Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: File formating with lines
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers File formating with lines Post 302989892 by arunkumar_mca on Thursday 19th of January 2017 12:21:06 PM
Old 01-19-2017
Yes it worked... Thanks a lot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help required on file formating

I have two files file1 and file2 as shown below: file1: name nameabc bcd nameabcdefg file2: age age1111 age2345 age6743 I have pasted one file on the other with the delimiter "|" and the resulttant file is: name|age nameabc|age1111 bcd|age2345 nameabcdefg|age6743 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: udiptya
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

File formating question.

Hi, I have a file with only data 1 row: AA#?BB#?CC#?DD Assume '#?' is the delimiter, i want the output in another file to be: AA BB CC DD Pls let me know if this is possible by sed ? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smc3
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

file formating in Perl

Hi, I am new to unix , I have a requirement for formating the input file and generate the output file as per the downstream requirement .. My application receiving a text input file having 4 field and my application need to check each field and if some value of a field is blank ..then it need... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: julirani
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File formating help needed.

I have a file called vm.cfg . content of file. acpi = 1 apic = 1 builder = 'hvm' How would i write a script which will add boot = 'd' at 3rd line. For example. after running the script the file should be like below. acpi = 1 apic = 1 boot = 'd' builder = 'hvm' I dont want to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File formating (sed command)

I am new ot unix. Is there one or two lines of command (sed may be) to format a file. My source is.. <tag1> <tag2> <datatag1> data1 </datatag1> <datatag2> data2 </datatag2> <datatag3> data3 </datatag3> <datatag4> data1 </datatag3> </tag2> </tag1> (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reachsam11
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in formating a txt file

Pls help in formatting a txt file using shell scripting Input file format: Name priya 2010-09-21 10:43:49 TEXT ID 1 hi TEXT ID 2 how TEXT ID 3 r TEXT ID 4 u Output required: name priya hi how r u (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bha148
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in formating a file with field separator

hi thanks a lot But pls help me if my input file is the below format: Name priya 2010-09-21 10:43:49 TEXT ID 1 hi TEXT ID 2 how TEXT ID 3 r TEXT ID 4 u Name2 priya2 2010-09-21 10:43:49 TEXT ID 1 hi1 TEXT ID 2 how1 TEXT ID 3 r1 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bha148
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

File formating help

Hi all, I am having the file below I need that as below Thanks, Arun (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File formating

I need to create a fixed width file based on the column lengths. lets assume I have six(this may be dynamic) fields each are of different length column1=6 #size of the column column2=3 column3=2 column4=3 column5=4 column6=5 I tried below code snippet but it is not working echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvkumar25
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with ... Formating the file using awk

I have a file like below position1 0 7802 7802 0 client1 - - position1 8 8032 8032 0 client1 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
7 Replies
pbmreduce(1)						      General Commands Manual						      pbmreduce(1)

NAME
pbmreduce - read a portable bitmap and reduce it N times SYNOPSIS
pbmreduce [-floyd|-fs|-threshold ] [-value val] N [pbmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable bitmap as input. Reduces it by a factor of N, and produces a portable bitmap as output. pbmreduce duplicates a lot of the functionality of pgmtopbm; you could do something like pnmscale | pgmtopbm, but pbmreduce is a lot faster. pbmreduce can be used to "re-halftone" an image. Let's say you have a scanner that only produces black&white, not grayscale, and it does a terrible job of halftoning (most b&w scanners fit this description). One way to fix the halftoning is to scan at the highest possible res- olution, say 300 dpi, and then reduce by a factor of three or so using pbmreduce. You can even correct the brightness of an image, by using the -value flag. OPTIONS
By default, the halftoning after the reduction is done via boustrophedonic Floyd-Steinberg error diffusion; however, the -threshold flag can be used to specify simple thresholding. This gives better results when reducing line drawings. The -value flag alters the thresholding value for all quantizations. It should be a real number between 0 and 1. Above 0.5 means darker images; below 0.5 means lighter. All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. SEE ALSO
pnmenlarge(1), pnmscale(1), pgmtopbm(1), pbm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1988 by Jef Poskanzer. 02 August 1989 pbmreduce(1)