTHOR
Miloslav Trmac <mitr@redhat.com> SEE ALSO
locate(1), updatedb.conf(5), updatedb(8) mlocate Jan 2007 mlocate.db(5)