Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Browser on AIX 7.1
Operating Systems AIX Browser on AIX 7.1 Post 302990204 by blentz on Monday 23rd of January 2017 04:48:03 PM
Old 01-23-2017
Where did you get the file sets for Firefox? They should be on the AIX Expansion pack DVD. Those symbol errors are usually what you get when the binaries are compiled on a later version of AIX.

In other words, the Firefox you've installed are from 7.1 TL4 and you're running 7.1 TL2.

Can you provide the output of

oslevel -s
lslpp -l | grep -i Firefox

If you have installed Firefox from another source, I would recommend considering the version supplied on the AIX expansion DVD instead. Compiling from source will not be for beginners and third party rpms or installp packages can be hit-or-miss

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

The OPERA browser

I have just seen someone using the OPERA browser - it looks quite good and seems to have a friendly GUI. Can I get this for UNIX(Solaris 8 is my OS)??? Does anyone have this installed on their UNIX workstation?? How is it performing?? All comments and advice is welcome!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kanu77
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Browser

I recently install solaris8. on my computer, unfortunately I'm running AOL 7. Is't possible to run this on solaris?. If yes, your help is welcome. :( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MEdwards42
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want a better browser...

:D Howdy The IT admin where I work is limited in knowing what's available, so we're stuck with Netscape Navigator v4.72, as our only GUI browser. :confused: Is there a user friendly unix browser, that the average non-unix savey engineer can use? OS is AIX 4.3 (on the BASH shell). Hardware... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tatum
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

$BROWSER variable

In Linux, is there any variable which carries the value of the default browser. Say, in linux we have the $SHELL variable which points to the current SHELL in use. Similarly, is there anything for default BROWSER settings ? Vino (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what's this system and browser?

what's this system and browser? thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: puerjiang
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

HP-UX, dtlogin, X browser

All: Have an HP-UX server running init level 3, dtlogin shows up in ps -ef, but when you try to connect to this server via X browser (on Win XP), the browser comes up with just a gray screen w/mouse pointer. All the other HP-UX boxes on the same subnet come up with a pretty dtlogin screen. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: b1f30
4 Replies

7. Solaris

X browser

xbrowser getting closed automatically and ask for user id and password in solaris? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
5 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Browser Help

I'm looking for a browser than can handle heavy java usage. Firefox doesn't seem to be able to handle heavy usage anymore :( . Chromium does a decent job, but its just so different from Firefox I just can't get used to it. I have been trying to get used to chromium for over 2 weeks but can't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

9. Programming

Close browser

I just would like to have a javascript function ( for user logout ) which can close the browser that the user run this function , for example , if the user is using IE to click this function , then close ALL IE browser , is it possible ? if it can not be make , could the function close ALL opened... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
2 Replies
firefox(1)							   User Commands							firefox(1)

NAME
firefox - Firefox for Sun Java Desktop System SYNOPSIS
firefox [options ... ] [url] DESCRIPTION
Firefox is a free, open-source web browser based on the Mozilla codebase. It is small, fast and easy to use, and offers many advantages over other browsers, such as the ability to block pop-up windows. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -height value Set the height of startup window to value. -h or -help Display the help message. -width value Set the width of startup window to value. -v or -version Display the version message. -P profile Start with the profile named: profile. -ProfileManager Start with profile manager. -UILocale locale Start with the UI Locale listed: locale. -safe-mode Disables extensions and themes for this session. -jsconsole Open the JavaScript console. -browser Open a browser window. -setDefaultBrowser Set this app as the default browser. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Launching Firefox example% firefox EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully 1 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/firefox Executable for Firefox application $HOME/.mozilla/firefox User configuration files for Firefox ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWfirefox | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
For more information about firefox, please refer to http://www.mozilla.org/firefox Refer to Help->Help Contents for more information. NOTES
Updated by Evan Yan, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 10 Jul 2008 firefox(1)