Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming X11 Button Event not Reported Post 302989556 by rlsj on Saturday 14th of January 2017 12:05:33 PM
Old 01-14-2017
X11 Button Event not Reported

I have a peculiar problem (aren't they all?). A new program that uses X11 fails to get any ButtonRelease event reported to it after the XNextEvent call. That is, mouse clicks don't work. The program gets others, such as exposure and keyboard events, but not button press or release. Other programs running on the same hardware obviously do get all mouse clicks. Compounding the problem, this failure occurs under Ubuntu and Mint, but all events are reported under Raspbian -- that is, under Raspbian the failure does not occur.

This is the setup instruction:
Code:
i = XSelectInput(dpy,win, ExposureMask | KeyPressMask |
        ButtonReleaseMask | KeyReleaseMask);

After issuance i contains 1.

I've read (seemingly relevant parts of) the X11 manual without gaining a clue. I'm hoping that someone else has experienced this problem and found the cause.

Would this question be more appropriate in another group? Which one?

--rLsj
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use CODE tags when displaying sample input, sample output, and code segments.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 01-14-2017 at 06:00 PM.. Reason: Add CODE and ICODE tags.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script for using the Back button and the Close button

Here's a question I have for anyone that might be able to help me: I can write a html script that will allow the user to return to the previous page using the back button, and I can write a script that will allow the user to return to the previous page using the close button, but...is there a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdgibson
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing middle mouse button for pasting to right mouse button in cygwin rxvt

Hi, I'm using rxvt in Cygwin and I'm wondering how to change my mouse bindings from the middle button for pasting to the right button. The main reason why I want to do this is because my laptop doesn't have a middle mouse button. Thanks for any help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayeo
2 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

cygwin-x/can't install xorg-x11-f100 & xorg-x11-fnts

Hello All. Really a newbie to Linux/Unix. Trying to get into Linux. Using XP PE currently. Installed cygwin and trying to intall cygwin-x. Everything else is setup nice but i can't seem to install these two packages (without whom xwin won't start) 1. xorg-x11-f100 2. xorg-x11-fnts Tried the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: binodbdrchand
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] putty+x11:How do I pass X11 display rights to "su"?

I can log into a unix system with Putty. I've set the "X11 forwarding" checkbox, and I've verified that I can display an X11 window back on my laptop. What I need to be able to do is "su" to another uid after logging in and then run something which display a window back on my laptop, with the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkarr
2 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

New Thread Button

Where do I find the New Thread Button so I can post a message to get some help in an issue I am having ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kstalder
2 Replies
maze(1X)																  maze(1X)

NAME
maze - an automated X11 demo repeatedly creating and solving a random maze SYNOPSIS
maze [-S] [-r] [-g geometry] [-d display] OPTIONS
Full screen window option... Reverse video option... Specifies the window geometry to be used... Specifies the display to be used... The following lists the current functionality of various mouse button clicks; Clears the window and restarts maze... Toggles the maze pro- gram, first click -> stop, second click -> continue... Kills maze... DESCRIPTION
The maze program creates a "random" maze and then solves it with graphical feedback. LIMITATIONS
No color support... Expose events force a restart of maze... Currently, mouse actions are based on "raw" values [ Button1, Button2 and Button3 ] from the ButtonPress event... [ does not use pointer mapping ] COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1988 by Sun Microsystems, Inc. Mountain View, CA. All Rights Reserved Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software and its documentation for any purpose and without fee is hereby granted, pro- vided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in sup- porting documentation, and that Sun not be used in advertising or publicity pertaining to distribution of the software without specific prior written permission. Sun makes no representations about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" with- out any express or implied warranty. SUN DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL SUN BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE. AUTHOR(S) Richard Hess [ X11 extensions ] {...}!uunet!cimshop!rhess Consilium, Mountain View, CA Dave Lemke [ X11 version ] lemke@sun.COM Sun MicroSystems, Mountain View, CA Martin Weiss [ SunView version ] Sun MicroSystems, Mountain View, CA maze(1X)