Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A little bit of XMAS fun...
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? A little bit of XMAS fun... Post 302988371 by bakunin on Sunday 25th of December 2016 10:16:37 AM
Old 12-25-2016
OK, first establish the constants:

beer-bottle=10, hamburger=5, beer-glass=2, hot dog=x

So we have the integral from 0 to infinity of 10sin(x) / 2x dx. This (the so-called "Dirichlet-Integral") is an improper integral. As the integral from 0 to infinity of sin( \omega ) / \omega d\omega = \pi/2 we get 5 \pi / 2 or, after applying the linguistic uncertainty-relation ("pi" => "pie"):

two pies and a half.

bakunin

Last edited by bakunin; 12-25-2016 at 05:49 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to bakunin For This Post:

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

migrating unix mp-ras 32 bit to linux suse 64 bit

Hi. I need to migrate the whole unix environment from a Unix mp-ras 32 bit to a Linux Suse 64 bit. 1) can i use cpio to copy the data? 2) can i just copy the users from unix to linux or do i have to create them by hand 3) are there any other concerns i should worry about? thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrodrig
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
curl(3rheolef)							    rheolef-6.1 						    curl(3rheolef)

NAME
curl -- curl operator SYNOPSIS
form(const space V, const space& M, "curl"); DESCRIPTION
Assembly the form associated to the curl operator on finite element space. In three dimensions, both V and M are vector-valued: / | b(u,q) = | curl(u).q dx | / Omega In two dimensions, only V is vector-valued. The V space may be a either P2 finite element space, while the M space may be P1d. See also form(2) and space(2). EXAMPLE
The following piece of code build the divergence form associated to the P2 approximation for a three dimensional geometry: geo omega("cube"); space V(omega, "P2", "vector"); space M(omega, "P1d", "vector"); form b(V, M, "curl"); while this code becomes in two dimension: geo omega("square"); space V(omega, "P2", "vector"); space M(omega, "P1d"); form b(V, M, "curl"); SEE ALSO
form(2), space(2) rheolef-6.1 rheolef-6.1 curl(3rheolef)