Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ksh: How to write the log file simultaneously when .sql file executes by UNIX process Post 302988621 by Scrutinizer on Friday 30th of December 2016 12:07:02 AM
Old 12-30-2016
I would think the problem lies in the sqlplus log output buffer, so if it is possible, then it should be a sqlplus tunable..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write a varible into file in ksh

set filename $logDir/PyLog/$logname echo $filename >> logname.txt I am trying to write to write the varibale filename into a file logname.txt,it is not working could any one suggest y (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathgopi214
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to write a script in UNIX to find a file if another file exists

So I have a lot of Java applications on my servers all having their own folder from the applications subdirectory. Now, I need to do the following. Search all the applications subdirectories for message.jar. If the message.jar file exists, I need to search the application directory for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmdawg
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Catch a PL/SQL exception in ksh file

Hi all Im trying to call a PL SQl block from a ksh file like this : sqlplus -s $DB_USERID/$DB_PASSWD@$DB_NAME<<eof whenever SQLERROR exit 1 var varError VARCHAR2(200); exec ODAS_BATCH_JOBS_RETRIEVE.retrieve_user_info(:varError); eof If there is a error then varError will return a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sam123
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write process output to a file

When I run <ls -l> to get a list of all the files, I want the displayed result to be written to a text file. Is there a way to do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kn.naresh
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute PL/SQL function from Unix script (.sql file)

Hi guys, I am new on here, I have a function in oracle that returns a specific value: create or replace PACKAGE BODY "CTC_ASDGET_SCHED" AS FUNCTION FN_ASDSCHEDULE_GET RETURN VARCHAR2 AS BEGIN DECLARE ASDSchedule varchar2(6); ASDComplete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reptile
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sql data file in unix csv file as input to an sql query from shell

Hi , I used the below script to get the sql data into csv file using unix scripting. I m getting the output into an output file but the output file is not displayed in a separe columns . #!/bin/ksh export FILE_PATH=/maav/home/xyz/abc/ rm $FILE_PATH/sample.csv sqlplus -s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nareshp
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing sql results to file using ksh -nevermind

I'm having problems with writing my sql results to a file: sqlplus -S username/password@DB <<!! set echo off set verify off set showmode off set feedback off set timing off set linesize 250 set wrap off set pagesize 0 set newpage none set tab off set trimspool on set colsep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avillanueva
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple process write to same log file at the same time

If we have 3 process to write to same log file at the same time like below. will it cause the data outdated because the multiple process writing same time? It this a safe way to keep the log for multiple process? p1 >> test.log &; p2 >> test.log &; p3 >> test.log & Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: casttree
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to write shell script for my .sql file call

Hi Guys, I need to write a simple shell script which will generate a .csv file/report by calling .sql file inside a shell script. Can somebody help me on this. Thanks in advance! Regards, LK (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmanraok117
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Not able to write SQL query output in to .csv file with shell script.

I am trying to write SQL query output into a .csv file. But in the output columns are displaying in different lines instead of coming in one line. Main Code shell script: this is my code: #!/bin/bash file="db_detail.txt" . $file rm /batch/corpplan/bin/dan.csv... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepgoli53
6 Replies
kclog(1M)																 kclog(1M)

NAME
kclog - manage kernel configuration log file SYNOPSIS
config] string] type] name] [count] comment DESCRIPTION
is the administrative command for the HP-UX kernel configuration log file. The log file is automatically maintained by all of the kernel configuration commands (and Any change to any kernel configuration gets logged to this log file, which is located at Note that this file is a plain text file which can be viewed and manipulated using standard Unix file management commands; exists simply for convenience in find- ing particular log file entries. Under normal usage, prints the last count entries in the log file. When one of the options is specified, prints the last count entries that match the specified criteria. If count is not specified, it defaults to 1. Options will print all entries matching criteria. If this option is not specified, will only print the last count entries that match the specified criteria. will print only log file entries describing changes to the saved kernel configuration named config. If this option is not specified, will print log file entries describing changes to any saved or running kernel configuration. will not print any entries. Instead, will create a new entry, as if a kernel configuration change had been made, containing the specified comment. This option is only allowed for users with appropriate privileges. will print only log file entries that contain the given string. will print only log file entries that refer to a configuration object (module or tunable) of the given name. will print only log file entries that refer to configuration objects of the specified type: or RETURN VALUE
returns zero for success. It returns non-zero and prints a diagnostic message if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
To see the last three entries in the log: To see the last entry for the tunable To see the last five entries for module changes: To see all entries for module changes: To see the last entry mentioning Aberdeen: WARNINGS
The format of the log file may be changed without notice. Some configuration changes can be made without using the kernel configuration commands. No log file entries are made for such changes. The log file should not be manually edited. Doing so may cause to behave unpredictably. SEE ALSO
kcmodule(1M), kconfig(1M), kctune(1M), kconfig(5). available on kclog(1M)