Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Noob trying to improve
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Noob trying to improve Post 302988444 by Ardzii on Monday 26th of December 2016 12:11:01 PM
Old 12-26-2016
Hey RudiC!

Thanks for that!SmilieSmilie It looks really great! I have got a lot of work ahead to understand your lines thoughSmilieSmilieSmilie

I'll let you know once I'm able to get the results as you did!

Best!

Ardzii

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I improve this script ???

Hi all, Still a newbie and learning as I go ... as you do :) Have created this script to report on disc usage and I've just included the ChkSpace function this morning. It's the first time I've read a file (line-by-bloody-line) and would like to know if I can improve this script ? FYI - I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
11 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

improve performance by using ls better than find

Hi , i'm searching for files over many Aix servers with rsh command using this request : find /dir1 -name '*.' -exec ls {} \; and then count them with "wc" but i would improve this search because it's too long and replace directly find with ls command but "ls *. " doesn't work. and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nicol
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

improve this?

Wrote this script to find the date x days before or after today. Is there any way that this script can be speeded up or otherwise improved? #!/usr/bin/sh check_done() { if then daysofmth=31 elif then if ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Improve Performance

hi someone tell me which ways i can improve disk I/O and system process performance.kindly refer some commands so i can do it on my test machine.thanks, Mazhar (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mazhar99
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any way to improve performance of this script

I have a data file of 2 gig I need to do all these, but its taking hours, any where i can improve performance, thanks a lot #!/usr/bin/ksh echo TIMESTAMP="$(date +'_%y-%m-%d.%H-%M-%S')" function showHelp { cat << EOF >&2 syntax extreme.sh FILENAME Specify filename to parse EOF... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirababu
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

How to improve throughput?

I have a 10Gbps network link connecting two machines A and B. I want to transfer 20GB data from A to B using TCP. With default setting, I can use 50% bandwidth. How to improve the throughput? Is there any way to make throughput as close to 10Gbps as possible? thanks~ :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrewust
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to improve the performance of script

Hi All, I have written a script as follows which is taking lot of time in executing/searching only 3500 records taken as input from one file in log file of 12 GB Approximately. Working of script is read the csv file as an input having 2 arguments which are transaction_id,mobile_number and search... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poweroflinux
6 Replies

8. AIX

improve sulog

I just wrote a very small script that improves readability on system sulog. The problem with all sulog is there is lack of clarity whether the info you are looking at is the most current. So if you just need a simple soution instead of going thru the trouble of writing a script that rotate logs and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to improve an script?

Gents. I have 2 different scripts for the same purpose: raw2csv_1 Script raw2csv_1 finish the process in less that 1 minute raw2csv_2 Script raw2csv_2 finish the process in more that 6 minutes. Can you please check if there is any option to improve the raw2csv_2. To finish the job... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improve script

Gents, Is there the possibility to improve this script to be able to have same output information. I did this script, but I believe there is a very short code to get same output here my script awk -F, '{if($10>0 && $10<=15) print $6}' tmp1 | sort -k1n | awk '{a++} END { for (n in a )... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
23 Replies
CHING(6)							 BSD Games Manual							  CHING(6)

NAME
ching -- the book of changes and other cookies SYNOPSIS
ching [hexagram] DESCRIPTION
The I Ching or Book of Changes is an ancient Chinese oracle that has been in use for centuries as a source of wisdom and advice. The text of the oracle (as it is sometimes known) consists of sixty-four hexagrams, each symbolized by a particular arrangement of six straight (---) and broken (- -) lines. These lines have values ranging from six through nine, with the even values indicating the broken lines. Each hexagram consists of two major sections. The Judgement relates specifically to the matter at hand (e.g., ``It furthers one to have somewhere to go.'') while the Image describes the general attributes of the hexagram and how they apply to one's own life (``Thus the superior man makes himself strong and untiring.'') When any of the lines have the values six or nine, they are moving lines; for each there is an appended judgement which becomes significant. Furthermore, the moving lines are inherently unstable and change into their opposites; a second hexagram (and thus an additional judgement) is formed. Normally, one consults the oracle by fixing the desired question firmly in mind and then casting a set of changes (lines) using yarrow-stalks or tossed coins. The resulting hexagram will be the answer to the question. Using an algorithm suggested by S. C. Johnson, the UNIX oracle simply reads a question from the standard input (up to an EOF) and hashes the individual characters in combination with the time of day, process id and any other magic numbers which happen to be lying around the system. The resulting value is used as the seed of a random number generator which drives a simulated coin-toss divination. The answer is then piped through nroff(1) for formatting and will appear on the standard output. For those who wish to remain steadfast in the old traditions, the oracle will also accept the results of a personal divination using, for example, coins. To do this, cast the change and then type the resulting line values as an argument. The impatient modern may prefer to settle for Chinese cookies; try fortune(6). DIAGNOSTICS
The great prince issues commands, Founds states, vests families with fiefs. Inferior people should not be employed. SEE ALSO
It furthers one to see the great man. BUGS
Waiting in the mud Brings about the arrival of the enemy. If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD