Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat ACLs - How can i create new executable files Post 302988350 by jim mcnamara on Saturday 24th of December 2016 09:38:07 AM
Old 12-24-2016
Maybe I do not understand - but you seem to want default ACL settings for a directory to propagate to files (not necessarily as they are created I assume).

From
Setting Access ACLs
Quote:
8.2. Setting Access ACLs

There are two types of ACLs: access ACLs and default ACLs. An access ACL is the access control list for a specific file or directory. A default ACL can only be associated with a directory; if a file within the directory does not have an access ACL, it uses the rules of the default ACL for the directory. Default ACLs are optional.
Your files I believe already have ACL's on them. Note the red text above.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Makefile compilation Error -Unable to create executable

Hi , While trying to compile a PRO*C code on unix using makefile i get the following errors. i am now working on a 10g migration (from 8i) ... these makefile perfectly work in previous version. ld: fatal: file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivalives
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executable files

This question always confuses me :- Suppose I write a program and compile it on a machine with operating system A and processor B will the exe file run on a machine with operating system A2 but processor B operating system A but processor B2 operating system A2 and processor B2........ ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nervous
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

listing executable files in unix.

How to list out the files which are not accessed for the last n days? and How to list out all the executable files in a directory? can anyone help me on the above? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I make "touch" create executable files by manipulating umask?

I'm getting to grips with this concept of the umask. What I thought was, setting umask uga+rwx would result in creating files with all permissions for everyone. Seems not to be the case though. Read and write bits get set, but not the execute bit. Is there some gap in my understanding, or is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tphyahoo
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

executable files

hello. My question, basically is: what is the definition of unix/linux exec files, or what makes a file executable? More specifically, must a unix source file that was compiled using gcc have exec permissions in order to be considered executable? Is it right to say that a unix/linux exec file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nadavkri
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create GUI or Executable For Script

Hi all. I've got a unix script at work that I just got done with. Now they want me to write some simple way to run it on Windows. Right now we log into a Solaris server using Hummingbird Exceed to gain a terminal. Im thinking that there really isn't any good way to get Windows and the server... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create executable file just like in folder /bin?

I know shell is an interpreter language, but can I make an executable file just like in folder /bin, /usr/bin, etc which source code was from a .sh file or from some .sh files?? My main purpose is to hide the source code. thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 14th
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Command to list all header files used to create an executable

All, I would like to know if there is a command which will list all the header files which were used while creating the executable. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: helper
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create an executable bash script for these commands?

I wish to create an executable bash script that will run the following commands as root, that is, using sudo su iptables-save | awk '/^ / { print $1 } /^:+ / { print $1 " ACCEPT" ; } /COMMIT/ { print $0; }' | iptables-restoreMy first attempt at bash... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: thixeqi
9 Replies
lsacl(1)						      General Commands Manual							  lsacl(1)

NAME
lsacl - list access control lists (ACLs) of files SYNOPSIS
file... DESCRIPTION
lists access control lists (ACLs) of one or more files in symbolic, ``short'' form, one file's ACL per line of output, followed by the file name; see acl(5) for ACL syntax. Options recognizes the following option: Print ACLs in long form. Each file's ACL can be more than one line long, and is always preceded by file name, colon, and newline. Consecutive file names are separated by blank lines. If a hyphen is given as a file name argument, prints the ACL for the standard input. By default, it prints the file name as For the option it prints a file name of Unlike cannot list ACLs of files in subdirectories automatically or list the ACL entries of the files in the current directory by default. A good way to do the latter is: or EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, a default of "C" (see lang(5)) is used instead of If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to "C". See environ(5). RETURN VALUE
If succeeds, it returns zero. If invoked incorrectly, it returns a value of If is unable to read the ACL for a specified file, it prints an error message to standard error, continues, and later returns a value of EXAMPLES
List the ACL for the file List ACLs for all files in the current directory, in long form. List ACLs for all files under DEPENDENCIES
will fail when the target file resides on a file system which does not support ACLs. NFS: is not supported on remote files. AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
chacl(1), getaccess(1), ls(1), getacl(2), acl(5). lsacl(1)