Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat ACLs - How can i create new executable files Post 302988350 by jim mcnamara on Saturday 24th of December 2016 09:38:07 AM
Old 12-24-2016
Maybe I do not understand - but you seem to want default ACL settings for a directory to propagate to files (not necessarily as they are created I assume).

From
Setting Access ACLs
Quote:
8.2. Setting Access ACLs

There are two types of ACLs: access ACLs and default ACLs. An access ACL is the access control list for a specific file or directory. A default ACL can only be associated with a directory; if a file within the directory does not have an access ACL, it uses the rules of the default ACL for the directory. Default ACLs are optional.
Your files I believe already have ACL's on them. Note the red text above.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Makefile compilation Error -Unable to create executable

Hi , While trying to compile a PRO*C code on unix using makefile i get the following errors. i am now working on a 10g migration (from 8i) ... these makefile perfectly work in previous version. ld: fatal: file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivalives
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executable files

This question always confuses me :- Suppose I write a program and compile it on a machine with operating system A and processor B will the exe file run on a machine with operating system A2 but processor B operating system A but processor B2 operating system A2 and processor B2........ ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nervous
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

listing executable files in unix.

How to list out the files which are not accessed for the last n days? and How to list out all the executable files in a directory? can anyone help me on the above? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can I make "touch" create executable files by manipulating umask?

I'm getting to grips with this concept of the umask. What I thought was, setting umask uga+rwx would result in creating files with all permissions for everyone. Seems not to be the case though. Read and write bits get set, but not the execute bit. Is there some gap in my understanding, or is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tphyahoo
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

executable files

hello. My question, basically is: what is the definition of unix/linux exec files, or what makes a file executable? More specifically, must a unix source file that was compiled using gcc have exec permissions in order to be considered executable? Is it right to say that a unix/linux exec file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nadavkri
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create GUI or Executable For Script

Hi all. I've got a unix script at work that I just got done with. Now they want me to write some simple way to run it on Windows. Right now we log into a Solaris server using Hummingbird Exceed to gain a terminal. Im thinking that there really isn't any good way to get Windows and the server... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grizzly
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create executable file just like in folder /bin?

I know shell is an interpreter language, but can I make an executable file just like in folder /bin, /usr/bin, etc which source code was from a .sh file or from some .sh files?? My main purpose is to hide the source code. thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 14th
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Command to list all header files used to create an executable

All, I would like to know if there is a command which will list all the header files which were used while creating the executable. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: helper
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create an executable bash script for these commands?

I wish to create an executable bash script that will run the following commands as root, that is, using sudo su iptables-save | awk '/^ / { print $1 } /^:+ / { print $1 " ACCEPT" ; } /COMMIT/ { print $0; }' | iptables-restoreMy first attempt at bash... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: thixeqi
9 Replies
GETFACL(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						GETFACL(1)

NAME
getfacl -- get ACL information SYNOPSIS
getfacl [-dhinqv] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
The getfacl utility writes discretionary access control information associated with the specified file(s) to standard output. If the getconf(1) utility indicates that {_POSIX_ACL_EXTENDED} is not in effect for a file then the standard discretionary access permissions are interpreted as an ACL containing only the required ACL entries. The following option is available: -d The operation applies to the default ACL of a directory instead of the access ACL. An error is generated if a default ACL cannot be associated with file. This option is not valid for NFSv4 ACLs. -h If the target of the operation is a symbolic link, return the ACL from the symbolic link itself rather than following the link. -i For NFSv4 ACLs, append numerical ID at the end of each entry containing user or group name. Ignored for POSIX.1e ACLs. -n Display user and group IDs numerically rather than converting to a user or group name. Ignored for POSIX.1e ACLs. -q Do not write commented information about file name and ownership. This is useful when dealing with filenames with unprintable char- acters. -v For NFSv4 ACLs, display access mask and flags in a verbose form. Ignored for POSIX.1e ACLs. The following operand is available: file A pathname of a file whose ACL shall be retrieved. If file is not specified, or a file is specified as -, then getfacl reads a list of pathnames, each terminated by one newline character, from the standard input. For an explanation of the ACL syntax, see the setfacl(1) manual page. EXIT STATUS
The getfacl utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. EXAMPLES
getfacl / Retrieve ACL for the directory /. getfacl -d / Retrieve the default ACL for the directory /, if any. SEE ALSO
setfacl(1), acl(3), getextattr(8), setextattr(8), acl(9), extattr(9) STANDARDS
The getfacl utility is expected to be IEEE Std 1003.2c compliant. HISTORY
Extended Attribute and Access Control List support was developed as part of the TrustedBSD Project and introduced in FreeBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
Robert N M Watson BSD
September 4, 2009 BSD