Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Browser on AIX 7.1
Operating Systems AIX Browser on AIX 7.1 Post 302990244 by agent.kgb on Tuesday 24th of January 2017 03:41:27 AM
Old 01-24-2017
it seems that you install Firefox from AIX Expansion DVD, but all other filesets are from Perzl's open source for AIX site.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

The OPERA browser

I have just seen someone using the OPERA browser - it looks quite good and seems to have a friendly GUI. Can I get this for UNIX(Solaris 8 is my OS)??? Does anyone have this installed on their UNIX workstation?? How is it performing?? All comments and advice is welcome!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kanu77
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Browser

I recently install solaris8. on my computer, unfortunately I'm running AOL 7. Is't possible to run this on solaris?. If yes, your help is welcome. :( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MEdwards42
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want a better browser...

:D Howdy The IT admin where I work is limited in knowing what's available, so we're stuck with Netscape Navigator v4.72, as our only GUI browser. :confused: Is there a user friendly unix browser, that the average non-unix savey engineer can use? OS is AIX 4.3 (on the BASH shell). Hardware... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tatum
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

$BROWSER variable

In Linux, is there any variable which carries the value of the default browser. Say, in linux we have the $SHELL variable which points to the current SHELL in use. Similarly, is there anything for default BROWSER settings ? Vino (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what's this system and browser?

what's this system and browser? thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: puerjiang
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

HP-UX, dtlogin, X browser

All: Have an HP-UX server running init level 3, dtlogin shows up in ps -ef, but when you try to connect to this server via X browser (on Win XP), the browser comes up with just a gray screen w/mouse pointer. All the other HP-UX boxes on the same subnet come up with a pretty dtlogin screen. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: b1f30
4 Replies

7. Solaris

X browser

xbrowser getting closed automatically and ask for user id and password in solaris? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
5 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Browser Help

I'm looking for a browser than can handle heavy java usage. Firefox doesn't seem to be able to handle heavy usage anymore :( . Chromium does a decent job, but its just so different from Firefox I just can't get used to it. I have been trying to get used to chromium for over 2 weeks but can't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

9. Programming

Close browser

I just would like to have a javascript function ( for user logout ) which can close the browser that the user run this function , for example , if the user is using IE to click this function , then close ALL IE browser , is it possible ? if it can not be make , could the function close ALL opened... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
2 Replies
advfs_get_fset_list(3)					     Library Functions Manual					    advfs_get_fset_list(3)

NAME
advfs_get_fset_list - Obtain a list of all the filesets in an AdvFS file domain SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/advfs_syscalls.h> int advfs_get_fset_list( char domain, unsigned long arraySize, unsigned long *offset, unsigned long *numFilesets, filesetInfoT filesetInfo[] ); LIBRARY
AdvFS Library (libadvfs) PARAMETERS
The name of the AdvFS file domain to be searched for filesets. Contains the number of filesetInfoT cells that have been malloced for the filesetInfo array. A pointer for the next iteration of the function: the starting location for the next set of filesets. The total num- ber of filesets in the specified file domain. The array of fileset information structures that is filled in on successful return from this function. DESCRIPTION
Use this function to obtain information about the filesets in an AdvFS file domain. Information about both mounted and unmounted filesets is returned. The function returns the information in the "filesetInfo[]" array. For an example of programming the advfs_get_fset_list function, see [reference to be provided]. NOTES
Compaq recommends that the application malloc an array large enough to gather all fileset information in a single call to the function. The function can skip filesets or return them multiple times if the function is using the offset parameter while another user creates or removes filesets in between the calls that this user makes to the function. This function can take a very long time to complete when it is called to execute on a file domain with a large number of unmounted file- sets. RETURN VALUES
The function returns a value of 0 (zero) on successful completion. The function returns a value of -1 on failure and sets the value of errno to the specific error. ERRORS
The calling program is not running with root privileges. An I/O error occurred on one of the disks in the file domain. The file domain specified by the domain parameter does not exist. There is not enough memory available for the operation SEE ALSO
Commands: clonefset(8), mkfset(8), renamefset(8), rmfset(8) Functions: advfs_clonefset(3), advfs_rmfset(3) advfs_get_fset_list(3)