Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: X11 forwarding issues
Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers X11 forwarding issues Post 302988608 by tomsayer1977 on Thursday 29th of December 2016 12:16:09 PM
Old 12-29-2016
X11 forwarding issues

Unable to get X11 activated on my login even after Unix admin has enabled it

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

ssh forwarding to X11

Hi, I have issues with running graphical interfaces on my computer being remotely logged into a network via the -X option of ssh. My .cshrc shows DISPLAY=hostname:0 and I think there should be a different number instead of the 0. I changed the ssh_config file already to 'X11 forwarding yes', which... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginese
0 Replies

2. Debian

X11 Forwarding Problem

I have 2 Debian boxes. In my ssh.com client and my putty client, I have X11 fowarding turned on for both boxes. When I connect one, I can xterm with no problem back to my pc. On the other, I keep getting: xterm Xt error: Can't open display: xterm: DISPLAY is not set On both... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: natter
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X11 forwarding not working

Hi, I am using Putty, enabled SSH X11 forwarding and entered the X11 display location as "localhost:0". However I encountered the following error: ------------------------------------ # xclock & 2941 # X connection to localhost:10.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown). + Exit 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: panggou
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

X11 forwarding problem between 2 RHEL4 machines with SSH

X11 forwarding problem between 2 RHEL4 machines with SSH Already configured the following on both machines under /etc/ssh Under sshd_config: UsePAM no AllowTcpForwarding yes Under ssh_config: ForwardAgent yes ForwardX11 yes ForwardX11Trusted yes ----------------------------- Using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: panggou
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

'X11 forwarding' SSHD assigns already used port

Hi, We've been facing a strange issue. Clients use X11 forwarding via SSH on HP server and sometimes the same DISPLAY is assigned to two (maybe more) sessions. As a result, some users can't open their applications, and some have their windows redirected to somebody else. It looks as if sshd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: piooooter
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X11 forwarding does not work after networking change

Hi all I'm having an issue with X11 Forwarding I have a VM set up on my computer which I usually "ssh -X" to over a home network (192.168.1.*). Client 192.168.1.100 Server 192.168.1.103 This worked perfectly fine for X11 forwarding. However I am not at home now (and have no access to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grahambo2005
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with X11 Forwarding

Hello. I installed a Debian box, and its installed remotely. I need to boot up iceweasel from there to do a quick test. I log on using: ssh root@<IP> -X I have modified the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file, and added the X11Forwarding yes flag And yet I still get: Error: cannot open... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: dynelight
10 Replies

8. Red Hat

X11 forwarding through a tunnel

Is it possible to launch an X11 application and have it use an X11 server on the other side of a bastion host? Specifically, here's my setup: my laptop ------------- bastion -------------- remote host I have putty installed on my laptop. The bastion is rhel 6.5 and the remote host is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tsreyb
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Force SSH session without/disabling X11 forwarding.

I would like to disable X11 session forcefully. I have tried the following things: 1. Setting appropriate DISPLAY variable in the /etc/environment file to be "0.0" 2. I have tried setting the sshd_config parameter X11Forwarding to be "no" This session communication is happening by exchanging... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhavvsk
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

X11 forwarding doesn't work

hi, I'm trying to run a bash script that starts GUI. Though it says application started when I run this bash script doesn't show up any GUI. Here is what I've tried so far and please let me know if I'm missing something with the X11 set up here. cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fop4658
8 Replies
dropbear(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       dropbear(8)

