Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to remove CLOSE_WAIT in Solaris 5.10? Post 302988850 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 3rd of January 2017 10:07:54 PM
Old 01-03-2017
This can also be the result - on an oracle server - of the the client server having problems.
Users can close an oracle forms screen with the 'X' at the top right. It stops the owner process, the co-process that is owned by user=oracle on the client server does not disconnect correctly. This is a known bug in oracle 9i for example. jlliagre's ndd solution is a good workaround, if in fact this is oracle. The cure is a software update for your client servers.

The reason I believe this is an oracle problem is the 49152 port - oracle uses this for client connections.
This User Gave Thanks to jim mcnamara For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

remove CLOSE_WAIT connections

Hi folks. I have a problem that I need to remove CLOSE_WAIT connections. On AIX version 5.x, I can use rmsock command. Is there a similar command on Solaris ? Is there an other solution for this situation ? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Livio
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

clear CLOSE_WAIT status

Hi, I have an application with a bug in it that keeps sockets in CLOSE_WAIT, which eventually freezes the server because the user account it runs under runs out of file handles. We have the bug fixed but can only release the fix with the next release. Does anyone know how I can clear the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

close_wait connections causing a server to hung

Hi Guys, Just wondering if anyone of you have been in a situation where you end up having around 100 close_wait connections and seems to me those connections are locking up resources/processes in the server so unless the server is rebooted those processes won't be released by the close_wait... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hariza
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hitting with custom port in CLOSE_WAIT state for long time in solaris 10

Hi, Occasionally I am getting the port state in CLOSE_WAIT for long time in the solaris server. I am not sure is it application problem or not. Because we are using port 9009 for Tomcat process in our web application, some time when I start the application, the port 9009 is in CLOSE_WAIT... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgmk.84
0 Replies

5. Solaris

CLOSE_WAIT problem in solaris server

Hi, Occasionally I am getting the port state in CLOSE_WAIT for long time in the solaris server. I am not sure is it application problem or not. Because we are using port 9009 for Tomcat process in our web application, some time when I start the application, the port 9009 is in CLOSE_WAIT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgmk.84
2 Replies

6. Solaris

How to remove CLOSE_WAIT in Solaris

Hi, We are using a application which uses port in CLOSE_WAIT Status. netstat -an|grep 9191 192.168.32.11.9191 192.168.32.11.54562 49152 0 49152 0 CLOSE_WAIT 192.168.32.11.9191 192.168.32.11.54564 49152 0 49152 0 CLOSE_WAIT 192.168.32.11.9191 192.168.32.11.54568 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: helplineinc
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Too many CLOSE_WAIT connections

Hi, I am running JBOSS 6 ona RHEL5 server put it continuously crashes due to the number of CLOSE_WAIT connections on port 8080. How can I kill the several hundred CLOSE_WAIT connections without killing the actual live "LISTENING" connection? R, D. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

stuck in CLOSE_WAIT Solaris 10 - Patch and workaround

Solaris 10 Sparc: When you got a connection locking a tcp/port, and the status is CLOSE_WAIT (for ever :wall:), you just use the tcpdrop, to close the connection. This is a OS bug. I wrote the bug id bellow: BUG-ID 6468753 connections stuck in CLOSE_WAIT The patch that's correct the bug:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thiagofborn
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminate processes for CLOSE_WAIT status of TCP

Hello Friends, First of all im sorry for spending extra space in DB of forum with this thread, i know there would be a solution if i kept searching, I need to terminate the process which causes CLOSE_WAIT status of TCP connection via port 8103: -bash-3.00$ netstat -na | grep 8103... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
3 Replies

10. AIX

How to repair a TCP/IP socket in state: CLOSE_WAIT?

Hi The clients connect to my server -using port 9130. But no client could connect to my server at this time. I've checked already and this is the result netstat -Aan|grep -v 127.0.0.1|grep 9130|pg f10006000abcb398 tcp4 10313 0 10.0.89.81.9130 10.158.70.24.1705 CLOSE_WAIT... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
8 Replies
CHING(6)							   Games Manual 							  CHING(6)

NAME
ching, fortune - the book of changes and other cookies SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/ching [ hexagram ] /usr/games/fortune DESCRIPTION
The I Ching or Book of Changes is an ancient Chinese oracle that has been in use for centuries as a source of wisdom and advice. The text of the oracle (as it is sometimes known) consists of sixty-four hexagrams, each symbolized by a particular arrangement of six straight (---) and broken (- -) lines. These lines have values ranging from six through nine, with the even values indicating the broken lines. Each hexagram consists of two major sections. The Judgement relates specifically to the matter at hand (E.g., "It furthers one to have somewhere to go.") while the Image describes the general attributes of the hexagram and how they apply to one's own life ("Thus the supe- rior man makes himself strong and untiring."). When any of the lines have the values six or nine, they are moving lines; for each there is an appended judgement which becomes signifi- cant. Furthermore, the moving lines are inherently unstable and change into their opposites; a second hexagram (and thus an additional judgement) is formed. Normally, one consults the oracle by fixing the desired question firmly in mind and then casting a set of changes (lines) using yarrow-stalks or tossed coins. The resulting hexagram will be the answer to the question. Using an algorithm suggested by S. C. Johnson, the Unix oracle simply reads a question from the standard input (up to an EOF) and hashes the individual characters in combination with the time of day, process id and any other magic numbers which happen to be lying around the system. The resulting value is used as the seed of a random number generator which drives a simulated coin-toss divination. The answer is then piped through nroff for formatting and will appear on the standard output. For those who wish to remain steadfast in the old traditions, the oracle will also accept the results of a personal divination using, for example, coins. To do this, cast the change and then type the resulting line values as an argument. The impatient modern may prefer to settle for Chinese cookies; try fortune. SEE ALSO
It furthers one to see the great man. DIAGNOSTICS
The great prince issues commands, Founds states, vests families with fiefs. Inferior people should not be employed. BUGS
Waiting in the mud Brings about the arrival of the enemy. If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune. CHING(6)