Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Text color in Linux scripts via putty Post 302990273 by RudiC on Tuesday 24th of January 2017 09:52:47 AM
Old 01-24-2017
That looks more like a "feature" of your editor marking / highlighting different key words / types with different colours. Should be switchable. Check your editor's man page.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Color putty

Right now I am using putty. I am using 2-3 terminals at a time. To differentiate each termianl I want to put each putty screen and background color to different colors. I tried changing the colors in normal putty but it's not working. Is there any other color putty ? Regards, Venkat (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

text color

Hi all I have a file contains columns showing figures as below : Input file A B C D 50 60 90 E 100 20 53 F 30 40 70 G 25 27 45 I want to color the value above or equal 90 by red and to be shown as below output file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bluetoot
5 Replies

3. AIX

Enabling color for putty session

Hi Everyone: Is there any way to enable colors through putty for a session into AIX? I've tried to set the TERM variable to xterm-256color but it doesn't work having a 8-color terminal would be okay for me thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
5 Replies

4. Red Hat

New Background and Text Color

Hi. How do I change the background color and text in Fedora. I did find the set_color -b command. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ccccc
1 Replies

5. Programming

changing text color in c

I'm writing my own Unix ls command in c and I was wondering if anyone knows how to or can point me to a tutorial that shows me how to change the text color of the filename depending on if it's a directory, regular file, linked file, etc..., like the real ls command does? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: snag49ers
4 Replies

6. AIX

How to color text and mail

I want to color the text and bold the text and mail these text. input: hi..(in bold) good morning (in blue color) and mail these as in color and bold :wall: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AhmedLakadkutta
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

regarding Color scheme in linux console connected through putty.

Hi All, I am connecting to SunOs 5.8 server from windows machine through putty. My problem is commands are not showing any colours results. I want to see 'ls' command should list directories in 'red' and files in 'green' etc. How to do it . Please help. Also How to enable syntax colouring in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sooraj_Linux
6 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Using color in scripts

This is supposed to colorize. But it outputs this 3 GREEN='3; then echo -e "${GREEN}File exists.${RESET}" else echo -e "${RED}File does NOT exist.${RESET}" fi (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
18 Replies
gconf-editor(1) 						   User Commands						   gconf-editor(1)

NAME
gconf-editor - view and edit personal desktop configuration preferences SYNOPSIS
gconf-editor DESCRIPTION
The GConf Editor application enables you to view and edit all of your current personal desktop preferences. The GConf Editor window pro- vides a tree view to navigate through the hierarchy of preferences, an edit pane to make changes to individual preferences, and a descrip- tion pane to highlight the documentation associated with the currently selected preference. OPTIONS
None. OPERANDS
None. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching GConf Editor example% gconf-editor EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gconf-editor Executable for GConf Editor. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability | | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability | | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
Latest version of the GNOME Desktop System Administration Guide for your platform. NOTES
Written by Stephen Browne, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 1 Oct 2003 gconf-editor(1)