NAME
dropbear - lightweight SSH2 server SYNOPSIS
dropbear [-FEmwsgjki] [-b banner] [-d dsskey] [-r rsakey] [-p [address:]port] DESCRIPTION
dropbear is a SSH 2 server designed to be small enough to be used in small memory environments, while still being functional and secure enough for general use. OPTIONS
-b banner bannerfile. Display the contents of the file banner before user login (default: none). -d dsskey dsskeyfile. Use the contents of the file dsskey for the DSS host key (default: /etc/dropbear/dropbear_dss_host_key). Note that some SSH implementations use the term "DSA" rather than "DSS", they mean the same thing. This file is generated with dropbear- key(8). -r rsakey rsakeyfile. Use the contents of the file rsakey for the rsa host key (default: /etc/dropbear/dropbear_rsa_host_key). This file is generated with dropbearkey(8). -F Don't fork into background. -E Log to standard error rather than syslog. -m Don't display the message of the day on login. -w Disallow root logins. -s Disable password logins. -g Disable password logins for root. -j Disable local port forwarding. -k Disable remote port forwarding. -p [address:]port Listen on specified address and TCP port. If just a port is given listen on all addresses. up to 10 can be specified (default 22 if none specified). -i Service program mode. Use this option to run dropbear under TCP/IP servers like inetd, tcpsvd, or tcpserver. In program mode the -F option is implied, and -p options are ignored. -P pidfile Specify a pidfile to create when running as a daemon. If not specified, the default is /var/run/dropbear.pid -a Allow remote hosts to connect to forwarded ports. -W windowsize Specify the per-channel receive window buffer size. Increasing this may improve network performance at the expense of memory use. Use -h to see the default buffer size. -K timeout_seconds Ensure that traffic is transmitted at a certain interval in seconds. This is useful for working around firewalls or routers that drop connections after a certain period of inactivity. The trade-off is that a session may be closed if there is a temporary lapse of network connectivity. A setting if 0 disables keepalives. -I idle_timeout Disconnect the session if no traffic is transmitted or received for idle_timeout seconds. FILES
Authorized Keys ~/.ssh/authorized_keys can be set up to allow remote login with a RSA or DSS key. Each line is of the form [restrictions] ssh-rsa AAAAB3NzaC1yc2EAAAABIwAAAIgAsp... [comment] and can be extracted from a Dropbear private host key with "dropbearkey -y". This is the same format as used by OpenSSH, though the restrictions are a subset (keys with unknown restrictions are ignored). Restrictions are comma separated, with double quotes around spaces in arguments. Available restrictions are: no-port-forwarding Don't allow port forwarding for this connection no-agent-forwarding Don't allow agent forwarding for this connection no-X11-forwarding Don't allow X11 forwarding for this connection no-pty Disable PTY allocation. Note that a user can still obtain most of the same functionality with other means even if no-pty is set. command="forced_command" Disregard the command provided by the user and always run forced_command. The authorized_keys file and its containing ~/.ssh directory must only be writable by the user, otherwise Dropbear will not allow a login using public key authentication. Host Key Files Host key files are read at startup from a standard location, by default /etc/dropbear/dropbear_dss_host_key and /etc/dropbear/drop- bear_rsa_host_key or specified on the commandline with -d or -r. These are of the form generated by dropbearkey. Message Of The Day By default the file /etc/motd will be printed for any login shell (unless disabled at compile-time). This can also be disabled per- user by creating a file ~/.hushlogin . ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Dropbear sets the standard variables USER, LOGNAME, HOME, SHELL, PATH, and TERM. The variables below are set for sessions as appropriate. SSH_TTY This is set to the allocated TTY if a PTY was used. SSH_CONNECTION Contains "<remote_ip> <remote_port> <local_ip> <local_port>". DISPLAY Set X11 forwarding is used. SSH_ORIGINAL_COMMAND If a 'command=' authorized_keys option was used, the original command is specified in this variable. If a shell was requested this is set to an empty value. SSH_AUTH_SOCK Set to a forwarded ssh-agent connection. AUTHOR
Matt Johnston (matt@ucc.asn.au). Gerrit Pape (pape@smarden.org) wrote this manual page. SEE ALSO
dropbearkey(8), dbclient(1) http://matt.ucc.asn.au/dropbear/dropbear.html dropbear(8)