Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Browser on AIX 7.1
Operating Systems AIX Browser on AIX 7.1 Post 302990244 by agent.kgb on Tuesday 24th of January 2017 03:41:27 AM
Old 01-24-2017
it seems that you install Firefox from AIX Expansion DVD, but all other filesets are from Perzl's open source for AIX site.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

The OPERA browser

I have just seen someone using the OPERA browser - it looks quite good and seems to have a friendly GUI. Can I get this for UNIX(Solaris 8 is my OS)??? Does anyone have this installed on their UNIX workstation?? How is it performing?? All comments and advice is welcome!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kanu77
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Browser

I recently install solaris8. on my computer, unfortunately I'm running AOL 7. Is't possible to run this on solaris?. If yes, your help is welcome. :( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MEdwards42
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want a better browser...

:D Howdy The IT admin where I work is limited in knowing what's available, so we're stuck with Netscape Navigator v4.72, as our only GUI browser. :confused: Is there a user friendly unix browser, that the average non-unix savey engineer can use? OS is AIX 4.3 (on the BASH shell). Hardware... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tatum
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

$BROWSER variable

In Linux, is there any variable which carries the value of the default browser. Say, in linux we have the $SHELL variable which points to the current SHELL in use. Similarly, is there anything for default BROWSER settings ? Vino (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what's this system and browser?

what's this system and browser? thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: puerjiang
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

HP-UX, dtlogin, X browser

All: Have an HP-UX server running init level 3, dtlogin shows up in ps -ef, but when you try to connect to this server via X browser (on Win XP), the browser comes up with just a gray screen w/mouse pointer. All the other HP-UX boxes on the same subnet come up with a pretty dtlogin screen. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: b1f30
4 Replies

7. Solaris

X browser

xbrowser getting closed automatically and ask for user id and password in solaris? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
5 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Browser Help

I'm looking for a browser than can handle heavy java usage. Firefox doesn't seem to be able to handle heavy usage anymore :( . Chromium does a decent job, but its just so different from Firefox I just can't get used to it. I have been trying to get used to chromium for over 2 weeks but can't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

9. Programming

Close browser

I just would like to have a javascript function ( for user logout ) which can close the browser that the user run this function , for example , if the user is using IE to click this function , then close ALL IE browser , is it possible ? if it can not be make , could the function close ALL opened... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
2 Replies
mkfset(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 mkfset(8)

NAME
mkfset - Create a fileset in an existing AdvFS file domain SYNOPSIS
/sbin/mkfset domain fileset OPERANDS
Specifies the name of an existing AdvFS file domain. Specifies the name of the fileset to be created in the specified file domain. DESCRIPTION
The mkfset command creates an AdvFS fileset within an existing file domain. You must create at least one fileset per file domain; however, you can create multiple filesets within a file domain. You can mount and unmount each fileset independently of the other filesets in the file domain. You can assign fileset quotas (block and file usage limits) to filesets. Use the following commands to manipulate filesets: Displays the filesets associated with a domain. Removes a fileset (and all of its files) from the file domain. Assigns a new name to an existing fileset. Changes fileset attributes; specifically fileset quotas. For more information, see the reference pages for each command. RESTRICTIONS
You must be the root user to use this utility. Each fileset within a domain must have a unique name of up to 31 characters. All whitespace characters (tab, new line, space and so on) and the / # : * ? characters are invalid for fileset names. EXAMPLE
The following example creates two filesets, credit_fs and debit_fs, within an existing domain called accounts_dmn. # mkfset accounts_dmn credit_fs # mkfset accounts_dmn debit_fs To mount the newly created credit_fs fileset on the /mnt/credit directory, enter: # mount -t advfs accounts_dmn#credit_fs /mnt/credit You can add filesets to the /etc/fstab file in the same manner that you add any file system. Once added, filesets are mounted each time you reboot the system and fileset quotas are enabled. For example, to automatically mount the credit_fs fileset, add the following line to your fstab file: accounts_dmn#credit_fs /mnt/credit advfs rq, userquota, groupquota SEE ALSO
Commands: chfsets(8), mkfdmn(8), renamefset(8), rmfset(8), showfdmn(8), showfsets(8) File Formats: advfs(4) mkfset(8)