Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Corresponding Spacewalk/Satellite versions? Post 302989382 by akbar on Wednesday 11th of January 2017 11:31:57 PM
Old 01-12-2017
Corresponding Spacewalk/Satellite versions?

Can anyone point me towards a list that shows which Satellite versions roughly align with which Spacewalk versions, in terms of functionality?

Thanks in advance,
Akbar.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Spacewalk. Problem with adding the channel

OS: Fedora Linux 11 Spacewalk: 0.6 Installed by manual: https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/HowToInstall I download special script (create_channel.py) for registarion client from CLI and added 3 channel with 32-Bit architecture and all OK: Fedora 11 32-Bit RHEL 4.7 32-bit RHEL 5.3... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

RHN - Proxy, satellite etc. How do you update you servers?

Hi, I'd like to know more about RHN and their RHN PROXY. - If I will buy PROXY, do I need to get licenses for all my RHELs to have them updated? What are benefits of proxy? - If I will buy (doubt it) Satellite, will I be able to connect all my boxes to Satellite and have them upgraded... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: columb
5 Replies

3. Red Hat

Can you configure Dell KACE to point to a RH Satellite?

Wild shot in the dark as both are exactly ubiquitous technologies, but here it goes: Anybody have any experience using a Dell KACE to PXE boot to a Red Hat Satellite kickstart install? I've set up the kickstart by itself before but I'm not sure there's a way to configure the KACE so that it will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thmnetwork
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with spacewalk

Hi, Recently i have installed and configured spacewalk server 2.0 on centos 6 for learning and got struck at a couple of places as below apart 1. i wish to automatically deploy the central configuration files onto the spacewalk client without manual intervention after using the kickstart... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phanidhar6039
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Need help to setup Spacewalk

Hello, I am working onto setup a spacewalk as our centralized repository and kickstart server for our all centos servers. We have almost 60-70 servers running inhouse which all are on CentOS 5 or 6 x64. I am able to setup a spacewalk server on CentOS 6.5 x64 and able to access the console as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnysthakur
5 Replies

6. Proxy Server

RedHat Satellite server - Setting up HP Repository

Hi all, We have been using Satellite to patch our RedHat servers for a while but up until recently these have only been virtual machines. Now we have a requirement to install a few physicals and I am trying to setup a sync a custom channel for the HP reository. Our setup is that the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wayned
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Email notification is not working in spacewalk

Hi, I am using spacewalk tool ( Linux systems management solution ). I have configured probe notification and notification method in spacewalk. But I am not getting the notification mail. Checked the /var/log/maillog and the error message as follows, Dec 11 17:01:11 spserver... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nila
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Redhat Offline enviroment with satellite and sync host

Hello, we got a high security network which is completely offline. We want to use a Sync Host like described here in the Redhat documentation for Sattelite 6. I have the following Questions: - We need the complete Repository not only the main one how much space we need for this ? - Can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: izual
2 Replies
SPACEWALK-CHANNEL(8)						   Red Hat, Inc.					      SPACEWALK-CHANNEL(8)

NAME
spacewalk-channel - Subscribe to or unsubscribe system from channel. SYNOPSIS
spacewalk-channel [options] DESCRIPTION
spacewalk-channel allows you to subscribe to and unsubscribe from specified channels via the command line. A visit to the "Spacewalk Server", "Red Hat Satellite" or "Red Hat Network Classic" website isn't required. OPTIONS
-l, --list Print a list of channel(s) that you are currently subscribed to. -b, --base Print a base channel that you are currently subscribed to. -L, --available-channels Print a list of all available child channels. -a, --add You are subscribing system to given channel(s). You have to specify --user and --password. -r, --remove You are unsubscribing system to given channel(s). You have to specify --user and --password. -u, --user Your username used to register the system with and for Red Hat Network Classic, Red Hat Satellite or Spacewalk. If you do not enter this option and it is required, you will be prompted. -p, --password The password associated with the username specified with the --user option. This is an unencrypted password. If you do not enter this option and it is required, you will be prompted. -c, --channel Label of channel you want to subscribe to or unsubscribe from. Can be specified multiple times. -v, --verbose Print out successfull action. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. NOTE
The addition and removal of channels is mutually exclusive, please use the command twice. EXAMPLES
Subscribe to two channels: spacewalk-channel --add -c rhn-tools-rhel-i386-server-5 -c rhel-i386-server-vt-5 --user username --password password Unsubscribe from channel: spacewalk-channel --remove -c rhn-tools-rhel-i386-server-5 -c rhel-i386-server-vt-5 --user username --password password List subscribed channels: spacewalk-channel --list SEE ALSO
rhnplugin(8), rhn_register(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
Miroslav Suchy <msuchy@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009-2010 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2010 August 30 SPACEWALK-CHANNEL(8)