Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Single user mode
Operating Systems Solaris Single user mode Post 302989825 by ygemici on Wednesday 18th of January 2017 03:18:24 PM
Old 01-18-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadimotamedi
Thank you for your reply. Can you please let me know how can I distinguish this NVRAM chip part number to try to order/purchase it ?
Hi hadimotamedi,

i m not sure where is the NVRAM chip part number writes in another than motherboard..
i cannt find the any related nvram part no information about your system.

maybe ( if there is ) u can check the product/system documents ( like invoice , manuals , sys dump docs .. ) that came with the your powerbook computer.

but of course the most guarantee way to look on the the motherboard.
because you already will have to open the powerbook shelf/case when you buy a new nvram chip Smilie

otherwise i can only walk the idea from your system's cpu arct.
your system has ( Ultra SPARC IIe/IIi ) ? is it correct ?
if it is ok , i just can guess this compatible nvram chips for your system.

so it is maybe "525-1417, M48T59-70PC1" chip ?
i use this reference site.
IDPROM - Parts

if it is this , then you can find the related products..
for exa :
525-1417, M48T59-70PC1, Sun NVRAM for Ultra 2 (M48T59-70PC1), Sun Microsystems Products
525-1417 IDPROM (NVRAM) For Sun Ultra 2 Workstation New Battery 1 Year Warranty | eBay

if you can be sure somehowly , you can find more alternative shopping sites with different prices..

good lucks
regards
ygemici

Last edited by ygemici; 01-18-2017 at 04:23 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

single user mode

Hi all, why "vi" acts differently is single user mode? Does anyone help ? I am using "x" to delete and it keeps messing up. Please help Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guest100
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Single user mode

Hi all, Well back at work and back to crashing systems again :-) Does anyone know where I can find some decent information on single user mode? I need to be able to fix a few things. Don't know if it's possible in single user mode but I need to fix the "etc/vfstab" mainly I re-wrote it to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

single-user mode

how do you boot into single user mode? RedHat 7.1 Caldera 2.4 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorro81
2 Replies

4. Solaris

adding a user in single user mode

Just got a solaris 8 blade 150 box with no users, only a root account. no one seems to know the password. I'd like to add one user. So I booted into single user mode via cdrom and added one. Can't seem to login using the new account, though. Here's what I'm using: # useradd -d /tmp/"user" -m... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ECBROWN
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

single user mode

Is there another way of switching to single user mode except by typing /usr/sbin/shutdown 0 ??? :rolleyes: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

single user mode

How to diable the single user mode.. what i want is dat my users are unable to boot in single user mode via GRUB.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankit.jss
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to Single user mode?

How to enter single user mode when UNIX/LINUX system is starting? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gkreddy
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

single user mode - user accounts passwords

hello ppl, someone must be able to help with this --> I have an old NCR tower 32 with an ADDS terminal running a unix version 020102 (Im not sure if thats correct but its unix for sure). I have no user names and no passwords and need to login to read a tape. Is there any way to do that? I hear... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orestis
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Not able to log into single user mode.

Hi as per the article given. Boot Linux Grub Into Single User Mode I m modifying the boot entry grub edit> kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.18-92.el5 ro root=/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 rhgb quiet Singleand then booting from it by pressing b. However the machine is getting booted into runlevel 5. if the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Single user mode

Hi all I am new on sun OS. I have have little experience on linux. The Story start from this point: I want to put some script on start-up the terminal, but I cant do that. my shell was sh and I tried so much to find way to do that. at last someone said to me change your shell to bash. I ask how... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahim_T
4 Replies
NVRAM(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  NVRAM(4)

NAME
nvram -- non-volatile RAM SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device nvram Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): nvram_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The nvram driver provides access to BIOS configuration NVRAM on i386 and amd64 systems. PC motherboard uses a small non-volatile memory to store BIOS settings which is usually part of its clock chip and sometimes referred as ``CMOS SRAM''. This driver exposes bytes 14 through 128 of the NVRAM, or a total of 114 bytes, at offset zero of the device file /dev/nvram. This driver is useful for cloning machines that shares the same hardware configuration and need same BIOS setting tweaks. IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
The BIOS NVRAM's bytes 16 through 31 are checksummed at byte 32. This driver does not take care for these checksums. EXAMPLES
Backup existing BIOS NVRAM to nvram.bin: dd if=/dev/nvram of=nvram.bin Restore BIOS NVRAM from nvram.bin: dd if=nvram.bin of=/dev/nvram SEE ALSO
dd(1) HISTORY
The nvram device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 6.4. AUTHORS
The nvram device driver was written by Peter Wemm. This manual page was written by Xin LI. BSD
February 8, 2010 BSD