Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting HTML not coming while sending using email Post 302990198 by ATWC on Monday 23rd of January 2017 02:58:42 PM
Old 01-23-2017
HTML not coming while sending using email

Code:
echo "$1" > test.txt
awk 'BEGIN{
FS="|"
print  "MIME-Version: 1.0"
print  "Content-Type: text/html"
print  "Content-Disposition: inline"
print  "<HTML>""<TABLE border="1"><TH>Heading1</TH><TH>Heading2</TH><TH>Heading3</TH>"
}
 {
printf "<TR>"
for(i=1;i<=NF;i++)
printf "<TD>%s</TD>", $i
print "</TR>"
 }
END{
print "</TABLE></BODY></HTML>"
 }
' test.txt > test.html

cat test.html | mailx -s "TEST" aaa@abc.com

file content:
Code:
abc|ccccc|dddd

end html file:
Code:
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Disposition: inline
<HTML><TABLE border=1><TH>Heading1</TH><TH>Heading2</TH><TH>Heading3</TH>
<TR><TD>AAA</TD><TD>AAAAAA</TD><TD>AAAA</TD></TR>
</TABLE></BODY></HTML>

I am getting email but the its just writing the same end html file into the body instead of creating a table.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!

Last edited by RudiC; 01-23-2017 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: Added CODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending mail with html content

hi, I am new to unix. I need send html content as a mail from my sun-solaris2.6 work station. When I tried that the recipient gets it as html code with all the tags. any solutions? thanx in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gmchoudary
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending HTML attachment through mail

Hi I am new to unix and scripting.I am trying to send a html file as an attachment. SUBJECT="Type of Exceptions in Application" TO=Sushovan.Samals@gmail.com SPOOLFILE=/data/reg/tlogs/Monitor.html #echo "Send the E-mail message..." uuencode $SPOOLFILE $SPOOLFILE | mailx -s "$SUBJECT" $TO... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushovan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending HTML Email through mailx

Hi, I am trying to send html email using mailx like follow on sh shell (Bourne) on HP-UX: mailx -s "Test HTML output in outlook MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/html" receiver@host.com < file.txt Content of file.txt are as follows: <html> <h2>An important link to look at!</h2>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manubatham20
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using top command to email if process is exceeding 25% and sending an email alert if so

This is my first time writing a script and Im having some trouble, Im trying to use the top command to monitor processes and the amount of CPU usage they require, my aim is to get an email if a process takes over a certain percentage of CPU usage I tried grep Obviosly that hasnt worked, Any... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jay02
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending html email with html attachment

Hello, I have a script which is sending an html file as an attachment. #!/usr/bin/ksh export MAILTO="user@company.com" export CONTENT="/usr/tmp/file.html" export SUBJECT="EmailSubject" ( echo "Subject: $SUBJECT" echo "MIME-Version: 1.0" echo "Content-Type: text/html" echo... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenathkg
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird ? symbol coming through-sending text file

Hi All, When I am trying to send a text file through Unix,I get a weird symbol in the .txt file. The symbol is ? in a box (square)....which is making the file unloadable. Please help me with the solution. Thanks in advance Gopi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gopi.palleti
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending a csv attachment and html text together.

Hello, I need to send below text (in a file ABC)as html text in mail body and the same as csv attachment 1,2,3 4,5,6 7,8,9 but to send as html text in mailbody we use echo "Subject: Report " | cat - ABC | /usr/lib/sendmail -t a@xyz.com and to send as an attachment in csv format we... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: skhichi
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Sending a HTML email from cli loses formatting.

Hi, I have a .sh file, to email a report of our backups from a linux machine. It looks like this (minus a few bits): echo "HELO $host.$domain" sleep 1 echo "mail from: vdrreport@$domain" sleep 1 echo "rcpt to:$mailto" sleep 1 echo "data" sleep 1 echo "subject: $host VDR-Report... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cognito
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending HTML Email

1) Can you please provide me with a best example of how to send an HTML email via mutt or mail or send email commands using bash shell. 2) I tried below but i am not able to get the variable values in the HTML email output. (cat <<-EOT <html> <head><title></title> </head> <body> <p>Hello,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in sending html mail with attachment

Hi Everyone, I am facing problems in sending html mail with attachemnt. I will able to send mail with attachment (plain text ) using mailx -s and uuencode command and also html mail without attachment using sendmail option. However I am not able to send html mail along with attachment.Either... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik adiga
2 Replies
HTML::FormatPS(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 HTML::FormatPS(3)

