Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Removing characters from beginning of multiple files Post 302989142 by israr75 on Monday 9th of January 2017 05:24:58 AM
Old 01-09-2017
hi matrixmadhan,

Thank you so much for quick response. If I run this will it only do fir single file or will it for the batch?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing M^ from multiple files

to do this i usually type dos2unix <file> -o <file> and this will remove the M^ from the end of each file. well i have over 100 files that someone copied that i need. how do i remove the M^. i saw a perl script but i am not familiar with .pl at all really (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing from beginning to first : using awk

A have a file npt02-sr40-syn-dc0p014-32x24drw.log:0. Best Value = 0.00144914 npt02-sr40-syn-dc0p014-32x24drw.log:1. Best Value = 0.00115706 npt02-sr40-syn-dc0p014-32x24drw.log:2. Best Value = 0.00094345 npt02-sr40-syn-dc0p014-32x24drw.log:3. Best Value = 0.000925552... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing Lines Shared by Multiple Files

Hey everyone, I have a question about comparing two files. I have two lists of files. The first list, todo.csv, lists a series of compounds my supervisor wants me to perform calculations on. The second list, done.csv, lists a series of compounds that I have already performed calculations on.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stuart Ness
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing one or more blank characters from beginning of a line

Hi, I was trying to remove the blank from beginning of a line. when I try: sed 's/^ +//' filename it does not work but when I try sed 's/^ *//' filename it works But I think the first command should have also replaced any line with one or more blanks. Kindly help me in understanding... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: babom
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append Multiple files with file name in the beginning of line

Hi, I have multiple files having many lines like as bvelow: file Name a.txt abc def def xyz 123 5678 file Name b.txt abc def def xyz 123 5678 I would like to append files in the below format to a new file: file Name c.txt (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rramkrishnas
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing hyphen from beginning and end of a word only.

It is very simple to remove a hyphen from a word anywhere in that word using a simple sed command (sed -i 's/-//g' filename), but I am not able to figure out how to do this: For example, apple -orange tree pipe- banana-shake dupe- What my output should look like: apple orange tree... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming Multiple Files by removing characters

Hi I would like to rename Multiple files in a Unix Directory using Ksh Command. Eg ATT8-2011-10-01 00:00:00-MSA-IMM-SINGLE_AND_FAMILY_COVERAGE-DED-$2000-X114817.PDF needs to be renamed as ATT8-2011-10-01-MSA-IMM-SINGLE_AND_FAMILY_COVERAGE-DED-$2000-X114817.PDF Basically the time... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchegoor
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing carriage returns from multiple lines in multiple files of different number of columns

Hello Gurus, I have a multiple pipe separated files which have records going over multiple Lines. End of line separator is \n and records going over multiple lines have <CR> as separator. below is example from one file. 1|ABC DEF|100|10 2|PQ RS T|200|20 3| UVWXYZ|300|30 4| GHIJKL|400|40... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dJHa
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing a ? from multiple files

Hi all, I have about 1.8 million files in a directory structre, that contain a ? on the end, for example: /testdocs/1/mar/08/08/images/user/{1234-1234-1234-1234}0? Is there a way to go through the testdocs folder, recursively, and remove the ? from all docs that have one on the end? ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirmUK
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting text on multiple lines, then removing a beginning and end patterns

I have a file similar to the below. I am selecting only the paragraphs with @inlineifset. I am using the following command sed '/@inlineifset/,/^ *$/!d; s/@inlineifset{mrg, @btpar{@//' $flnm >> $ofln This produces @section Correlations between seismograms,,,,}} ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Danette
5 Replies
queuedefs(4)							   File Formats 						      queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.10 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)