Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Congrats to RudiC - 3000 Thanks! Post 302988457 by wisecracker on Monday 26th of December 2016 04:13:57 PM
Old 12-26-2016
Well done RudiC...

You have given much to the site and the thanks from others prove as such.

Congrats...
This User Gave Thanks to wisecracker For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Congrats

I guess this is the most appropriate section for this post... Just wanted to give a big congrats to LivinFree for passing the 1000 post mark. Nice job! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PxT
2 Replies

2. Solaris

ultra enterprise 3000

I have been trying to install a few different distributions on this server, i have 1 sparc 250 mhz, 512 ram, it has a scsi with the built in ethernet, ive tried debian, bsd, with no luck, i can gentoo live cd to run and work with the ethernet, but i would like a normal distro, anywaysi have solaris... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hahjoel
4 Replies

3. Hardware

Sun Enterprise 3000

I got a coffee table(enterprise 3000) for free from a friend a couple of months ago, and I'm trying to convince it to boot. List of cards 1x Clock Board 1x I/O board 2x CPU Boards 1x SCSI board? It has 2 SCSI headers on it anyway In addition, its HDD rack is almost full of 18GB drives.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dpeterson309
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

RudiC reaches over 4000 thanks in 6 years.

Congratulations. Nice one RudiC. That is some going, well done! Bazza. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
8 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Congratulations RudiC for completing 4000+ THANKS in forums.

Hello All forum members, I would like to take this opportunity to THANK RudiC for his tremendous achievement, guidance, help for helping in forums, let us join our hands together for his GREAT achievement :b: @Rudi sir, How are you sir? you ROCK, please keep up the great work sir :b: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
1 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

The Order of the Wizard's Hat - Lifetime Achievement Award 2019 - Congrats to RudiC

Please join me in congratulating RudiC for his long overdue lifetime achievement award badge from UNIX.COM in computer wizardry: "The Order of the Wizard's Hat - Lifetime Achievement Award" This "Order of the Wizard's Hat" is presented to RudiC for Computer Wizardry in the UNIX Operating... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
10 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Congratulations RudiC for completing 4500 THANKS in forums.

Hello All, I would like to take this opportunity to CONGRATULATE RudiC sir, (on behalf of all of us); please join your hands with me for congratulating RudiC sir for completing 4500 THANKS in forums. He is a GREAT ASSET in this forums and from years and years he is giving NICE, QUICK, Innovative... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
8 Replies
PROVE(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						  PROVE(1)

NAME
prove -- A command-line tool for running tests against Test::Harness SYNOPSIS
prove [options] [files/directories] OPTIONS
-b, --blib Adds blib/lib to the path for your tests, a la "use blib" -d, --debug Includes extra debugging information -D, --dry Dry run: Show the tests to run, but don't run them -h, --help Display this help -H, --man Longer manpage for prove -I Add libraries to @INC, as Perl's -I -l, --lib Add lib to the path for your tests --perl Sets the name of the Perl executable to use -r, --recurse Recursively descend into directories -s, --shuffle Run the tests in a random order --strap Define strap class to use -T Enable tainting checks -t Enable tainting warnings --timer Print elapsed time after each test file -v, --verbose Display standard output of test scripts while running them -V, --version Display version info Single-character options may be stacked. Default options may be set by specifying the PROVE_SWITCHES environment variable. OVERVIEW
prove is a command-line interface to the test-running functionality of "Test::Harness". With no arguments, it will run all tests in the current directory. Shell metacharacters may be used with command lines options and will be exanded via "File::Glob::bsd_glob". PROVE VS. ";MAKE TEST" prove has a number of advantages over "make test" when doing development. * prove is designed as a development tool Perl users typically run the test harness through a makefile via "make test". That's fine for module distributions, but it's subopti- mal for a test/code/debug development cycle. * prove is granular prove lets your run against only the files you want to check. Running "prove t/live/ t/master.t" checks every *.t in t/live, plus t/master.t. * prove has an easy verbose mode prove has a "-v" option to see the raw output from the tests. To do this with "make test", you must set "HARNESS_VERBOSE=1" in the environment. * prove can run under taint mode prove's "-T" runs your tests under "perl -T", and "-t" runs them under "perl -t". * prove can shuffle tests You can use prove's "--shuffle" option to try to excite problems that don't show up when tests are run in the same order every time. * prove doesn't rely on a make tool Not everyone wants to write a makefile, or use ExtUtils::MakeMaker to do so. prove has no external dependencies. * Not everything is a module More and more users are using Perl's testing tools outside the context of a module distribution, and may not even use a makefile at all. COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
-b, --blib Adds blib/lib to the path for your tests, a la "use blib". -d, --debug Include debug information about how prove is being run. This option doesn't show the output from the test scripts. That's handled by -v,--verbose. -D, --dry Dry run: Show the tests to run, but don't run them. -I Add libraries to @INC, as Perl's -I. -l, --lib Add "lib" to @INC. Equivalent to "-Ilib". --perl Sets the "HARNESS_PERL" environment variable, which controls what Perl executable will run the tests. -r, --recurse Descends into subdirectories of any directories specified, looking for tests. -s, --shuffle Sometimes tests are accidentally dependent on tests that have been run before. This switch will shuffle the tests to be run prior to run- ning them, thus ensuring that hidden dependencies in the test order are likely to be revealed. The author hopes the run the algorithm on the preceding sentence to see if he can produce something slightly less awkward. --strap Sets the HARNESS_STRAP_CLASS variable to set which Test::Harness::Straps variable to use in running the tests. -t Runs test programs under perl's -t taint warning mode. -T Runs test programs under perl's -T taint mode. --timer Print elapsed time after each test file -v, --verbose Display standard output of test scripts while running them. Also sets TEST_VERBOSE in case your tests rely on them. -V, --version Display version info. BUGS
Please use the CPAN bug ticketing system at <http://rt.cpan.org/>. You can also mail bugs, fixes and enhancements to "<bug-test-har- ness@rt.cpan.org>". TODO
o Shuffled tests must be recreatable AUTHORS
Andy Lester "<andy at petdance.com>" COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004-2006 by Andy Lester "<andy at petdance.com>". This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html>. perl v5.8.9 2009-04-13 PROVE(1)