Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash script: problem with a function which use colors Post 302989824 by Arnaudh78 on Wednesday 18th of January 2017 03:18:23 PM
Old 01-18-2017
It work perfectly ! thanks
This User Gave Thanks to Arnaudh78 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

colors in BASH, doubt with script

I was trying to see all combinations of foreground and background colors in BASH. This works fine for me, echo -e '\E[37;46m TEXT' but when I tried the below script, the variables i and j do not expand. #!/bin/sh for i in `seq 30 37` # foreground do for j in `seq 40... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaduks
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Easy About Bash Script function

Hi to all, first of all,i am working on MINIX 3 OS. I want to create a bash script file,which will create a list of files(not directories) that have been modified one specific day (i.e today) under my home directory. thank you very much!! :) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kostis1904
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run function from script over ssh (BASH)

Hi, Is there any cleaver way to run function from the bash scrip over ssh? For example: #!/bin/bash #Function 1 FN1 () { ls -l } #Main run ssh user@host FN1 exit 0 Yeah, I know it will not work, but I'm asking how to make it to work :) I'm suspecting that it would be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: columb
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AWK sub function curious problem under bash

I need to detect the number of pages in a print job when it is available so I can warn users when they try to print a report much larger than they expected. Sometimes they are trying to print 1000 page reports when they thought they were getting a 10 page report. Under linux I am scanning the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Max Rebo
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

error when call function in bash script

Dear all, Could you please advice as I when call function i found the following error " refills: command not found" note that refills is function name. following also the function and how i call it function refills { echo "formatting refills and telepin" >> $log awk -F,... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed.gad
20 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash script function parameters

I have a question about bash script. Can I create a function there that accept parameters like functions in program language? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with grep and read function in a BASH Script

I'm putting together a script that will search my mail archives for emails that meet certain criteria and output the files to a text file. I can manually cat that text file and pipe it into sendmail and it will work (i.e. cat /pathtofile/foo.txt | sendmail -t me@company.com) My script sends... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary-ninja
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameters to bash script function (or subroutine)

I've found a few posts regarding passing parameters to a function or subroutine, but for some reason when I try to run a command based on part with these parameters it's not working. If I have the function echo the parameters they show correctly so I believe they are being passed right but the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: withanh
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling function from another bash script

I would like to call functions from another bash script. How can I do it? Some code More code (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash function problem

I am trying to figure out why I am having a "problem" with some functions in a bash script I am running. The reason for air quoting is that the functions are working, they are just not displaying anything to screen when called from another function. Here's an example: function Create_Input {... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagamier
6 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)