Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ux2dos script
Operating Systems HP-UX Ux2dos script Post 302989502 by rbatte1 on Friday 13th of January 2017 09:51:01 AM
Old 01-13-2017
We are all here to learn from each other, not just to be a free script writing service.

Whilst I would be happy to help (and the only possible payment would be you pressing the SmilieThanks button) you need to show us what you have tried so far along with the errors so that we can suggest improvements.

There is no point in spoon feeding you an answer that you do not understand and cannot support when you need to adjust it in the future.

If you can't be bothered to try first (no matter how badly wrong it goes) and show us the attempt and the errors, then .........
This User Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ux2dos

I am trying to do a ux2dos to several files. Anyone know the syntax for that ?? Thanks Zapper (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zapper222
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a shell script that calls another script and and an awk script

Hi guys I have a shell script that executes sql statemets and sends the output to a file.the script takes in parameters executes sql and sends the result to an output file. #!/bin/sh echo " $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 isql -w400 -U$2 -S$5 -P$3 << xxx use $4 go print"**Changes to the table... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: magikminox
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script will keep checking running status of another script and also restart called script at night

I am using blow script :-- #!/bin/bash FIND=$(ps -elf | grep "snmp_trap.sh" | grep -v grep) #check snmp_trap.sh is running or not if then # echo "process found" exit 0; else echo "process not found" exec /home/Ketan_r /snmp_trap.sh 2>&1 & disown -h ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling a script from master script to get value from called script

I am trying to call a script(callingscript.sh) from a master script(masterscript.sh) to get string type value from calling script to master script. I have used scripts mentioned below. #masterscript.sh ./callingscript.sh echo $fileExist #callingscript.sh echo "The script is called"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj Roy
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script works fine as a standalone script but not as part of a bigger script

Hello all, I am facing a weird issue while executing a code below - #!/bin/bash cd /wload/baot/home/baotasa0/sandboxes_finance/ext_ukba_bde/pset sh UKBA_publish.sh UKBA 28082015 3 if then echo "Param file conversion for all the areas are completed, please check in your home directory"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektubbe
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to block first bash script until second bash script script launches web server/site?

I'm new to utilities like socat and netcat and I'm not clear if they will do what I need. I have a "compileDeployStartWebServer.sh" script and a "StartBrowser.sh" script that are started by emacs/elisp at the same time in two different processes. I'm using Cygwin bash on Windows 10. My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siegfried
3 Replies
ERROR_REPORTING(3)							 1							ERROR_REPORTING(3)

error_reporting - Sets which PHP errors are reported

SYNOPSIS
int error_reporting ([int $level]) DESCRIPTION
The error_reporting(3) function sets the error_reporting directive at runtime. PHP has many levels of errors, using this function sets that level for the duration (runtime) of your script. If the optional $level is not set, error_reporting(3) will just return the current error reporting level. PARAMETERS
o $level - The new error_reporting level. It takes on either a bitmask, or named constants. Using named constants is strongly encouraged to ensure compatibility for future versions. As error levels are added, the range of integers increases, so older integer-based error levels will not always behave as expected. The available error level constants and the actual meanings of these error levels are described in the predefined constants. RETURN VALUES
Returns the old error_reporting level or the current level if no $level parameter is given. CHANGELOG
+--------+------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+------------------------------------------------+ | 5.4.0 | | | | | | | | | | E_STRICT became part of E_ALL. | | | | | 5.3.0 | | | | | | | | | | E_DEPRECATED and E_USER_DEPRECATED introduced. | | | | | 5.2.0 | | | | | | | | | | E_RECOVERABLE_ERROR introduced. | | | | | 5.0.0 | | | | | | | | | | E_STRICT introduced (not part of E_ALL). | | | | +--------+------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 error_reporting(3) examples <?php // Turn off all error reporting error_reporting(0); // Report simple running errors error_reporting(E_ERROR | E_WARNING | E_PARSE); // Reporting E_NOTICE can be good too (to report uninitialized // variables or catch variable name misspellings ...) error_reporting(E_ERROR | E_WARNING | E_PARSE | E_NOTICE); // Report all errors except E_NOTICE error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE); // Report all PHP errors (see changelog) error_reporting(E_ALL); // Report all PHP errors error_reporting(-1); // Same as error_reporting(E_ALL); ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL); ?> NOTES
Warning Most of E_STRICT errors are evaluated at the compile time thus such errors are not reported in the file where error_reporting is enhanced to include E_STRICT errors (and vice versa). Tip Passing in the value -1 will show every possible error, even when new levels and constants are added in future PHP versions. The E_ALL constant also behaves this way as of PHP 5.4. SEE ALSO
The display_errors directive, The html_errors directive, The xmlrpc_errors directive, ini_set(3). PHP Documentation Group ERROR_REPORTING(3)