Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Help with Linux linking error Post 302989173 by Corona688 on Monday 9th of January 2017 11:07:17 AM
Old 01-09-2017
The -b and -G options probably meant something completely different wherever this code came from, so I would look up what they meant on your old system. If they're not anything crucial, you can probably just delete them.

On GNU Linux, ld's -b parameter should be followed with a binary executable format, such as elf64-x86-64, and -G is an optimization option which is supposed to be followed by a size related to MIPS register mapping.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Linking problem while linking to shared library

Hi I'm getting ld: fatal: option -h and building a dynamic executable are incompatible ld: fatal: Flags processing errors When I run ld -shared -L/usr/dt/lib -lDtSvc -o builtin.so Workspace.o after running gcc -fPIC -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/dt/include -c Workspace.c I'm... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: laho
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Link error while linking a shared library in unix

Getting the following error , ld: /opt/syncsort39/lib/libsyncsort.sl: Mismatched ABI. 64-bit PA shared library found in 32-bit link. Is there any difference in the ld options in opt file while linking a 64 bit shared library ? Or is the problem because we are trying to link both 32 bit and 64... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
3 Replies

3. Programming

dynamic linking

Hi, Could any one tell me solution for this. i have a library in my /usr/lib and latest in /myhome/lib/ (thay differ functionality symbols my application uses symbols from latest lib). when compile and link my application , every thing goes fine but when running the application ld... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raom
4 Replies

4. Programming

Sun Studio C++ - Getting error in linking std::ostream &std::ostream::operator<<(std:

Hello all Im using CC: Sun C++ 5.6 2004/07/15 and using the -library=stlport4 when linkning im getting The fallowing error : Undefined first referenced symbol in file std::ostream &std::ostream::operator<<(std::ios_base&(*)(std::ios_base&))... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
0 Replies

5. Solaris

linking in solaris9

at the end of the compilation in solaris 9. it is showing link error. like..... ld: fatal: library -lgthread-2.0 not found failed to create the binary the library is in /usr/lib and in /usr/local/lib the lib file is present --->libgthread.2.0.so ......etc if i remove... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: biswajithit
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is linking possible?

how would i link 2 files together? is it the same as copying? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trob
1 Replies

7. Programming

Linking Linux Driver written in C with ASM module

Hi, I have got sample linux driver written in C. I got also some assembly code, compiled into .o file (using as compiler). In my Makefile I got: obj-m += someDriver.o someDriver-objs := CFile1.o CFile2.o ASMFile.o default: $(MAKE) -C $(KDIR) SUBDIRS=$(PWD) modulesUnfortunatelly I cannot... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
0 Replies

8. Programming

C program multiple definition error during linking time

Hi, I have the following files: // file.hvoid foo(); int i = 5; // should be just declared as extern int i; // file1.c#include <stdio.h> #include "file.h" void foo() { i = 10; printf("%d\n", i); } // file2.c#include <stdio.h> #include "file.h" int main() { foo(); (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
9 Replies

9. Programming

C++ Linking Error: invalid DSO for symbol

I am on a FreeBSD system trying to build a piece of software that I wrote. I had built it in the past but recently reinstalled FreeBSD. I am not sure what is going on. The software depends on and wxgtk2.8. Using g++: $ make g++ -c `wx-config --cxxflags`... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: AntumDeluge
9 Replies
APR-1-CONFIG(1) 						   User Commands						   APR-1-CONFIG(1)

NAME
apr-1-config - Return metainformation about apr library SYNOPSIS
apr-1-config [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The apr-1-config program is used to retrieve information about the apr library in the system. It is typically used to compile and link against the library. When linking with libtool, an application should do something like: APR_LIBS="`apr-1-config --link-libtool --libs`" or when linking directly: APR_LIBS="`apr-1-config --link-ld --libs`" An application should use the results of --cflags, --cppflags, --includes, and --ldflags in their build process. OPTIONS
Known values for OPTION are: --prefix[=DIR] change prefix to DIR --bindir print location where binaries are installed --includedir print location where headers are installed --cc print C compiler name --cpp print C preprocessor name and any required options --cflags print C compiler flags --cppflags print C preprocessor flags --includes print include information --ldflags print linker flags --libs print additional libraries to link against --srcdir print APR source directory --installbuilddir print APR build helper directory --link-ld print link switch(es) for linking to APR --link-libtool print the libtool inputs for linking to APR --shlib-path-var print the name of the shared library path env var --apr-la-file print the path to the .la file, if available --apr-so-ext print the extensions of shared objects on this platform --apr-lib-target print the libtool target information --apr-libtool print the path to APR's libtool --version print the APR's version as a dotted triple --help print the help AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Vincent Danjean <Vincent.Danjean@ens-lyon.org> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). apr-1-config 1.2.2 March 2006 APR-1-CONFIG(1)