Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A little bit of XMAS fun...
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? A little bit of XMAS fun... Post 302988365 by wisecracker on Sunday 25th of December 2016 04:18:29 AM
Old 12-25-2016
A little bit of XMAS fun...

Hi all...

On FB there are ridiculously simple arithmetic memes using images as numbers.

It surprises me how many people get them wrong. Then someone I know posted this baby.

So I decided to repost on FB and label it as:- "This will sort out the men from the boys."

Have fun guys, the mathematicians on here should get it straight away.

A bit of XMAS fun...

Bazza.
A little bit of XMAS fun...-memejpg

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

copying or concatinating string from 1st bit, leaving 0th bit

Hello, If i have 2 strings str1 and str2, i would like to copy/concatenate str2 to str1, from 1st bit leaving the 0th bit. How do i do it? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

migrating unix mp-ras 32 bit to linux suse 64 bit

Hi. I need to migrate the whole unix environment from a Unix mp-ras 32 bit to a Linux Suse 64 bit. 1) can i use cpio to copy the data? 2) can i just copy the users from unix to linux or do i have to create them by hand 3) are there any other concerns i should worry about? thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrodrig
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to handle 64 bit arithmetic operation at 32 bit compiled perl interpreter?H

Hi, Here is the issue. From the program snippet I have Base: 0x1800000000, Size: 0x3FFE7FFFFFFFF which are of 40 and 56 bits. SO I used use bignum to do the math but summing them up I always failed having correct result. perl interpreter info, perl, v5.8.8 built for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
0 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Which version of Windows Vista to install with a product key? 32-bit or 64-bit?

Hello everyone. I bought a dell laptop (XPS M1330) online which came without a hard drive. There is a Windows Vista Ultimate OEMAct sticker with product key at the bottom case. I checked dell website (here) for this model and it says this model supports both 32 and 64-bit version of Windows... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
4 Replies
BABY(1)                                                       General Commands Manual                                                      BABY(1)

NAME
baby -- create new process from two parents SYNOPSIS
baby -sex [m|f] [-name name] DESCRIPTION
baby is initiated when one parent process polls another server process through a socket connection in the BSD version or through pipes in the System V implementation. baby runs at low priority for approximately forty weeks and then terminates with a heavy system load. Most systems require constant monitoring when baby reaches its final stages of execution. Older implementations of baby did not require both initiating processes to be present at the time of completion. In those versions the initiating process which was not present was awakened and notified of the results upon completion. It has since been determined that the presence of both parent processes result in a generally lower system load at completion, and thus current versions of baby expect both par- ent processes to be active during the final stages. Successful completion of baby results in the creation and naming of a new process. Parent processes then broadcast messages to all other processes, local and remote, informing them of their new status. OPTIONS
-sex define the gender of the created process -name assign the name name to the new process EXAMPLES
baby -sex f -name Jacqueline completed successfully on July 9, 1992 at 9:11pm. Jacqueline's vital statistics: 8 pounds 3 oz, 20 inches, long dark hair. The parent process, Kim Dunbar, is reportedly doing fine. SEE ALSO
cigar(6), dump(5), cry(3). BUGS
Despite its complexity, baby only knows one signal, SIGCHLD, (or SIGCLD in the System V implementation), which it uses to contact the par- ent processes. One or both parent processes must then inspect the baby process to determine the cause of the signal. The sleep(1) command may not work as expected on either parent process for some time afterward, as each new instance of baby sends inter- mittent signals to the parent processes which must be handled by the parents immediately. A baby process will frequently dump core, requiring either or both parent processes to clean up after it. Despite the reams of available documentation on invoking and maintaining baby, most parent processes are overwhelmed. AUTHORS
From a man page by Joe Beck, <beck@cs.ualberta.ca>. BABY(1)