Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Browser on AIX 7.1
Operating Systems AIX Browser on AIX 7.1 Post 302990016 by dderemer on Friday 20th of January 2017 02:31:05 PM
Old 01-20-2017
Browser on AIX 7.1

We are trying to install Websphere 7.1 on our AIX 7.1 server. When we run Launchpad it fails because it can't find a browser. The AIX admin installed firefox from the distribution DVD, and now when we launch firefox we get:
Code:
 #:/usr/mozilla/firefox>
#./firefox
 (firefox-bin:18481328): Pango-WARNING **: No builtin or dynamically
loaded modules were found. Pango will not work correctly.
This probably means there was an error in the creation of:
  '/opt/freeware/etc/pango/pango.modules'
You should create this file by running pango-querymodules.
Segmentation fault
:/usr/mozilla/firefox>

pango-querymodules fails and the pango.modules file is zero length.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!

Last edited by RudiC; 01-20-2017 at 03:44 PM.. Reason: Added CODE tags.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

The OPERA browser

I have just seen someone using the OPERA browser - it looks quite good and seems to have a friendly GUI. Can I get this for UNIX(Solaris 8 is my OS)??? Does anyone have this installed on their UNIX workstation?? How is it performing?? All comments and advice is welcome!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Kanu77
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Browser

I recently install solaris8. on my computer, unfortunately I'm running AOL 7. Is't possible to run this on solaris?. If yes, your help is welcome. :( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MEdwards42
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Want a better browser...

:D Howdy The IT admin where I work is limited in knowing what's available, so we're stuck with Netscape Navigator v4.72, as our only GUI browser. :confused: Is there a user friendly unix browser, that the average non-unix savey engineer can use? OS is AIX 4.3 (on the BASH shell). Hardware... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tatum
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

$BROWSER variable

In Linux, is there any variable which carries the value of the default browser. Say, in linux we have the $SHELL variable which points to the current SHELL in use. Similarly, is there anything for default BROWSER settings ? Vino (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vino
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what's this system and browser?

what's this system and browser? thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: puerjiang
1 Replies

6. HP-UX

HP-UX, dtlogin, X browser

All: Have an HP-UX server running init level 3, dtlogin shows up in ps -ef, but when you try to connect to this server via X browser (on Win XP), the browser comes up with just a gray screen w/mouse pointer. All the other HP-UX boxes on the same subnet come up with a pretty dtlogin screen. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: b1f30
4 Replies

7. Solaris

X browser

xbrowser getting closed automatically and ask for user id and password in solaris? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
5 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Browser Help

I'm looking for a browser than can handle heavy java usage. Firefox doesn't seem to be able to handle heavy usage anymore :( . Chromium does a decent job, but its just so different from Firefox I just can't get used to it. I have been trying to get used to chromium for over 2 weeks but can't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

9. Programming

Close browser

I just would like to have a javascript function ( for user logout ) which can close the browser that the user run this function , for example , if the user is using IE to click this function , then close ALL IE browser , is it possible ? if it can not be make , could the function close ALL opened... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
2 Replies