Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: GPG encryption error ...
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users GPG encryption error ... Post 302990278 by Corona688 on Tuesday 24th of January 2017 10:37:10 AM
Old 01-24-2017
How exactly are you running this? Locally or remotely? Over ssh? Through a tunnel?

From this bug:

Quote:
Unfortunately this is a design limitation of the GnuPG2 that it always requires access rights to open the tty for the pinentry.
A work-around may be running it inside a screen session.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File encryption/Key encryption ????

My dilemma, I need to send, deemed confidential, information via e-mail (SMTP). This information is sitting as a file on AIX. Typically I can send this data as a e-mail attachment via what we term a "mail filter" using telnet. I now would like to somehow encrypt the data and send it to a e-mail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hugow
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Public keys for GPG Encryption

HI, I'm trying to encrypt a file and i'll FTP it to a external server.When i encrypt it using the command gpg -e -r 'recipient name' <filename> its asking me for public keys.Is there a way to encrypt without having to give the public keys? or if i need to give public keys i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: James777
1 Replies

3. Linux

GPG error on Debian 4 using apt-get

Hello, I wish to update a debian 4.0 server we have but cannot get past the following error message. my keys are as follows: Any help would be good. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pobman
0 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Can't update or use package manager -- gpg error

W: GPG error: http://archive.canonical.com karmic Release: Unknown error executing gpgv W: GPG error: http://us.archive.ubuntu.com karmic Release: Unknown error executing gpgv W: GPG error: http://us.archive.ubuntu.com karmic-updates Release: Unknown error executing gpgv W: GPG error:... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
17 Replies

5. Linux

Error: Encryption support not enabled

Hi when I run the following GET commad: ./snmpget -m ALL -M /data/net/naamab/snmp/snmp_mib/ -v 3 -a MD5 -l authPriv -u test1 -A welcome1 -x DES -X privpass 127.0.0.1 NOVELSAT-MODULATOR-MIB::nsModLineCMMode.0 -d I get the error: Encryption support not enabled. snmpget: USM encryption... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naamabm
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on File Encryption using gpg

Folks, Is there anyone to help on GPG file encryptions here. I got a public key from third party. I imported the key in server. I want to encrypt the public key. But without being signed , the key cannot be encrypted. When I try to sign the key using lsign command, I am getting the below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dinesh1985
1 Replies

7. Solaris

GPG encryption utility in Solaris 10

Hi All, I am working on Solaris 10 OS on X4170M2 server. I have some .gpg encrypted files and i want to decrypt them but i dont know how to install the binary of gpg. Here is the binary in system : root@ecmstest # ls -larth total 1273904 -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3.5M Oct 14 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Deepa Jain
1 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

File encryption tools with MAC address as an encryption key

Hi all, I'm looking for secure file encryption tools that use MAC address as encryption key. FYI, I'm using Red Hat Enterprise Linux OS. For example: when A wants to send file to B A will encrypt the file with B's computer MAC/IP address as an encryption key This file can only be decrypted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sergionicosta
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Gpg (GnuPG) encryption and decryption

Hi Friends, There are some 7 years script in out linux server. I am trying to understand them since Linux Server changed(A). Below line in one of the encrypting script. Here scenario is encrypting bank files in our (A) server and doing Secure Copy to Server (B). GPG -v --batch --yes --armor... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnsnow
1 Replies
GPG-ZIP(1)							 GNU Privacy Guard							GPG-ZIP(1)

NAME
gpg-zip - Encrypt or sign files into an archive SYNOPSIS
gpg-zip [options] filename1 [ filename2, ... ] directory1 [ directory2, ... ] DESCRIPTION
gpg-zip encrypts or signs files into an archive. It is an gpg-ized tar using the same format as used by PGP's PGP Zip. OPTIONS
gpg-zip understands these options: --encrypt -e Encrypt data. This option may be combined with --symmetric (for output that may be decrypted via a secret key or a passphrase). --decrypt -d Decrypt data. --symmetric -c Encrypt with a symmetric cipher using a passphrase. The default symmetric cipher used is CAST5, but may be chosen with the --cipher-algo option to gpg. --sign -s Make a signature. See gpg. --recipient user -r user Encrypt for user id user. See gpg. --local-user user -u user Use user as the key to sign with. See gpg. --list-archive List the contents of the specified archive. --output file -o file Write output to specified file file. --gpg gpgcmd Use the specified command gpgcmd instead of gpg. --gpg-args args Pass the specified options to gpg. --tar tarcmd Use the specified command tarcmd instead of tar. --tar-args args Pass the specified options to tar. --version Print version of the program and exit. --help Display a brief help page and exit. EXAMPLES
Encrypt the contents of directory 'mydocs' for user Bob to file 'test1': gpg-zip --encrypt --output test1 --gpg-args -r Bob mydocs List the contents of archive 'test1': gpg-zip --list-archive test1 DIAGNOSTICS
The program returns 0 if everything was fine, 1 otherwise. SEE ALSO
gpg(1), tar(1), The full documentation for this tool is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If GnuPG and the info program are properly installed at your site, the command info gnupg should give you access to the complete manual including a menu structure and an index. GnuPG 2.0.15 2010-07-05 GPG-ZIP(1)