Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How do you keep your AIX skills up to date? Post 302990241 by agent.kgb on Tuesday 24th of January 2017 03:40:11 AM
Old 01-24-2017
It's not a problem with HMC - you can buy a server for $100 and install HMC on it, or you make a virtual machine and install HMC into it. It is not officially supported, but for a test environment - who cares about support? But if you want to test some new features like SR-IOV or VNIC with LPM, you need POWER8 server with FC SAN. The only site where you can do it is your customer's site. Or as bakunin said, you invest ca. $50K.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Debian

Don't want destroy windows! Ask skills

I am going to install Linux/Debian on my computer. My current OS is windows 98. My question is that if I install Linux, it is required to partition the hard drive. Windows may be destroyed. I still want to keep it. I have no windows installtion CD. I don't want to buy it. Can I avoid... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Improving Unix Skills

Kindly any advice to improve my unix skills as electronic books i can download or valuable sites as this one etc... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sak900354
3 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Suggestions on furthering my skills?

I am fairly 'green' when it comes to UNIX and programming in general. I am going into the start of my second year of my BS in Software Systems Engineering. My first year was pretty slow and simple with basic math, english composition and a few java, databse, and entry level 'psuedo code'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoxly
3 Replies

4. AIX

Get Next month in AIX from curent date in unix AIX

How could we derive teh Next month in MON-RR format from current date ie sysdate in UNI AIX sheel script.I coould get a command but i supports only inLinux susse andnotin AIX. I need for Unix AIX.Pls Help. Regards Shiv (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SHIV75
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

I would like to have some exercises to develop my skills

Hi , I would like to do some exercises/scripts in order to develop my skills in shell scripts, can someone pass me some links/suggestions where i can find this? Thanks a lot :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prpkrk
3 Replies
xpacode(7)							SAORD Documentation							xpacode(7)

NAME
XPACode - Where to Find Example/Test Code SYNOPSIS
The XPA source code directory contains two test programs, stest.c, and ctest.c that can serve as examples for writing XPA servers and clients, respectively. They also can be used to test various features of XPA. DESCRIPTION
To build the XPA test programs, execute: make All in the XPA source directory to generate the stest and ctest programs. (NB: this should work on all platforms, although we have had prob- lems with unresolved externals on one Sun/Solaris machine, for reasons still unknown.) The stest program can be executed with no arguments to start an XPA server that contains the access points: xpa, xpa1, c_xpa (containing sub-commands cmd1 and cmd2), and i_xpa. You then can use xpaset and xpaget to interact with these access points: cat xpa.c | xpaset xpa # send to xpa cat xpa.c | xpaset "xpa*" # send to xpa and xpa1 xpaget xpa # receive from xpa xpaget xpa* # receive from xpa and xpa1 etc. You also can use ctest to do the same thing, or to iterate: ctest -s -l 100 xpa # send to xpa 100 times ctest -s -l 100 "xpa*" # send to xpa and xpa1 100 times ctest -g -l 100 xpa # receive from xpa 100 times ctest -g -l 100 "xpa*" # receive from xpa and xpa1 100 times More options are available: see the stest.c and ctest.c code itself, which were used extensively to debug XPA. The file test.tcl in the XPA source directory gives examples for using the XPATclInterface. SEE ALSO
See xpa(7) for a list of XPA help pages version 2.1.14 June 7, 2012 xpacode(7)