NAME
HTML::FormatPS - Format HTML as PostScript VERSION
version 2.10 SYNOPSIS
use HTML::TreeBuilder; $tree = HTML::TreeBuilder->new->parse_file("test.html"); use HTML::FormatPS; $formatter = HTML::FormatPS->new( FontFamily => 'Helvetica', PaperSize => 'Letter', ); print $formatter->format($tree); Or, for short: use HTML::FormatPS; print HTML::FormatPS->format_file( "test.html", 'FontFamily' => 'Helvetica', 'PaperSize' => 'Letter', ); DESCRIPTION
The HTML::FormatPS is a formatter that outputs PostScript code. Formatting of HTML tables and forms is not implemented. HTML::FormatPS is built on top of HTML::Formatter and so further detail may be found in the documentation for HTML::Formatter. You might specify the following parameters when constructing the formatter object (or when calling format_file or format_string): PaperSize What kind of paper should we format for. The value can be one of these: A3, A4, A5, B4, B5, Letter, Legal, Executive, Tabloid, Statement, Folio, 10x14, Quarto. The default is "A4". PaperWidth The width of the paper, in points. Setting PaperSize also defines this value. PaperHeight The height of the paper, in points. Setting PaperSize also defines this value. LeftMargin The left margin, in points. RightMargin The right margin, in points. HorizontalMargin Both left and right margin at the same time. The default value is 4 cm. TopMargin The top margin, in points. BottomMargin The bottom margin, in points. VerticalMargin Both top and bottom margin at the same time. The default value is 2 cm, PageNo This parameter determines if we should put page numbers on the pages. The default value is true; so you have to set this value to 0 in order to suppress page numbers. (The "No" in "PageNo" means number/numero!) FontFamily This parameter specifies which family of fonts to use for the formatting. Legal values are "Courier", "Helvetica" and "Times". The default is "Times". FontScale This is a scaling factor for all the font sizes. The default value is 1. For example, if you want everything to be almost three times as large, you could set this to 2.7. If you wanted things just a bit smaller than normal, you could set it to .92. Leading This option (pronounced "ledding", not "leeding") controls how much is space between lines. This is a factor of the font size used for that line. Default is 0.1 -- so between two 12-point lines, there will be 1.2 points of space. StartPage Assuming you have PageNo on, StartPage controls what the page number of the first page will be. By default, it is 1. So if you set this to 87, the first page would say "87" on it, the next "88", and so on. NoProlog If this option is set to a true value, HTML::FormatPS will make a point of not emitting the PostScript prolog before the document. By default, this is off, meaning that HTML::FormatPS will emit the prolog. This option is of interest only to advanced users. NoTrailer If this option is set to a true value, HTML::FormatPS will make a point of not emitting the PostScript trailer at the end of the document. By default, this is off, meaning that HTML::FormatPS will emit the bit of PostScript that ends the document. This option is of interest only to advanced users. METHODS
new my $formatter = FormatterClass->new( option1 => value1, option2 => value2, ... ); This creates a new formatter object with the given options. SEE ALSO
HTML::Formatter ISSUES
o Output is in ISO Latin1 format. The underlying HTML parsers tend to now work in Unicode (perl native) code points. There is an impedance mismatch between these, which may give issues with complex characters within HTML. TO DO
o Support for some more character styles, notably including: strike-through, underlining, superscript, and subscript. o Support for Unicode. o Support for Win-1252 encoding, since that's what most people mean when they use characters in the range 0x80-0x9F in HTML. o And, if it's ever even reasonably possible, support for tables. I would welcome email from people who can help me out or advise me on the above. INSTALLATION
See perlmodinstall for information and options on installing Perl modules. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
No bugs have been reported. Please report any bugs or feature requests through the web interface at <http://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=HTML-Format>. AVAILABILITY
The project homepage is <http://search.cpan.org/dist/HTML-Format>. The latest version of this module is available from the Comprehensive Perl Archive Network (CPAN). Visit <http://www.perl.com/CPAN/> to find a CPAN site near you, or see <http://search.cpan.org/dist/HTML-Format/>. The development version lives at <http://github.com/nigelm/html-format> and may be cloned from <git://github.com/nigelm/html-format.git>. Instead of sending patches, please fork this project using the standard git and github infrastructure. AUTHORS
o Nigel Metheringham <nigelm@cpan.org> o Sean M Burke <sburke@cpan.org> o Gisle Aas <gisle@ActiveState.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2011 by Nigel Metheringham, 2002-2005 Sean M Burke, 1999-2002 Gisle Aas. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-10 HTML::FormatPS(3)