Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to split file using multiple deliminators Post 302988878 by RavinderSingh13 on Wednesday 4th of January 2017 10:37:55 AM
Old 01-04-2017
Hello cmccabe,

Sorry didn't get you, is your output requirement is not the very first post one? As I could see your second post is having different output expected, kindly enlighten us all for this.

Thanks,
R. Singh
This User Gave Thanks to RavinderSingh13 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split a file with no pattern -- Split, Csplit, Awk

I have gone through all the threads in the forum and tested out different things. I am trying to split a 3GB file into multiple files. Some files are even larger than this. For example: split -l 3000000 filename.txt This is very slow and it splits the file with 3 million records in each... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

split a file into multiple files

Hi All, I have a file ABC.txt and I need to split this file on every 250 rows. And the file name should be ABC1.txt , ABC2.txt and so on. I tried with split command split -l 250 <filename> '<filename>' but the file name returned was ABC.txtaa ABC.txtab. Please... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar66
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split line to multiple files Awk/Sed/Shell Script help

Hi, I need help to split lines from a file into multiple files. my input look like this: 13 23 45 45 6 7 33 44 55 66 7 13 34 5 6 7 87 45 7 8 8 9 13 44 55 66 77 8 44 66 88 99 6 I want to split every 3 lines from this file to be written to individual files. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saint2006
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file into multiple files

Hi I have a file that has multiple sequences; the sequence name is the line starting with '>'. It looks like below: infile.txt: >HE_ER tttggtgccttgactcggattgggggacctcccttgggagatcaatcccctgtcctcctgctctttgctc cgtgaaaaggatccacctatgacctctagtcctcagacccaccagcccaaggaacatctcaccaatttca >M7B_Ho_sap... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdhahbi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk multiple deliminators

I'm going through a list of files CLINK_0.fits CLINK_1.fits ... CLINK_11.fits and I want to grab the number. Since the number goes from single to double digits, I can't use fix widths. Currently, I'm using an ugly work around of echo $x | awk -F_ '{print $2}' | awk -F. '{print $1}' but I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: protargol
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to split file into multiple files using awk based on 1 field in the file?

Good day all I need some helps, say that I have data like below, each field separated by a tab DATE NAME ADDRESS 15/7/2012 LX a.b.c 15/7/2012 LX1 a.b.c 16/7/2012 AB a.b.c 16/7/2012 AB2 a.b.c 15/7/2012 LX2 a.b.c... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexyyw
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script to split file into multiple files based on many columns

So I have a space delimited file that I'd like to split into multiple files based on multiple column values. This is what my data looks like 1bc9A02 1 10 1000 FTDLNLVQALRQFLWSFRLPGEAQKIDRMMEAFAQRYCQCNNGVFQSTDTCYVLSFAIIMLNTSLHNPNVKDKPTVERFIAMNRGINDGGDLPEELLRNLYESIKNEPFKIPELEHHHHHH 1ku1A02 1 10... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: viored
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split a big file into multiple files using awk

this thread is a continuation from previous thread https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/223901-split-big-file-into-multiple-files-based-first-four-characters.html ..I am using awk to split file and I have a syntax error while executing the below code I am using AIX 7.2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: etldev
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split file into multiple files using awk

I have following file: FHEAD0000000001RTLG20161205110959201612055019 THEAD...... TCUST..... TITEM.... TTEND... TTAIL... THEAD...... TCUST..... TITEM.... TITEM..... TTEND... TTAIL... FTAIL<number of lines in file- 10 digits;prefix 0><number of lines in file-2 - 10 digits- perfix 0>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitdaf
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk to split field twice using two deliminators

In the awk I am splitting on the : into array a, then splitting on the - into element b. I can not seem to duplicate b if there is no - after it. Lines 1,2,4 are examples. If there is a - after the number in b then the value to the right of it is $3 in the ouput. Thank you :). awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies
post(3FORM)															       post(3FORM)

NAME
post - write or erase forms from associated subwindows SYNOPSIS
#include <form.h> int post_form(FORM *form); int unpost_form(FORM *form); DESCRIPTION
The function post_form displays a form to its associated subwindow. To trigger physical display of the subwindow, use refresh or some equivalent curses routine (the implicit doupdate triggered by an curses input request will do). The function unpost_form erases form from its associated subwindow. RETURN VALUE
These routines return one of the following: E_OK The routine succeeded. E_BAD_ARGUMENT Routine detected an incorrect or out-of-range argument. E_BAD_STATE Routine was called from an initialization or termination function. E_NOT_POSTED The form has not been posted. E_NOT_CONNECTED No items are connected to the form. E_NO_ROOM Form is too large for its window. E_POSTED The form has already been posted. E_SYSTEM_ERROR System error occurred (see errno). SEE ALSO
ncurses(3NCURSES), form(3FORM). NOTES
The header file <form.h> automatically includes the header file <curses.h>. PORTABILITY
These routines emulate the System V forms library. They were not supported on Version 7 or BSD versions. AUTHORS
Juergen Pfeifer. Manual pages and adaptation for new curses by Eric S. Raymond. post(3FORM)