Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to send a file in UNIX through email which is created only 15 minutes before the current time? Post 302989407 by vbe on Thursday 12th of January 2017 05:40:27 AM
Old 01-12-2017
please post in adequate room
https://www.unix.com/how-to-post-in-t...-linux-forums/
Is for people with posting issues
thanks
Post moved

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I create a file with current time - 60 minutes

I'm using k-shell in unix and I want to create a file with the current system time - 60 minutes. I know I can use touch to create the file, but I'm having trouble specifying how tell it to use the current time less 60 minutes. Any ideas??? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DaveyTN
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adding # minutes to current time...

Hi all, Looking for a way to add lets say 10 minutes to the current time output should look like 7:15 AM or 7:15 PM. I know that gdate could do this for me but unfortunately its not available on the system I'm working on. So if any one know any way I can accomplish this using the date command it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gptavares
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i search a file which has been created or modified in last five minutes

Hi Can some one please help me How can i search a file which has been created or modified in last five minutes I have used the command find . -mmin -5 and it does not work i get an error -mmin is bad option Please help Much regards Tarun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarundeepdhawan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send email once a day at certain time in unix shell script

hi, i have to send an email once a day at ceratin time say 22. i have tried with date commad, but not working.:( HOUROFTHEDAY=`date +'%H'` if ; then mailx -s "Info" emailid@org.com < $ProcessStatisticsFile fi Please help me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreelu
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding hours and minutes to current date (Only to date not to time)

Hi, I want to add some hours and minutes to the current date. For example, if the current date is "July 16, 2012 15:20", i want to add 5 hours 30 minutes to "July 16, 2012 00:00" not to "July 16, 2012 15:20". Please help. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojgarg
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check how many minutes ago the last file created

Hi , I need help in getting how many minutes ago the last file, matching some pattern in file name, was created in a folder. Thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anupam_Halder
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract logs between the current time and the last 15 minutes ?

I want to extract the logs between the current time stamp and 15 minutes before and sent an email to the people configured. I developed the below script but it's not working properly; can someone help me?? I have a log file containing this pattern: Constructor QuartzJob ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: puneetkhullar
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check file creation Time minutes and if file older then 5 minutes execute some stuff

Hello all, Info: System RedHat 7.5 I need to create a script that based on the creation time, if the file is older then 5 minutes then execute some stuff, if not exit. I thought to get the creation time and minutes like this. CreationTime=$(stat -c %y /tmp/test.log | awk -F" " '{ print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find if create time of last created file in a directory is older than 5 minutes

A process xyz is running and creating file1, file2, file3, .... filen. how do i know if the process has stopped and createtime of the last file (filen) is older than 5 minutes? OS is AIX (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

rsync a file as it gets created and after 3 minutes old

- run a backup job - The jobs creates partial files one after the other, about 2 minutes interval. What i want to do is that while the job is still running or while a file was last modified or created 3 minutes ago, the file should be rsync to a remote server untill the last file has been... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaika
4 Replies
SCRIPT-EMAIL(8) 					  System Administration Commands					   SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)

NAME
script-email - Amanda script to send email notifications DESCRIPTION
script-email is an Amanda script implementing the Script API. It should not be run by users directly. It sends a notification email to the addresses specified in the MAILTO property. PROPERTIES
This section lists the properties that control script-email's functionality. See amanda-scripts(7) for information on the Script API, script configuration. MAILTO List of email addresses that will receive an email on command execution. It is a multi-valued property: property "MAILTO" "amanda@domain.com" "sysadmin@domain.com" "amandauser@domain.com" EXAMPLE
In this example, script-email is scheduled to be run before the DLE, on the server. The unqualified email address amanda will be passed to the email system unchanged. The script is then attached to a dumptype, which can then be specified for any DLEs which require notification. define script-tool pre-email { comment "email me before this DLE is backed up" plugin "script-email" execute-on pre-dle-backup execute-where server property "mailto" "amanda" } define dumptype user-tar-email { user-tar script "pre-email" } SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amanda.conf(5), amanda-client.conf(5), amanda-scripts(7) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHORS
Jean-Louis Martineau <martineau@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Dustin J. Mitchell <dustin@zmanda.com> Zmanda, Inc. (http://www.zmanda.com) Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 SCRIPT-EMAIL(8)