Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to reclaim hard disks and IP's in AIX? Post 302989506 by rbatte1 on Friday 13th of January 2017 10:27:54 AM
Old 01-13-2017
If the IP address was offered as part of a cluster, then that makes a difference. Was this server perhaps part of an Oracle RAC or IBM PowerHA cluster other something similar?

Can we see the output from ifconfig -a?

The content of /etc/hosts might be useful too.

We might need to look at the output from other network commands to be sure, but we'll get to that later.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

External Lacie USB hard disks

I'm trying to mount a USB Lacie external hardrive in my Linux system but am having trouble doing so, I'm also having trouble mounting my USB ZIP 250 drive. It is totally me being stupid, but I'm new to unix and am having a few teathing problems. the command I'm using is the following mount... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: electrode101
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Solaris GRUB troubled with dual hard disks

I have the following system: - DELL Dimension 8300 - Pentium IV @ 2.66GHz - BIOS Revision A07 - 1.5GB RAM - 2 Hard Disks (Master 120GB, Slave 80GB), I guess it's IDE I had WinXP on the master disk (hd0) and recently installed Solaris 10 1/06 on the slave disk (hd1). The NTLDR is in MBR... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hawk
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Hard disks in solaris

I need to insert a new hard disk into a Sun Fire v210 machine. The (only) internal disk which is already in the machine is part number XRA-SC1CB-73G10K (DISK DRIVE ASSY. 73GB, 10K RPM, with SPUD BRACKET). I also have nearly endless access to IBM hard disks at extremely low prices and would there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sprellari
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Get onyl local hard disks

How can I get only the local hard disks in Solaris? I've tried iostat -x, iostat -E, etc, but it shows the cdroms, dvds, external storage... I want only the local physical hard disks. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: psimoes79
2 Replies

5. AIX

Mount points to hard disks

Hi I am oracle DBA and sometimes need to see on which disks oracle data files are residing . How can we check that . The file system is jfs on aix 5.2.0.0 The method is use is to use mount |grep oracle_dir_name or lsfs mount_point_name command to see what /dev/logical_volume_name is mounted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clifford
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Hard/Transfer errors in disks

Could you please explain us what are these transport/hard errors... when i ran the following command, iostat -E | grep Errors i got the following: sd240 Soft Errors: 37 Hard Errors: 1144 Transport Errors: 0 sd578 Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 890 Transport Errors: 0 Please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sundar3350
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get number of attached hard disks in HP-UX

how do i get the number of attached hard disks in HP-UX (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: achak01
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Determining number of hard disks in the system

Hello to all, what is the command in Solaris/Unix which I can use to determine how many hard disks exist in the system? I have tried with different command such as df -lk and similar but cannot know for sure how many actual disks are installed. Commands like # fdisk -l | grep Disk and #... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mick
14 Replies
cm(5)								File Formats Manual							     cm(5)

NAME
cm - cluster monitor for high availability clusters Remarks Cluster operations require the installation of the optional Serviceguard or Serviceguard Extension for RAC software, which is not included in the standard HP-UX operating system. DESCRIPTION
Serviceguard and Serviceguard Extension for RAC are high availability products which provide an environment such that after a failure of a node, services (applications) can be up and running again on another node within a very short amount of time. In addition, Serviceguard Extension for RAC is the enabling software for the Real Application Clusters (RAC). Working with the basic Serviceguard product, Service- guard Extension for Faster Failover allows configuration of clusters for optimized failover. Commands The following set of commands is used to configure a high availability cluster: cmquerycl(1M) cmmakepkg(1M) cmcheckconf(1M) cmapplyconf(1M) The following commands are used to run or halt a cluster: cmruncl(1M) cmhaltcl(1M) cmrunnode(1M) cmhaltnode(1M) cmviewcl(1M) Once a cluster is formed, the following commands are provided for manual operation on high availability packages: cmrunpkg(1M) cmhaltpkg(1M) cmmodpkg(1M) The following commands are used within a package control script to control the services and networks configured for a package: cmrunserv(1M) cmhaltserv(1M) cmmodnet(1M) A command is provided to aid in migrating from a SwitchOver/UX configuration to a Serviceguard cluster: cmmigrate(1M) This command is not applicable with Serviceguard Extension for RAC. SEE ALSO
Managing Serviceguard. Configuring RAC Clusters with Serviceguard Extension for RAC. Requires Optional Serviceguard Software cm(5)