Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 installing on Cisco UCS doesn't see HBAs Post 302988834 by jnojr on Tuesday 3rd of January 2017 12:27:00 PM
Old 01-03-2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by achenle
What's the output from running scanpci?
It does show two entries like:

Code:
pci bus 0x000a cardnum 0x00 function 0x00: vendor 0x1137 device 0x0045
 Cisco Systems Inc VIC FCoE HBA

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Connect Solaris 10 to NetApp filer using Emulex single port HBAs.

Hi, I'm connecting a Solaris 10 server to a Netapp filer with two single port Emulex (Sun StorageTek PCI-X Enterprise 4GB FC HBA) HBAs. After physically installing both these HBAs what do I ned to do within Solaris 10 to enable them and configure them with persistent bindings. Do I need... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwhelan
6 Replies

2. Slackware

latex-ucs

Hi! I am using Slackware 12.1 and I have a question regarding LaTeX. I am trying to use the package ucs, so that I can write in greek, but with no success. In Debian there is a package latex-ucs.deb that does the trick. Is there something similar in Slackware? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kerb41
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl variables inside Net::Telnet::Cisco Module doesn't work

I am writing perl script to configure Cisco device but Variables inside Net::Telnet::Cisco Module doesn't work and passed to device without resolving. Please advise. here is a sample of script: use Net::Telnet::Cisco; $device = "10.14.199.1"; ($o1, $o2, $o3, $o4) = split(/\./,$device);... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmed_zaher
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Connecting Solaris 10 to Cisco PIX with IPsec tunnel

I having problem connecting to a Cisco PIX Log from IKE # /usr/lib/inet/in.iked -f /etc/inet/ike/config -d Jan 16 00:40:57: 2012 (+0800) *** in.iked started *** Jan 16 00:40:57: Loading configuration... Jan 16 00:40:57: Checking lifetimes in "nullrule" Jan 16 00:40:57: Using default value... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: conandor
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

UCS installation issues

I am installing RHEL6 on a Cisco UCS blade and the GUI isn't showing up. Curious!!!!! I have installed it on 5 of the other blades and the GUI is there. However, there are many issues that I am having and I am going crazy with this thing. I have issues where the network adapters are not showing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: styehimba
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

How to stack Cisco 2960-S and Cisco 2960X?

Is there an easy way to stack Cisco 2960-S and Cisco 2960X switches? If you have no idea, follow this: 1. Stacking is not supported on switches running the LAN Lite image. All switches in the stack must be running the LAN Base image. 2. In a mixed stack of Catalyst 2960-X and Catalyst 2960-S... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaerlee
0 Replies
hbaapi_fc3_mgmt_fns(3C) 												   hbaapi_fc3_mgmt_fns(3C)

