Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to compress and delete the older logs Post 302988512 by kriss.gv on Tuesday 27th of December 2016 11:47:42 AM
Old 12-27-2016
Script to compress and delete the older logs

Hello Guys,

Can you please help me with a script which zips the older log files(1-2 weeks) and delete them?

I want to run the script manually instead of setting it up in a cron job.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,
Kris

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to archive logs older than 5 days & then delete them?

My code is tar -cvf logs.tar `find /usr/openv/logs/512*.log -mtime +2` && find *.log* -mtime +2 -exec rm {} \; this gives me output as: tar: Missing filenames:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: timus1980
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than 2 days using shell script in Unix

I'm new to shell script.... can any one help... What is the shell script to delete the files older than 2 days ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishpabba
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete older versions of unique files

I have directory where new sub directories and files being created every few minutes. The directories are like abc_date, def_date, ghi_date. I am looking to keep the latest 2 unique directories and delete everything else. Here is what I have so far This gives me unique names excluding the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zzstore
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to tar, compress and remove files older than two days

Hi, I'm Eddy from Belgium and I've the following problem. I try to write a ksh script in AIX to tar, compress and remove the original *.wav files from the directory belgacom_sf_messages older than two days with the following commands. The problem is that I do not find a good combination... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edr
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To delete logs older than 30 days

I want to write a shell script that deletes all log files in a directory that are older than 30 days except for 3 files: I am using the following command: find /tmp/logs -name "*.log" -mtime +30 -exec rm -f {} \;But this command deletes all the log files. How can i modify this script that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmunir
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete logs older than 60 days

i am using HP-UX OS...... delete logs older than 60 days find -mtime +60 | grep -i '.*log' | xargs rm -mtime is nt available in HP-UX, pls tell me other option ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Need Script to ZIP/SAVE & then DELETE Log file & DELETE ZIPS older than 12 months

ENVIROMENT Linux: Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) iPlanet: iPlanet-WebServer-Enterprise/6.0SP1 Log Path: /usr/iplanet/servers/https-company/logs I have iPlanet log rotation enabled rotating files on a daily basis. The rotated logs are NOT compressed & are taking up too much space. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zachs
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete files in a folder older than 2 days

hi i need a script to delete the files older than 2 days... if my input is say in a folder versions A_14122012.txt A_15122012.txt A_16122012.txt A_17122012.txt i want my output to be A_16122012.txt A_17122012.txt thanks in advance hemanth saikumar. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to compress the directories which is older than 7 days?

Hi all, how to compress the directories which is older 7 days. If any one knows please help me this is urgent. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rameshpagadala
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compress folders older than x days

hello everyone. in /opt/abc every night there is a new folder created. in that folder there is aseries of files created for that day. i would like to run a script every Sunday night at 02:00 to compress each file separately (preserving its name) who is older than 2 days. i have found this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atux
2 Replies
apticron(1)						      General Commands Manual						       apticron(1)

NAME
apticron - Generate a mail listing packages which are pending an upgrade SYNOPSIS
apticron [--cron] DESCRIPTION
apticron is a shell script which generates a mail with a list of all packages currently pending an upgrade, as well as summary of changes - using apt-listchanges - to a configurable Email address. apticron is mainly intended for automatic notification of pending security updates but can also be used in many other situations where timely updates are necessary. The --cron option is only meant to be used when invoked by cron in order to run no more than once a day. FILES
/etc/apticron/apticron.conf Configuration file, Email address to mail and profile for use with apt-listchanges are configurable. /etc/cron.d/apticron Cron job for executing apticron daily. /etc/cron.daily/apticron Fallback cron script for executing apticron (if no crond running or system down at designated time). /var/lib/misc/apticron.cron Time stamp file used by apticron when invoked with --cron option. SEE ALSO
apt-get(8), apt-listchanges(1), cron(8) AUTHOR
Apticron was initially developed by Colm MacCarthaigh <colm.maccarthaigh@heanet.ie> with contributions from Marc Sherman <msherman@projec- tile.ca>. Since 2006 it is maintained and improved by Tiago Bortoletto Vaz <tiago@debian.org>. apticron(1)