Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding all Oracle SW installations on a host Post 302988717 by RudiC on Sunday 1st of January 2017 05:32:33 AM
Old 01-01-2017
If there are multiple installs, you might start with querying the package manager. For APT, try dpkg -l, perhaps piped into a grep -i ORACLE or similar / adequate keywords.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

QNX host cannot ping SCO host, vice versa

The problem I am facing now is that the QNX host could not ping the SCO host and vice versa. They are in the same domain, ie, 172.20.3.xx. As I am very new to Unix, I guess I must have missed out some important steps. Pls help... Thanx alot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavon
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Network Installations of Solaris

First off, I'm pretty new to Solaris, although I know Windows very well. I have a mixed Wintel, Linux and SPARC/Solaris environment and am looknig for a way to make short work of installing Solaris. I know there is a network booting option and there are the WebStart (configurable) and JumpStart... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BeekerC
1 Replies

3. Linux

external dvdrw installations

Hello all, Please can someone assist? I am attempting to install an external dvdrw on fedora 6. I attach the dvdrw device to the USB port and run dmesg: scsi2 : SCSI emulation for USB Mass Storage devices usb-storage: device found at 4 usb-storage: waiting for device to settle before... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chlawren
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

Multiple Perl installations on HP-UX

This will undoubtedly seem like a problem that should be easily resolved but... We are having some 'issues' getting multiple versions of Perl installed on our HP-UX servers (11.11 & 11.23). Now, I'm not a Sys Admin but I believe the reason behind this is that the Perl installation which comes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Macer
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Packages installations on my servor

Hello everybody, I'd like to install several important packages on my servor like for instance, man pages package.. I found a .tar.gz package of man pages. So, after to do "gtar zxvf name_of_file.tar.gz" I can access on the folder "name_of_file" (by cd name_of_file). Then, I read on my readme... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MasterapocA
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help! How to find the local host after few ssh hops to remote host???

I do a ssh to remote host(A1) from local host(L1). I then ssh to another remote(A2) from A1. When I do a who -m from A2, I see the "connected from" as "A1". => who -m userid pts/2 2010-03-27 08:47 (A1) I want to identify who is the local host who initiated the connection to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gomes1333
3 Replies

7. Programming

Oracle accessing from remote host

i have installd oracle 10 on Solaris 10 now i want to access this database from remote machine. -bash-3.00$ tnsping 192.168.92.49 TNS Ping Utility for Solaris: Version 10.2.0.2.0 - Production on 17-DEC-2010 21:06:51 Copyright (c) 1997, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved. Used parameter... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: akhaliq22
23 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to Oracle in Windows XP from Linux HOST

Hi everyone, I have oracle 9i installed in Windows XP and i have ubuntu in VM WARE. I would like to know how to connect to Oracle in windows xp from Linux through shel scripting...... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zimbu
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding Oracle form Version UNIX

I'm trying to find the version of the underlying Oracle forms from out Unix Server. I have tried frmcmp.sh -h but I get the error frmcmp.sh -h : not found Its a Unix Sun server running an oracle database Any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dbajtr
1 Replies
Session::Oracle(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Session::Oracle(3)

NAME
Apache::Session::Oracle - An implementation of Apache::Session SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Oracle; #if you want Apache::Session to open new DB handles: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { DataSource => 'dbi:Oracle:sessions', UserName => $db_user, Password => $db_pass, Commit => 1 }; #or, if your handles are already opened: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { Handle => $dbh, Commit => 1 }; DESCRIPTION
This module is an implementation of Apache::Session. It uses the Oracle backing store and no locking. See the example, and the documentation for Apache::Session::Store::Oracle for more details. USAGE
The special Apache::Session argument for this module is Commit. You MUST provide the Commit argument, which instructs this module to either commit the transaction when it is finished, or to simply do nothing. This feature is provided so that this module will not have adverse interactions with your local transaction policy, nor your local database handle caching policy. The argument is mandatory in order to make you think about this problem. This module also respects the LongReadLen argument, which specifies the maximum size of the session object. If not specified, the default maximum is 8 KB. AUTHOR
This module was written by Jeffrey William Baker <jwbaker@acm.org>. SEE ALSO
Apache::Session::File, Apache::Session::Flex, Apache::Session::DB_File, Apache::Session::Postgres, Apache::Session perl v5.12.1 2007-09-28 Session::Oracle(3)