NAME
hbaapi_fc3_mgmt_fns: HBA_SendCTPassThru(), HBA_GetEventBuffer(), HBA_SetRNIDMgmtInfo(), HBA_GetRNIDMgmtInfo(), HBA_SendRNID() - Fibre Chan- nel SNIA HBA APIs for handling FC-3 management functions SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The manpage covers the following Fibre Channel Storage Network Industry Association Host Bus Adapter APIs. This function sends a CT pass through frame. An HBA should decode this request as per routing the CT frame in a fabric according to the field within the CT frame. The argument handle is of type (refer to and is obtained through a call to The argument ptr_req_buffer is a pointer to the buffer which contains the CT request. The argument req_buffer_size corresponds to the size of the buffer which contains the CT request. The argument ptr_rsp_buffer is a pointer to the buffer which receives the response data. The argument rsp_buffer_size corresponds to the size of the buffer which receives the response information. This function applies only to an HBA connected in a public loop or fabric topology. This function removes and returns the next events from the HBA's event queue. The number of events returned will be the lesser of the value of argument EventCount at call and the number of entries available in the event queue. This provides a simple polled interface to a basic set of HBA-detected events. An improved method of notification is intended for an early subsequent version of this API. The event queue's internal implementation is not constrained but its behavior is a circular queue of event records (structure refer to that represent either RSCN, link status, or other events. Event records are added as events occur and removed in order of occurrence as any application gets them. The size of the queue is implementation dependent. If the queue becomes full, then any newly added records will replace the oldest records, causing the older records to be lost. If multiple applications make overlapping sequences of calls, the available events will each be delivered to only one of the applications. The exact distribution is not predictable, but the sequence of events delivered to any application will still be strictly in order of event occurrence. The argument handle is of type (refer to and is obtained through a call to The argument event_buffer is a pointer to a buffer to receive events. The argument event_count corresponds to the number of event records in the buffer to receive events. It is set to the size (in event records) of the buffer for receiving events on call, and returned as the number of events actually delivered. 1. The arrival of an RSCN ELS will be treated as a separate event for each "Affected N-Port ID Page" carried by the RSCN. 2. This function is currently not supported by the HP SNIA vendor library implementation and will return when called. This function sets the RNID (Request Node Identification Information Data) returned from the HBA. For further information see Request Node Identification Data (RNID) section of and look for the topic The argument handle is of type (see and is obtained through a call to The argument info is a pointer to a management information structure of type This function is currently not supported by the HP SNIA vendor library implementation and will return when called. Returns the RNID (Request Node Identification Information Data) from the HBA. For further information see section in the and check for the topic The argument handle is of type (refer to and is obtained through a call to The argument ptr_info is pointer to buffer of type Data in this buffer when available is in Big Endian format. This function is currently not supported by the HP SNIA vendor library implementation and will return when called. Issues an ELS RNID (Request Node Identification Data) to another node in format 0xDF (Topology Discovery Specific Node Identification Data). For further information see the section in the and look for the topic The argument handle is of (refer to type and is obtained through a call to The argument wwn corresponds to the Port WWN of a device's name. The argument wwn_type has been deprecated. The argument ptr_rsp_buffer is a pointer to a response buffer in Big Endian format. The argument rsp_buffer_size is set to length of when calling this function. On return, this argument contains the size of data written to This function is currently not supported by the HP SNIA vendor library implementation and will return when called. RETURN VALUES
and return the following values: On success. An internal library or system error is detected. The library is busy processing a call that cannot be executed concurrently with other calls and may be modifying internal data structures. The handle passed to this function is invalid. Any of the pointer passed to this function is NULL. The adapter to which the handle corresponds is not available. returns: In addition to the above listed errors, when the response buffer is not large enough to hold the complete response. returns: In addition to the above listed errors, when the World Wide Name (WWN) argument passed by the user is invalid. EXAMPLE
HBA_SendCTPassThru() unsigned char test_ct_command[24] = { /* GA_NXT CT command (with zoning) */ 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0xFC, 0x02, 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 }; HBA_STATUS status; HBA_UINT32 numberofadapters; char adaptername[256]; HBA_HANDLE adapterhandle; unsigned char test_ct_output[4096]; memset (test_ct_output, 0, sizeof (test_ct_output)); status = HBA_SendCTPassThru (adapterhandle, test_ct_command, sizeof (test_ct_command), test_ct_output, sizeof (test_ct_output)); if (status == HBA_STATUS_OK) { printf ("HBA_SendCTPassThru with Zoning - HBA_STATUS_OK "); printf ("HBA_SendCTPassThru - successful "); } else { printf ("HBA_SendCTPassThru - Failed "); } HBA_GetEventBuffer() HBA_UINT32 event_count = 10; if ((status = HBA_GetEventBuffer(adapterhandle, &event_buffer, &event_count)) == HBA_STATUS_OK) { printf("success in HBA_GetEventBuffer "); } else printf("error in HBA_GetEventBuffer "); HBA_SetRNIDMgmtInfo() if ((status = HBA_SetRNIDMgmtInfo(adapterhandle, &info)) == HBA_STATUS_OK) { printf("success in HBA_SetRNIDMgmtInfo "); } else printf("error in HBA_SetRNIDMgmtInfo "); HBA_GetRNIDMgmtInfo() if ((status = HBA_GetRNIDMgmtInfo(adapterhandle, &info)) == HBA_STATUS_OK) { printf("success in HBA_GetRNIDMgmtInfo "); } else printf("error in HBA_GetRNIDMgmtInfo "); HBA_SendRNID() if ((status = HBA_SendRNID(adapterhandle, wwn, wwntype, resp_buffer, sizeof(resp_buffer))) == HBA_STATUS_OK) { printf("success in HBA_SendRNID "); } else printf("error in HBA_SendRNID "); FILES
Contains the related data structures and definitions as in AUTHOR
These APIs were developed by Hewlett-Packard Company. SEE ALSO
HBAAPI(3C), HBA_GetVersion(3C), HBA_LoadLibrary(3C), HBA_FreeLibrary(3C), HBA_GetNumberOfAdapters(3C), HBA_GetAdapterName(3C), HBA_Ope- nAdapter(3C), HBA_CloseAdapter(3C), HBA_GetAdapterAttributes(3C), HBA_GetAdapterPortAttributes(3C), HBA_GetPortStatistics(3C), HBA_GetDis- coveredPortAttributes(3C), HBA_GetPortAttributesByWWN(3C), HBA_GetFcpTargetMapping(3C), HBA_GetFcpPersistentBinding(3C), HBA_SendScsiIn- quiry(3C), HBA_SendReportLUNs(3C), HBA_SendReadCapacity(3C), HBA_RefreshInformation(3C), HBA_ResetStatistics(3C). hbaapi_fc3_mgmt_fns(3C)