Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to install BSD?
Operating Systems BSD How to install BSD? Post 302989544 by 1in10 on Saturday 14th of January 2017 05:13:10 AM
Old 01-14-2017
installing BSD

It is a really good handbook to download for BSD out there, get it, it still helps me. If you have the image, make it an installation medium, CD or USB-drive, to navigate inside the installation, which takes you just some five minutes, you will use spacebar and the cursor keys. Most important, don't give up, it's worth it. I had to repeat it several times. After the basic installation you will need something like portsnap fetch, make install clean (name of the programm), pkg install. like some basic vocabulary, or pkg update. And some good choice how to get into it, have a look at youtube, even if it is 10.1
You may discover throughout the time you are using BSD, that it is the user, who is doing (sorry for this term) the dirty work. But if you do not need a playstation it is really good.

Last edited by 1in10; 01-14-2017 at 06:41 AM.. Reason: grammar and the most important
This User Gave Thanks to 1in10 For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

System free bsd install wrong....

My freeBsd were setup security wrong how do I reinstall it? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dansu92833
1 Replies

2. BSD

for linux and BSD users interested in Unix system V/bsd

for all you unix/linux interested heres an online book for free that covers the basics of BSD SysV Unix commands and applications . giving the average linux user a perspective on the differences in context of the two operating systems and for BSD users covers material as a refernce guide. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to install Free BSD with dual boot with XP?

:confused: hello I have XP installed computer. I am completely newbie in Unix. Despite yesterday I tried to install Free BSD 5. But I coluldn't do. So now computer is not bootable i have done wrong thing. Can you help me installing it without making Xp out of computer? please reply (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sualcavab
2 Replies

4. BSD

install apache2 in bsd 6.2

Hi, I'm trying to install apache2 in freebsd 6.2 but I have the next problems: 1. I don't have an internet connection in that computer 2. I tried commands like make install clean in /usr/ports/www/apache22 but always try to connect to the internet my question is: how can I install apache2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamayo
2 Replies

5. BSD

Free BSD Release 8.0 not recognizing CD/DVD and usb install media

Hi, I am trying to install Free BSD release 8.0 on my Dell XPS Studio laptop along with already existing Windows partition. (150GB for Win Vista, 30GB for win backup and 130 GB for Free BSD). To do trial I first installed it on Sun virtual Box in Windows where it installed without any complaints.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dheerajsuthar
2 Replies
APT-BUILD(1)						      General Commands Manual						      APT-BUILD(1)

NAME
apt-build - Fetch sources and build packages optimized for your architecture. SYNOPSIS
apt-build [ options ] [ update ] [ upgrade ] [ world ] [ install pkg ] [ remove pkg ] [ info pkg ] DESCRIPTION
apt-build is an apt-get frontend to build and install architecture optimized packages. COMMANDS
update Retrieve new lists of packages upgrade Perform an upgrade world Rebuild your system install Build and install new packages source Download and extract source in the build directory info Info on a package which could be built remove Remove packages clean-build Erase built packages clean-sources Call debian/rules clean in source directories build-source Build source without installing them update-source Update sources and rebuild them if they are missing in the repository build-repository Rebuild the repository OPTIONS
--help Shows help --nowrapper Do not use the gcc wrapper --remove-builddep Remove build-dependencies installed by apt-build --no-source Don't download source --build-dir Specify build-dir --build-only Build package only --rebuild Rebuild a package --reinstall Build and install an already installed package --build-command <command> Use this command to build package --patch <file> Apply this patch before build (you can use this option one or several times) --patch-strip, -p <number> Prefix to strip on patch (0 = -p0, 1 = -p1 ...) --yes, -y Assume yes --purge Use purge instead of remove --noupdate Do not run 'apt-get update' before package installation --sources-list Specify sources.list file --apt-get Specify an alternative apt-get command --apt-cache Specify an alternative apt-cache command --force-yes Force yes --source Do not download source (sources are extracted already) --repository-dir Specify the repository directory --target-release Distribution to fetch packages from --config Specify an alternative configuration file --version, -v Show version BUGS
Many. AUTHOR
apt-build was written by Julien Danjou <acid@debian.org> with many contributors. 3rd Berkeley Distribution November 2003 APT-BUILD(1)