Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Cronjob not running on Ubuntu 14.04 Post 302989625 by cmccabe on Monday 16th of January 2017 11:11:56 AM
Old 01-16-2017
Thank you very much, I guess i thought it would write to stdout and I would see the terminal displayed. Thanks again Smilie.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cronjob is not running

hi, I have a shell script which has a sql plus code and unix if else condition. The file is located at root.I logged in as a root user and i have all permissions. I tried to set up a cron job so that the script need to run every minute.the script is running successfully without any problem. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanei05
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running scripts through cronjob.

Hello everybody, I'm trying to run a shell script in crontab file. But anyhow it's not getting executed. Following is the command that I've used in crontab. 30 07 * * * . ./.cronprofile;/om/reports/reportscripts/jitu/prod/prd_pre_to_post.sh 35 11 * * * .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitu.jk
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SYS CRONJOB just not running...

I'm trying to run "SAR -i 60" under #/var/spool/cron/crontabs/SYS 0,10,20,30,40,50 0-6 sh -c "/usr/lib/sa/sa1 60 10 &" 55 23 * 0-6 /usr/lib/sa/sa2 -i 900 -A machine is not running above cron job under "sys" at all. This suppose to run every minutes and all time in 24 hours. When day... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deal732
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to cancel a cronjob if the cronjob still running

hi everyone I'm newbie in this forum hope I can get some help here :) I have a command in crontab that executed every 1 minute sometime this command need more than 1 minute to finish the problem is, the crontab execute this command although it's not finish processing yet and causing the system... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2j4h
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob not running

Hi, having problem running my cronjob, need the script to run every monday. And the error i'm getting is "No such file or directory", i've tried to change the env to /bin/bash and also /usr/bin/sh but both failed. Need help here. tq 0 0 * * 1 /bin/bash /home/omc/munir/raccli_rnc.sh Rgds... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adawiyah29
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute cronjob running in a different machine?

Hi, I am developing 1 script in which I need to execute one cron job running in different server and my script is in different server. so can any one help me to execute the cronjob set in different server. Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mridul10_crj
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script not running through Cronjob

Hi, I have a .ksh script which updates the database. The script is running fine manually but it is not running through cron.All the file permissions are fine. The script contents are as below: #!/usr/bin/ksh ddate=`date +%Y%m%d` echo $ddate nohup sqlplus crm/crm @db_state_sync.sql >>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivangi
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

My Cronjob is not running

I created a script, size=`du -sm` size=`echo $size | sed 's/.$//'` size1='30720' if then { find /ask/tarballs -type f -name "*.tgz" -mtime +30 -exec ls -l {} \; find /ask/tarballs -type f -name "*.tgz" -mtime +30 -exec rm -f {} \; } else echo "Directory size doesnt exceed Threshold... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaal89
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Facing issues while running a cronjob !

Hi, I am trying to run a cronjob. But while doing so I am getting the following error message :- can't open yourfile in /var/spool/cron/crontabs directory. No such file or directory How can I resolve this issue ? Please help. Thanks Please view this code tag video for... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: acidburn_007
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Execute Ubuntu 14.04 cronjob as non-root

I have created a cronjob that successfully executes and among other thing runs aria2c to download several files and save them to a folder. However, since it executes as sudo, the downloaded folder is saved with those permissions. Is there a way to execute the cronjob so that the downloaded folder... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
CRONTAB(1)						      General Commands Manual							CRONTAB(1)

NAME
crontab - maintain crontab files for individual users (V3) SYNOPSIS
crontab [ -u user ] file crontab [ -u user ] { -l | -r | -e } DESCRIPTION
Crontab is the program used to install, deinstall or list the tables used to drive the cron(8) daemon in Vixie Cron. Each user can have their own crontab, and though these are files in /var, they are not intended to be edited directly. If the allow file exists, then you must be listed therein in order to be allowed to use this command. If the allow file does not exist but the deny file does exist, then you must not be listed in the deny file in order to use this command. If neither of these files exists, then depending on site-dependent configuration parameters, only the super user will be allowed to use this command, or all users will be able to use this command. If the -u option is given, it specifies the name of the user whose crontab is to be tweaked. If this option is not given, crontab examines "your" crontab, i.e., the crontab of the person executing the command. Note that su(8) can confuse crontab and that if you are running inside of su(8) you should always use the -u option for safety's sake. The first form of this command is used to install a new crontab from some named file or standard input if the pseudo-filename ``-'' is given. The -l option causes the current crontab to be displayed on standard output. The -r option causes the current crontab to be removed. The -e option is used to edit the current crontab using the editor specified by the VISUAL or EDITOR environment variables. After you exit from the editor, the modified crontab will be installed automatically. SEE ALSO
crontab(5), cron(8) FILES
/etc/cron.allow /etc/cron.deny STANDARDS
The crontab command conforms to IEEE Std1003.2-1992 (``POSIX''). This new command syntax differs from previous versions of Vixie Cron, as well as from the classic SVR3 syntax. DIAGNOSTICS
A fairly informative usage message appears if you run it with a bad command line. AUTHOR
Paul Vixie <paul@vix.com> 4th Berkeley Distribution 29 December 1993 CRONTAB(1)