Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ux2dos script
Operating Systems HP-UX Ux2dos script Post 302989975 by lcclaj0 on Friday 20th of January 2017 06:41:13 AM
Old 01-20-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
So ... ?

Please be aware that YOU are sitting in the driver seat, nobody else can see what you see on the terminal nor control what you control. I F you want decent help, provide decent information - in this case that might be the results of the conversion steps, or the test steps as proposed by cero in post#8.

AND - read complete suggestions, to their entirety, AND answer ALL questions!

So.... it goes through also but same result as the script.. Puzzled at the moment

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ux2dos

I am trying to do a ux2dos to several files. Anyone know the syntax for that ?? Thanks Zapper (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zapper222
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
IO::Async::MergePoint(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				IO::Async::MergePoint(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::MergePoint" - resynchronise diverged control flow SYNOPSIS
This module as now been moved to its own dist of Async::MergePoint. It is kept here as a trivial subclass for backward compatibility. Eventually this subclass may be removed. Any code using "IO::Async::MergePoint" should instead use Async::MergePoint. use Async::MergePoint; my $merge = Async::MergePoint->new( needs => [ "leaves", "water" ], on_finished => sub { my %items = @_; # Make tea using $items{leaves} and $items{water} } ); Kettle->boil( on_boiled => sub { $merge->done( "water", $_[0] ) } ); Cupboard->get_tea_leaves( on_fetched => sub { $merge->done( "leaves", $_[0] ) } ); DESCRIPTION
Often in program logic, multiple different steps need to be taken that are independent of each other, but their total result is needed before the next step can be taken. In synchonous code, the usual approach is to do them sequentially. An "IO::Async"-based program could do this, but if each step involves some IO idle time, better overall performance can often be gained by running the steps in parallel. A Async::MergePoint object can then be used to wait for all of the steps to complete, before passing the combined result of each step on to the next stage. A merge point maintains a set of outstanding operations it is waiting on; these are arbitrary string values provided at the object's construction. Each time the "done" method is called, the named item is marked as being complete. When all of the required items are so marked, the "on_finished" continuation is invoked. When an item is marked as complete, a value can also be provided, which would contain the results of that step. The "on_finished" callback is passed a hash (in list form, rather than by reference) of the collected item values. AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::MergePoint(3pm)