Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming X11 Button Event not Reported Post 302989568 by Don Cragun on Saturday 14th of January 2017 11:54:57 PM
Old 01-15-2017
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment If you're having trouble understanding how CODE and ICODE tags work, try playing the following tutorial...

Hopefully, it will be more informative.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for using the Back button and the Close button

Here's a question I have for anyone that might be able to help me: I can write a html script that will allow the user to return to the previous page using the back button, and I can write a script that will allow the user to return to the previous page using the close button, but...is there a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdgibson
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing middle mouse button for pasting to right mouse button in cygwin rxvt

Hi, I'm using rxvt in Cygwin and I'm wondering how to change my mouse bindings from the middle button for pasting to the right button. The main reason why I want to do this is because my laptop doesn't have a middle mouse button. Thanks for any help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayeo
2 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] putty+x11:How do I pass X11 display rights to "su"?

I can log into a unix system with Putty. I've set the "X11 forwarding" checkbox, and I've verified that I can display an X11 window back on my laptop. What I need to be able to do is "su" to another uid after logging in and then run something which display a window back on my laptop, with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
2 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

New Thread Button

Where do I find the New Thread Button so I can post a message to get some help in an issue I am having ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kstalder
2 Replies
XGetEventData(3)						  XLIB FUNCTIONS						  XGetEventData(3)

NAME
XGetEventData, XFreeEventData, XGenericEventCookie - retrieve and free additional event data through cookies. SYNTAX
Bool XGetEventData(Display *display, XGenericEventCookie *cookie); void XFreeEventData(Display *display, XGenericEventCookie *cookie); ARGUMENTS
display Specifies the connection to the X server. cookie Specifies the cookie to free or retrieve the data for. STRUCTURES
typedef struct { int type; unsigned long serial; Bool send_event; Display *display; int extension; int evtype; unsigned int cookie; void *data; } XGenericEventCookie; DESCRIPTION
Some extension XGenericEvents require additional memory to store information. For these events, the library returns a XGenericEventCookie with a token ('cookie') unique to this event. The XGenericEventCookie's data pointer is undefined until XGetEventData is called. The XGetEventData function retrieves this extra data for the given cookie. No round-trip to the server is required. If the cookie is invalid or the event is not an event handled by cookie handlers, False is returned. If XGetEventData returns True, the cookie's data pointer points to the memory containing the event information. A client must call XFreeEventData to free this memory. XGetEventData returns False for multiple calls for the same event cookie. The XFreeEventData function frees the data associated with a cookie. A client must call XFreeEventData for each cookie claimed with XGetEventData. EXAMPLE CODE
XEvent event; XGenericEventCookie *cookie = &ev; XNextEvent(display, &event); if (XGetEventData(display, cookie)) { handle_cookie_event(cookie->data); } else handle_event(&event); } XFreeEventData(display, cookie); NOTES
A cookie is defined as unclaimed if it has been returned to the client through XNextEvent but its data has not been retrieved via XGetEventData. Subsequent calls to XNextEvent may free memory associated with unclaimed cookies. Multi-threaded X clients must ensure that XGetEventData is called before the next call to XNextEvent. SEE ALSO
XNextEvent(3), Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 libX11 1.6.0 XGetEventData(3)