Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking How to start msg chat in cmd? Post 302989702 by Corona688 on Tuesday 17th of January 2017 10:18:42 AM
Old 01-17-2017
Depending on which thing you mean, messenger chat may be an archaic thing which doesn't actually work in modern Linux/UNIX.

So, be more specific.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

man <cmd> >> cmd.txt

I've noticed most of my postings here are because of syntax errors. So I want to begin compiling a large txt file that contains all the "man <cmd>" of the commands I most have problems with. I ran a "man nawk >> nawk.txt" but it included a header/footer on each "page". Anyone know how I'd be... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
6 Replies

2. Virtualization and Cloud Computing

Cmd to start guest in VMware server 2.0

Is there any command in VMware Server 2.0 to poweron/start the guests like we have vmware-cmd ESX server 3.5 .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix cmd prompt how to get old cmd run?

Hi, I am using SunOS I want to serch my previous command from unix prompt (like on AIX we can search by ESC -k) how to get in SunOs urgent help require. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: RahulJoshi
10 Replies

4. Web Development

Can you embed Skype or any other video chat/chat program into a webpage?

Hi, I am trying to embed Skype or any other video chat/chat program into a webpage. Has anyone had success doing this? or know how? Thanks Phil (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
2 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Very Funny and Somewhat Amazing 2006 Chat Bot Chat

Working on the badging system, Just found this old thread for 2006 and started reading it. ROTFL ... what a great discussion between forum members and our chat bot Gollum "back in the good old days"... You must check this out if you want a laugh and big smile: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
isaexec(3C)                                                Standard C Library Functions                                                isaexec(3C)

NAME
isaexec - invoke isa-specific executable SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int isaexec(const char *path, char *const argv[], char *const envp[]); DESCRIPTION
The isaexec() function takes the path specified as path and breaks it into directory and file name components. It enquires from the running system the list of supported instruction set architectures; see isalist(5). The function traverses the list for an executable file in named subdirectories of the original directory. When such a file is located, execve() is invoked with argv[] and envp[]. See exec(2). RETURN VALUES
If no file is located, isaexec() returns ENOENT. Other return values are the same as for execve(). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Example of isaexec() function. On a system whose isalist is sparcv7 sparc the program int main(int argc, char *argv[], char *envp[]) { return (isaexec("/bin/thing", argv, envp)); } will look first for an executable file named /bin/sparcv7/thing, then for an executable file named /bin/sparc/thing. It will invoke execve() on the first executable file it finds named thing. On that same system, a program called /u/bin/tofu can cause either /u/bin/sparcv7/tofu or /u/bin/sparc/tofu to be invoked using the follow- ing code: int main(int argc, char *argv[], char *envp[]) { return (isaexec(getexecname(), argv, envp)); } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
exec(2), getexecname(3C), attributes(5), isalist(5) SunOS 5.10 20 Mar 1998 isaexec(3C)