Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How can i sort this listing in PYTHON by folder creation? Post 302989875 by ZerO13 on Thursday 19th of January 2017 10:01:03 AM
Old 01-19-2017
its ubuntu 16 Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing the creation date/time of a file in unix

Hi, I need the unix command which returns only the file name and its creation date/time in unix. I tried ls -l <filename>. But that is giving other details also which I do not want. Could anyone help me out? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: unipepper
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

folder creation

Hi, help me to write a shell script to check the folder is exsting as with the current date in specified path,and if not exsting ,i need to create a folder with name as the current date Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rujupriya
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creation of log file under dynamic date folder

HI I want to create a date folder and then a log file under it, which will hold all output of shell script. Say shell script abc.sh runs every day and I want to redirect the output of abc.sh > /opt/bea/wls81/Pkmtest/$(date +%Y%m%d)/ant.log. Here date should always change according to system... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajkrmishra
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl file and folder listing -Help

Hello, I want to display all files and folders in a drive under windows. I tried two ways. 1-Way Here is the code snippet. opendir DIR, "F:\"; # Searching under F drive my @files = readdir(DIR); # Reading eveythg under F drive closedir DIR; # closeing the directory handler foreach my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolbhai
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List directories with given string, sort by creation date

It is for HP-Unix B.11.31. Requirement: 1. List the directories, which directories name has given particular string. Example: Directories with name "Build" 2. On the output of 1. list the directories by creation date as sort order. I tried with; find . -type d -name "Build*" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script folder creation

hi can any one help me in shell scripting where in my requirement is to write a shell script where in if i run that script i should copy all the .doc files from one system to another systems within a network like from parent folders to child folder example parent folder A within parent folder... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: afra
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Select all files in a folder based on creation date (ls command)

Hi All, <Re-posting in Correct group> I'm trying to select all the files in a folder that starts with a particular name format and are created in a gven date range using 'ls' command...but i'm not successful.... Example : I'm trying to see all the text files in a folder who names start... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satya C1
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in finishing a bash script for listing subfolder by size in a large folder

Greetings everyone. I have seen that you do wonders here. I have a large folder on a Ubuntu linux. Organization main folder, inside 20 000 subfolders, and inside those subolders many other like 5-6 folders and files. I am interested to create an output to a txt file under the bash... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimo
2 Replies

9. Programming

Python Regex List Creation

Here is a snippet of my code: blahblahblah... blah for link in goodies.soup.find_all('a'): blah.append(link.get('href')) blah=list(set(blah)) which gives my list of urls. So now I use a regex to search for the relevant urls which I want in a list: for r... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move files and Creation of folder structure

We are receiving few zipped files in one location say : apple/oranges/incoming All .zip files are placed here in incoming folder. So few of the files are password encrypted. There are only 10 zipped files, so we are planning to create a script which will pick that zip file from incoming... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sidhant
1 Replies
ubuntu-dev-tools(5)						File Formats Manual					       ubuntu-dev-tools(5)

NAME
ubuntu-dev-tools - Configuration for the ubuntu-dev-tools package. DESCRIPTION
The ubuntu-dev-tools package is similar in scope to the devscripts(1) package, providing a collection of scripts which may be of use to Ubuntu and Debian developers or others wishing to build Debian packages. Some of these scripts have options which may be configured on a system-wide and per-user basis. These options are configured in devscripts.conf(5). All variables are described in the script's manpages. Package-wide variables begin with "UBUNTUTOOLS" and are listed below. Every script which reads the configuration files can be forced to ignore them by using the --no-conf command-line option. ENVIRONMENT
All ubuntu-dev-tools configuration variables can be set (and overridden) by setting them in the environment (unlike devscripts). In addition, several scripts use the following environment variables: UBUMAIL Overrides DEBEMAIL and DEBFULLNAME when the target is clearly Ubuntu. Can either contain an e-mail address or Full Name <email@example.org>. DEBEMAIL, DEBFULLNAME As in devscripts(1). PACKAGE-WIDE VARIABLES The currently recognised package-wide variables are: UBUNTUTOOLS_BUILDER This specifies the preferred test-builder, one of pbuilder (default), sbuild, pbuilder-dist. UBUNTUTOOLS_DEBIAN_MIRROR The preferred Debian archive mirror. Should be of the form http://ftp.debian.org/debian (no trailing slash). If not specified, the master will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_DEBSEC_MIRROR The preferred Debian security archive mirror. Should be of the form http://security.debian.org (no trailing slash). If not speci- fied, the master will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_UBUNTU_MIRROR The preferred Ubuntu archive mirror. Should be of the form http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu (no trailing slash). If not specified, the master will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_UBUNTU_PORTS_MIRROR The preferred Ubuntu archive mirror. Should be of the form http://ports.ubuntu.com (no trailing slash). If not specified, the mas- ter will be used. UBUNTUTOOLS_LPINSTANCE The launchpad instance to communicate with. e.g. production (default) or staging. UBUNTUTOOLS_MIRROR_FALLBACK Whether or not to fall-back to the master archive mirror. This is usually the desired behaviour, as mirrors can lag the masters. If on a private network with only a local mirror, you may want to set this to no. One of yes (default) or no. UBUNTUTOOLS_UPDATE_BUILDER Whether or not to update the test-builder before each test build. One of yes or no (default). UBUNTUTOOLS_WORKDIR The directory to use for preparing source packages etc. When unset, defaults to a directory in /tmp/ named after the script. SEE ALSO
devscripts(1), devscripts.conf(5) AUTHORS
This manpage was written by Stefano Rivera <stefanor@ubuntu.com>. ubuntu-dev-tools December 19 2010 ubuntu-dev-tools(5)