Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX 100% Inode full with only 67% FS full. Post 302990215 by jim mcnamara on Monday 23rd of January 2017 09:34:00 PM
Old 01-23-2017
This thread is several months old. I doubt if the OP read any new posts from today.
However useful they might be.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

%Inode used full

Hello I have used 100% of inode in a file system can you increase thie number of inode without backup-make the file system again-restore ? thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pascalbout
0 Replies

2. Solaris

/ directory is 100% full

Dear experts My / directory shows 100% full. What should I do??? What is normal size and how can I prevent it. I am using Solaris 8 on an Ultra 60. Thanks for your advises. Reza (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reza Nazarian
6 Replies

3. Solaris

when 100% full, it says some available

Just a quick question ....as per my df -k below, I have a file system marked at 100% full, why does it say there is 44,240 kb available ?? Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0 2055463 1753694 240106 88% / /proc 0 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies

4. AIX

/var 100% full

What to do if /var filesystem in Aix is completely full ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkhan
2 Replies

5. Linux

Disk full 100%

one of my servers / was full by 100% i cleard some space, now though i have enough space on / partition still df is showing disk usage as 100% am not able to create any single txt file ? why so ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bryanabhay
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dev/sda1 100% full

Hi! I have a problem with my disk, it is full as you can see # df Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on /dev/sda1 64380356 63125180 0 100% / none 3116000 0 3116000 0% /dev/shm /dev/sdb1 282015652... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruisof
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract strings from full path when full path is not fixed

/Path/snowbird9/nrfCompMgrRave1230100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird6/nrfCompMgrRave1220100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message. /Path/snowbird14/nrfCompMgrRave920100920.log.gz:09/20/2010 06:14:51 ERROR Error Message.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirisha
0 Replies

8. AIX

Paging space is 100% full

Paging space is 100% full? what step can i take (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramraj731
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Zpool showing 100% full

Hi, This is Solaris-10 on Sparc. Due to some reason, one zpool size is showing 100% full, while nothing is there in that. dstr03-zone02 is a non global zone running on physical machine - dstr03 root@dstr03:/# df -h | grep -i zone02 zone02_app_pool 60G 31K 3.8G 1% ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
5 Replies
postwait(2)							System Calls Manual						       postwait(2)

NAME
postwait: pw_getukid(), pw_wait(), pw_post(), pw_postv(), pw_getvmax() - lightweight synchronization mechanism SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
Postwait is a fast, lightweight sleep/wakeup mechanism that can be used for synchronization by cooperating kernel threads within a single process or between separate processes. A thread calls to block. It resumes execution when it is posted by another thread, the call expires, or is signaled. If one or more posts are already pending, returns immediately. Threads using postwait are identified by their ukid. A thread retrieves its ukid by calling It shares this ukid with anyone it chooses by any means it considers appropriate (for example, shared memory). is called with a timeout ts. If ts is NULL, the thread will not timeout. It will remain blocked until posted or a signal wakes it up. If ts points to a zero-valued timespec, will return immediately with a value (and indicating whether or not it was posted. If ts points to a timespec whose value is greater than zero, the thread will block for that amount of time unless it is posted or inter- rupted by a signal, in which case the timespec pointed to by ts is updated with the remaining time. The return value and are set to indi- cate the reason the call returned. is used to post many threads with a single call. It posts to all threads in the targets array. An value for each target is returned in the errors array. (0 indicates success.) If the errors pointer is zero, no target-specific errors are copied out. There is a maximum number of threads that can be posted with a single call. This value is returned by Posts sent to a kernel thread that already has a post pending against it are discarded. RETURN VALUE
returns 0 if it succeeds, -1 otherwise. returns 0 if posted, -1 otherwise. returns 0 if the post succeeds, -1 otherwise. returns 0 if every post succeeds, -1 otherwise. returns the maximum number of kernel threads that can be posted with a single call to ERRORS
sets to one of the following values if it fails: ukid points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. sets to one of the following values if it fails: was called with a timeout of 0 but the caller has no post(s) pending. was called with a timeout that expired. ts points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. was interrupted by a signal. The timespec pointed to by ts is invalid. sets to one of the following values if it fails: The ukid refers to a non-existent kernel thread. sets to one of the following values if it fails: targets points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. errors points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. count is less than 0. count exceeds the maximum value (as returned by A ukid refers to a non-existent kernel thread. postwait(2)